Document › Details
Illumina, Inc.. (12/15/11). "Press Release: Illumina Hires Laura Lauman as Vice President of Marketing. Lauman to Serve a Pivotal Role in Driving Dynamic and Innovative Global Marketing Strategies". San Diego, CA.
|Organisation||Illumina Inc. (Nasdaq: ILMN)|
|Organisation 2||AB Sciex LLC|
|Product 2||mass spectrometer|
|Person||Lauman, Laura (Illumina 201112– VP Marketing before Danaher 201002– President AB SCIEX before PerkinElmer + Waters)|
Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ: ILMN) today announced it has appointed Laura Lauman as Vice President of Marketing. In this executive management position, Lauman will lead Illumina's global marketing efforts.
"Lauman has a distinguished track record of success in building and driving growth in global, complex businesses and has significant general management experience in sales, marketing, R&D portfolio and P&L management positions at several premier life sciences companies," said Tristan B. Orpin, Senior Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer at Illumina. "She will be a key addition to the Commercial leadership team at Illumina and will drive innovative marketing strategies, create high-performance teams and contribute to the strength of the Company's industry-leading position."
Beginning her career as a Research Scientist at Harvard Medical School, Lauman has held numerous senior executive positions in the life sciences industry including President of AB SCIEX, currently an operating company of Danaher Corporation. In her 15 years at Life Technologies/Applied Biosystems, she was a Division President and General Manager of the Proteomics and Small Molecule Division where she was chartered with the strategic, operational and commercial leadership of the business. In addition to her general management role, she was also responsible for global marketing and corporate communications while at Applied Biosystems. Lauman also served in commercial and business leadership roles at both PerkinElmer and Waters Associates. Most recently, she ran her own consulting business, serving as a strategic advisor to senior executives in the life science and clean tech businesses. Lauman holds a bachelor's degree in biology from Boston College.
Lauman will assume the functional responsibilities of Omead Ostadan who has accepted a new executive leadership role within the Company, the details of which will be announced early next year.
About Lauman's Compensation
Illumina granted an option to purchase 67,500 shares of Illumina's common stock and 7,500 restricted stock units (RSUs) to Lauman as part of her inducement to join the company. An RSU represents a conditional right to receive one share of our common stock at a specified future date. The options and RSUs were approved by Illumina's compensation committee pursuant to NASDAQ Marketplace Rule 5635(c)(4) and will be granted under Illumina's New Hire Stock and Incentive Plan, which was approved by Illumina's Board of Directors on January 29, 2008. The options have the following terms: an exercise price equal to the closing fair market value of Illumina's common stock on the grant date, a ten-year term, and vesting over four years with 25 percent of the options vesting one year from the grant date and 1/48th of the options vesting monthly thereafter. The RSUs will vest over four years with 25 percent of the RSUs vesting on each of the first four anniversaries of the grant date. The grant date for the option and RSUs to Lauman was Dec. 12, 2011.
Illumina (http://www.illumina.com) is a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of life science tools and integrated systems for the analysis of genetic variation and function. We provide innovative sequencing and array-based solutions for genotyping, copy number variation analysis, methylation studies, gene expression profiling, and low-multiplex analysis of DNA, RNA, and protein. We also provide tools and services that are fueling advances in consumer genomics and diagnostics. Our technology and products accelerate genetic analysis research and its application, paving the way for molecular medicine and ultimately transforming healthcare.
Kevin Williams, MD
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Illumina (Group)
-  Illumina, Inc.. (8/10/16). "Press Release: Illumina and FlowJo, LLC Partner to Develop and Co-Market a Software Solution for Single Cell Genomics". San Diego, CA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (3/16/15). "Press Release: Sciex Announces OneOmics Collaborators – Advaita Bioinformatics, Researchers at Yale University and ISB". Framingham, MA....
-  Merck KGaA. (3/10/15). "Press Release: Merck Serono and Illumina Enter Strategic Collaboration for Diagnostics in Oncology". Darmstadt....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (11/18/14). "Press Release: bioMérieux and Illumina Enter Agreement to Co-Develop a Next-generation Sequencing Solution for Epidemiological Monitoring of Bacterial Infections". Marcy l’Étoile & San Diego, CA....
-  AB Sciex. (10/2/14). "Press Release: AB Sciex and Illumina Collaborate to Create World’s First Multi-omics Cloud-computing Environment. Integration of SWATH Apps with BaseSpace". Framingham, MA & San Diego, CA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (1/9/13). "Press Release: PerkinElmer and Verinata Health Announce Collaboration to Expand Access to Non-invasive Prenatal Test for Down Syndrome and other Chromosomal Abnormalities". Waltham, MA & Redwood City, CA....
-  Illumina, Inc.. (1/7/13). "Press Release: Illumina Strengthens Leadership Position in Reproductive Health with Agreement to Acquire Verinata Health, Inc.". San Diego, CA....
-  Illumina, Inc.. (9/23/09). "Press Release: Life Technologies Initiates Suit against Illumina Alleging Patent Infringement". San Diego, CA....
-  GenoLogics Life Sciences Software Inc.. (11/15/06). "Press Release: University of Leuven Selects GenoLogics Solution for Lab and Data Management. Belgium’s Katholieke Universiteit Leuven ProMeta Interfaculty Centre for Proteomics and Metabolomics Chooses...
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (5/23/06). "Press Release: GenoLogics Partners with GeneBio to Enhance Proteomics Lab and Data Management Capabilities for Life Science Researchers". Geneva & Victoria, BC....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]