Document › Details
908 Devices, Inc.. (4/26/16). "Press Release: 908 Devices Expands First Responder Toolkits in the Nation’s Capital with the Addition of Handheld Mass Spectrometers". Boston, MA.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||908 Devices Inc.|
|Organisation 2||National Capital Region’s Hazardous Materials Committe (US)|
|Product||M908 handheld mass spectrometer|
|Product 2||high-pressure mass spectrometry (HPMS™ technology)|
|Person||Knopp, Kevin J. (908 Devices 201303 CEO + Co-founder before Thermo Fisher + Ahura Scientific)|
|Person 2||Kenneweg, John (908 Devices 201503 VP Sales)|
Type 1 Hazardous Materials Response Teams to leverage user-friendly and cost-effective solution to identify and detect high-priority threats
908 Devices, a pioneer of purpose-built analytical devices for chemical analysis, today announced that the National Capital Region’s Hazardous Materials Committee has purchased nine of the Company’s flagship award-winning product, M908TM the world’s first and only handheld mass spectrometer for downrange threat detection and identification. The addition of M908 replaces older, technologically obsolete, mass spectrometers that were no longer being utilized by the response teams with an innovative technology that is user friendly and inexpensive to maintain.
As today’s threat landscape continues to change, the National Capital Region’s Hazardous Materials Committee is dedicated to equipping their teams with new technologies that will better prepare them for future incidents. The addition of M908 to the region’s Type 1 Hazardous Materials Response Teams’ responder toolkits improves their ability to protect citizens, visitors, historic sites and government facilities within the region.
“The level of extremist activity both domestically and abroad continues to grow, and there is an ever-increasing need for new technology to protect communities and first responders,” said Dr. Kevin J. Knopp, CEO and co-founder, 908 Devices. “New devices like M908 fill the gaps that exist in today’s response missions, improving situational awareness, which is key to reaction time and threat neutralization. As a result, first responders are better prepared to protect the communities they serve.”
Throughout the Washington, D.C. area, Type 1 Hazardous Materials Response Teams respond to all incidents involving the release of hazardous materials. Previously, teams were leveraging transportable mass spectrometers (MS) to perform chemical analysis; however, these systems were large, fragile and complex, resulting in limited deployment. M908 will support the response mission by decreasing the time necessary to detect and identify unknown chemicals while increasing the reliability of the results. M908 also adds trace detection capability, an application that other identification technologies currently carried by each team cannot perform.
“The need for more diverse technology in the field is being driven by the increased risk and varying degrees of CBRNE threats that require immediate and accurate detection,” said John Kenneweg, Vice President, 908 Devices. “The powerful capabilities of M908 provide the speed, power and fidelity required for today’s first responders, civilian support teams and military at the point of need.”
M908 is powered by high-pressure mass spectrometry (HPMS) to deliver the selectivity and sensitivity to detect priority threats with high confidence and extremely low false alarm rates. It is currently being used by state, local, federal and foreign government agencies, as well as civilian and military organizations worldwide for CBRNE threat detection and HazMat response.
To learn more about M908, visit http://908devices.com/products/m908/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow us on Twitter at @908Devices and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/908-devices.
About 908 Devices
908 Devices, is democratizing chemical analysis by way of mass spectrometry, offering point-of-need chemical analysis devices ranging from rugged, handheld chemical detection tools to compact, tiny footprint analyzers and fast separation devices. These purpose-built and user-centric devices serve a range of industries including safety and security, oil & gas, life sciences and other applied markets. 908 Devices is headquartered in the heart of Boston where they research, design and manufacture innovative products based on High Pressure Mass SpectrometryTM (HPMS).
For 908 Devices
Nikki Festa/Alex Henry, +1-617-502-4300
Alyssa Ludvino, +1-978-427-1026
Record changed: 2016-06-10
More documents for 908 Devices Inc.
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (9/13/16). "Press Release: 908 Devices Announces Feature Upgrades for M908". Boston, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (6/21/16). "Press Release: 908 Devices Announces Significant Investments for Life Science Division Following Series C Funding Round". Boston, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/6/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Strengthens Life Sciences Leadership with New Instruments Launched at ASMS 2016". San Antonio, TX....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/3/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific and 908 Devices to Demonstrate Innovative Separation Technology with Industry-Leading Orbitrap Mass Spectrometers at ASMS 2016". San José, CA & Boston, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (6/2/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific and 908 Devices to Demonstrate Innovative Separation Technology with Industry-Leading Orbitrap Mass Spectrometers at ASMS 2016"....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (3/22/16). "Press Release: 908 Devices Delivers Ballistic GC-MS Analysis Throughout the Hydrocarbon Processing Industry with the Launch of G908"....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (3/8/16). "Press Release: 908 Devices Empowers Traditional Mass Spectrometry with the Launch of ZipChip". Boston, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (2/22/16). "Press Release: 908 Devices Named 2016 Energy Innovation Pioneer by IHS"....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (2/2/16). "Press Release: 908 Devices Achieves ISO 9001:2015 Certification Standard"....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (1/4/16). "Press Release: 908 Devices Introduces New Got Your Back Program"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]