Document › Details
Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (4/14/16). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience and Horizon Discovery to Launch iPLEX Reference Standards for the MassARRAY System". San Diego, CA & Cambridge.
Agena Bioscience to provide Horizon’s human genomic reference standards to assess quality and performance of oncology-based assays on the MassARRAY System
Agena Bioscience (“Agena”) and Horizon Discovery Group plc (LSE: HZD) (“Horizon”) today announced a Supply and Distribution agreement to launch iPLEX® reference standards for performance verification of oncology assays used on the MassARRAY® System.
Under the partnership, Agena Bioscience will offer multiplexed sets of iPLEX-branded reference standards containing somatic variants in key oncogenic genes implicated in colon, lung, and skin cancers. These standards will be made from cell lines precisely engineered using Horizon’s proprietary genome engineering platform, and will be provided at fixed and known allelic frequencies, thereby mimicking real patient tumors.
The MassARRAY System enables rapid assay development for targeted and highly sensitive mutation analysis. Tens to hundreds of actionable genetic variants are easily tested. However, robust assay performance requires upfront analytical verification and validation. These standards, available through Agena Bioscience, will be a valuable resource for laboratories to speed analytical validation and serve as ongoing positive controls, complementing laboratories’ evaluation of clinical research specimens.
“We are committed to accelerating the development and deployment of clinical research tests on the MassARRAY System,” commented Pete Dansky, CEO of Agena Bioscience. “This development of standards for Agena Bioscience by Horizon will provide a cost-effective, optimized resource for efficient test deployment.”
Dr. Paul Morrill, President, Products, Horizon Discovery Group commented: “Horizon’s Reference Standards continue to gain traction in an ever wider range of applications and are increasingly used to harmonize results across platforms. We are therefore pleased that Agena chose to work with Horizon to support high quality assay validation in a clinical research setting for this, our first commercial agreement for use on a mass spectrometry platform.”
About Agena Bioscience
Agena Bioscience develops, manufactures, and supplies genetic analysis systems and reagents, including the MassARRAY® System. The system is a highly sensitive, cost-effective, mass spectrometry-based platform for high-throughput genetic analysis, and is used globally in diverse research fields such as cancer profiling for solid tumors and liquid biopsies, inherited genetic disease testing, pharmacogenetics, agricultural genomics, and clinical research. The MassARRAY System is intended for research use only, and not intended for use in diagnostic procedures.
About Horizon Discovery Group plc
Horizon Discovery Group plc (LSE: HZD) (“Horizon”), is a world-leading gene editing company that designs and engineers genetically-modified cells and then applies them in research and clinical applications that advance human health.
Horizon’s core capabilities are built around its proprietary translational genomics platform, a highly precise and flexible suite of gene editing tools (rAAV, ZFN and CRISPR) able to alter almost any gene sequence in human or mammalian cell-lines.
Horizon offers over 23,000 catalog products and related research services, almost all of which are based on the generation and application of cell and animal models that accurately recapitulate the disease-causing genetic anomalies found in diseases like cancer. Horizon’s commercial offering has been adopted by c1,400 unique research organizations in over 50 countries as well as in the Company’s own R&D pipeline to support a greater understanding of the genetic drivers of disease and the development of molecular, cell and gene therapies that can be prescribed on a personalized basis.
Horizon is headquartered in Cambridge, UK, and is listed on the London Stock Exchange’s AIM market under the ticker “HZD”. www.horizondiscovery.com/
Record changed: 2016-04-18
More documents for Agena Bioscience (Group)
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (3/15/17). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Introduces New Lung and Colon Cancer Panels for Detection of Somatic Mutations from Liquid Biopsies and Solid Tumor Tissues". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (8/29/16). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Names Genelex as Certified Service Provider for Targeted Genetic Analysis". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (8/16/16). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Expands ISO Accreditation for Genetic Testing". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (4/18/16). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Launches High Sensitivity and Multiplexed Genetic Testing Product for Targeted Analysis of Solid Tumors". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (4/4/16). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Launches In Vitro Diagnostic Tests for Lung and Colon Cancer in Europe. Company Achieves CE-IVD mark and Enters Routine Molecular Diagnostics Market". San Diego, CA & Hamburg....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (3/1/16). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience and CapitalBio Technology to Develop Cost-effective Genetic Testing for Commercial Agricultural Applications". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (10/27/15). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience and Diatech Pharmacogenetics Announce Plan to Launch Actionable, Targeted CE-IVD Marked Oncology Assays for Colon, Lung, and Melanoma Treatment". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (9/1/15). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Opens Office in Shanghai, China". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (8/24/15). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Introduces Front-End Automation for Its MassARRAY System for Genetic Analysis". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (6/11/15). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience European Distributors Expand to KAWA.SKA and BioGen-Analytica". San Diego, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]