Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (5/23/16). "Press Release: Dr. Cynthia Friend Joins Bruker Board of Directors". Billerica, MA.
|Organisation||Bruker Corporation (Nasdaq: BRKR)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Harvard University|
|Product 2||chemistry (science)|
|Person||Friend, Cynthia (Harvard Univ 201605 Director of Rowland Institute + Bruker 201605– Board Director)|
|Person 2||Laukien, Frank H. (Bruker 201204 President + CEO)|
Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR) today announced that its shareholders have elected Dr. Cynthia Friend as a new member of the Board of Directors, effective May 20, 2016.
Dr. Friend currently serves as Director of the Rowland Institute at Harvard University. She also serves as Director of the DoE Energy Frontier Research Center for Sustainable Catalysis at Harvard. In 2011-2012, Dr. Friend was the Associate Director of the SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory. From 2001-2011, she was the Associate Director of the Materials Research Science and Engineering Center, from 2004-2007, she was the Chair of the Chemistry and Chemical Biology Department, and from 2002-2005, she was Associate Dean of the Faculty of Arts & Sciences, all at Harvard University.
Dr. Friend became the Theodore Williams Richards Professor of Chemistry in 1998 and a Professor of Materials Science in 2002 at Harvard University. Since joining the Harvard Department of Chemistry in 1982, she has received numerous awards for her scientific research, and has served on a number of research and scientific advisory boards and panels. Dr. Friend holds a Ph.D. in Chemistry from the University of California, Berkeley.
Frank Laukien, the President and CEO of Bruker, stated: "It is my great pleasure to welcome Cynthia to Bruker's Board of Directors. Her experience with science policy, research priorities and strategy development will be very valuable to Bruker. In addition, her insights into scientific trends and emerging applications will help us prioritize and direct our research and development investments, and grow with new opportunities and in new markets."
"I am looking forward to serve on the Board of Directors of Bruker Corporation - a leader in the development of scientific instrumentation and analytical methods," said Cynthia Friend. "It will be a pleasure to work with the Bruker team to foster additional innovation in the future."
About Bruker Corporation
For more than 50 years, Bruker has enabled scientists to make breakthrough discoveries and develop new applications that improve the quality of human life. Bruker's high-performance scientific research instruments and high-value analytical solutions enable scientists to explore life and materials at molecular, cellular and microscopic levels.
In close cooperation with our customers, Bruker is enabling innovation, productivity and customer success in life science molecular research, in applied and pharma applications, and in microscopy, nano-analysis and industrial applications, as well as in cell biology, preclinical imaging, clinical research, microbiology and molecular diagnostics. For more information, please visit: http://www.bruker.com.
Joshua Young, Vice President, Investor Relations and Corporate Development, Bruker Corporation, T: 1 (978) 667 - 9580, ext. 1479, joshua.young@Bruker.com
Record changed: 2016-07-02
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]