Document › Details
ImaBiotech S.A.S.. (6/13/16). "Press Release: Mass Spectrometry Imaging (MSI) Award 2016". Lille.
|Region||San Antonio, TX|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation 2||University of Montreal (Université de Montréal, UdeM)|
|Product||mass spectrometry imaging (MSI) (MALDI imaging)|
|Product 2||ASMS 2016 San Antonio|
|Person||Kertesz, Vilmos (United States (govt) 201601 at Oak Ridge National Laboratory)|
|Person 2||Stauber, Jonathan (ImaBiotech 201206 CEO)|
ImaBiotech has awarded the MSI Award to John Cahill, Ph.D
The award ceremony was held at the Imaging MS: Present and Future of Multimodal Studies workshop at the ASMS Congress on Wednesday, June 8 in San Antonio, Texas in the presence of Vilmos Kertesz, (Oak Ridge National Laboratory, a Department of Energy facility) and Raf Van de Plas (Delft, University of Technology), coordinators of the Imaging MS Interest Group.
The panel of judges was chaired by ImaBiotech’s CEO, Jonathan Stauber, and composed of three distinguished individuals within the MSI’s community:
- Pierre Chaurand, Associate Professor at the University of Montreal (Montreal, Canada)
- Richard Drake, Smartstate Endowed Chair in Proteomics at Medical University of South Carolina (South Carolina, USA)
- Sheerin Shahidi-Latham, Scientist and Metabolomics/Imaging MS Group Leader at Genentech (California, USA)
ImaBiotech and the review committee would like to thank all of the participants for their entries and hard work. “It was a pleasure to read more than thirty applications, which made it challenging for the panel of judges to ultimately select the winner for the 2016 MSI Award,” commented Jonathan Stauber during the award ceremony. John Cahill PhD, the 2016 MSI Award winner, made great developments within the Van Berkel group, showing great development of micro-sampling methods allowing quantitative and micron resolution imaging technique. In 2014, John Cahill received his PhD in Analytical Chemistry at the University of California San Diego with Professor Kimberly Prather. Between 2009 and 2014 John Cahill has developed new techniques in aerosol time-of-flight mass spectrometry (ATOFMS) to explore atmospheric processes, material synthesis, and biological cell characterization. Since 2014, John Cahill is a Postdoctoral Research Associate at Oak Ridge National Laboratory in Gary J. Van Berkel’s department. John Cahill has developed and applied new techniques in ambient laser ablation followed by secondary ionization for use in Mass Spectrometry Imaging. Since 2011, he has written more than 17 publications in the field of MSI.
ImaBiotech has developed this award three years ago in order to promote innovation in the field of Mass Spectrometry Imaging. The MSI Award recipient is awarded $5,000 for the best innovative project using MS imaging techniques (development and applications with every MS Imaging techniques such as SIMS, DESI, LAESI, MALDI…).
ImaBiotech is a contract research organization (CRO) that offers services in mass spectrometry imaging (MSI); along with developing and implementing new imaging technologies, such as Quantinetix™ and Multimaging™. The main facility is located in Europe (Lille, France), with an office in North America (Cambridge, MA) and a distributor in Asia (Tokyo, Japan). In order to accelerate drug development, ImaBiotech offers Mass Spectrometry Services, such as MALDI high resolution mass spectrometry imaging to provide a cost effective solution to preclinical and clinical studies. This molecular technique is used both qualitatively and quantitatively for understanding the efficacy and toxicity of drug candidates.
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: +33 (0) 320 164 091
Record changed: 2016-06-26
More documents for ImaBiotech (Group)
-  ImaBiotech S.A.S.. (4/14/16). "Press Release: ImaBiotech Signs License Agreement with Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory". Lille & Berkeley, CA....
-  ImaBiotech S.A.S.. (3/29/16). "Press Release: ImaBiotech’s First Worldwide Patent Has Been Granted for Its Quantification Innovation in MSI". Lille....
-  ImaBiotech S.A.S.. (3/16). "Press Release: Imabiotech Obtain 6M€ for a New European Project in Partnership with Lille I University and Cubic Pharmaceuticals"....
-  ImaBiotech S.A.S.. (12/1/15). "Press Release: ImaBiotech’s Multimaging Technology Chosen by Dermira for Its Skin Disposition Study". Lille....
-  ImaBiotech S.A.S.. (11/10/15). "Press Release: Galderma and ImaBiotech Develop a Long-term Alliance to Access Multimaging Services". Lille & Sophia Antipolis....
-  ImaBiotech S.A.S.. (5/15). "Press Release: ImaBiotech to Conduct Pilot Study with GSK to Assess ImaBiotech's Multimaging Technology". Lille....
-  ImaBiotech S.A.S.. (4/6/15). "Press Release: Iteos and ImaBiotech Awarded Grant for Tumor Microenvironment Characterization and Applications in Immuno-oncology". Gosselies & Loos....
-  ImaBiotech S.A.S.. (3/15). "Press Release: ImaBiotech Hires Stefan Linehan as North American Director". Cambridge, MA....
-  ImaBiotech S.A.S.. (7/10/13). "Press Release: Servier and ImaBiotech Collaboration for the Implementation of a MALDI Imaging Platform Using Quantinetix Software". Lille....
-  ImaBiotech S.A.S.. (6/10/13). "Press Release: Bruker and ImaBiotech Signed a Software Distribution Agreement to Promote and Distribute Quantinetix Software for Quantitative MALDI Imaging". Minneapolis, MN....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]