Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/24/11). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies’ NMR Spectrometer Chosen by Harvard Medical School Laboratory for Biomolecular Applications". Santa Clara, CA.
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced that Harvard Medical School has selected Agilent's 700-MHz Ultra-High Field Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) spectrometer for biomolecular research applications.
The spectrometer will be used by the laboratories of Drs. Gerhard Wagner and James Chou of the Harvard Medical School to study protein structure and interaction.
"Our goal is to develop NMR and mass spectrometry methods that will enable us to gain a better understanding of chronic myologenic leukemia through research into predictive biomarkers," said Dr. Wagner, the Elkan Rogers Blout Professor of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology at Harvard.
"Ultimately this research may lead to improvements in the monitoring of patients undergoing drug treatment. We are confident that Agilent's 700-MHz Ultra-High Field NMR spectrometer has the capabilities to help us achieve these goals."
NMR is an important tool used to gain a greater understanding of the structure, function, and dynamics of biomolecules such as proteins, RNA and DNA. NMR experiments provide connectivity information as well as important data about the spatial orientation of the molecule, such as how it is folded or twisted in three dimensions, in its natural environment. This structural information is critical for applications where scientists desire a deeper understanding of protein or nucleic acid targets and their spatial relationships with other biomolecules.
"NMR applications are at the forefront of our expanded research products portfolio," said Nick Roelofs, Ph.D., president, Agilent Life Sciences Group. "We will continue to work with the research community to ensure that our NMR solutions meet their needs, accelerating important discoveries that will enable a better understanding of complex biological systems."
"This is one of the first Agilent branded NMR systems, and we are very excited Harvard Medical School has chosen the Agilent 700-MHz Ultra High Field NMR spectrometer for this research," said Regina Schuck, Ph.D., vice president of Agilent's Research Products Division. "Agilent has a comprehensive portfolio of high-resolution NMR instruments and is committed to supporting scientists focused on understanding the structure and function of biomolecules."
Agilent's portfolio of ultra-high field NMR systems has been designed to deliver maximum performance across myriad sample types. For biomolecules in particular, Agilent is focused on achieving the highest possible measurement sensitivity with small sample volumes. The 700-MHz system also features an actively shielded magnet, which reduces stray magnetic fields, minimizing space requirements for the placement of new systems.
Agilent's portfolio of NMR instrumentation and technology includes:
* The VNMRS suite of NMR systems, ideal for advanced research applications across multiple sample types of bio-liquids, bio-solids, small molecules, polymers and materials, and for microimaging experiments.
* The 400-MR, a compact and easy-to-use NMR system that can be fully automated to save time.
* DirectDrive RF architecture and the DirectDigital receiver system, standard components on all Agilent NMR instrumentation, which remove inconsistencies in measurement and prevent delays in data acquisition.
* VnmrJ software, a workflow-based program designed to organize samples and related data to help scientists easily monitor, track and manage results.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, electronics and communications. The company's 18,500 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $5.4 billion in fiscal 2010. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 553 2005
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]