Document › Details
Intrinsic Bioprobes Inc.. (4/19/11). "Press Release: Intrinsic Bioprobes Launches Three New CLIA Approved Mass Spectrometry-based Tests for Proteins Implicated in Kidney Disease and Renal Failure". Tempe, AZ.
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Intrinsic Bioprobes Inc. (IBI)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||MSIA technology (mass spectrometric immunoassay)|
|Person||Nedelkov, Dobrin (Intrinsic Bioprobes 201007 CEO)|
Intrinsic Bioprobes Inc (“IBI”) today announced the launch of its first mass spectrometry-based protein assays for in-vitro diagnostic testing. The assays for beta-2-microglobulin, cystatin C, and retinol binding protein are performed on IBI’s MASSAY® platform at the CLIA-certified and College of American Pathology (CAP) accredited diagnostic laboratory of the Institute of Genomics Medicine, UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School.
“The assays are based on IBI’s proprietary Mass Spectrometric Immunoassay (MSIATM) technology that in addition to quantification, provides a unique insight into the structural heterogeneity of each protein biomarker”, says Dobrin Nedelkov, Ph.D., the CEO and Scientific Director of Intrinsic Bioprobes. The three target proteins - beta-2-microglobulin, cystatin C, and retinol binding protein - are FDA approved clinical markers for in-vitro diagnosis of kidney disease and renal failure. However, all three proteins exhibit structural microheterogeneity that gives rise to protein variants that are not detected by conventional tests. “With these new assays, clinical studies can be initiated to delineate the importance of structural variants in the onset and progression of disease”, adds Nedelkov. “We are pleased that we can offer the quality and reproducibility of centralized testing and certify that the assays are performed to the rigorous standards established by CLIA.”
“We are excited to perform these assays at our molecular diagnostics laboratory” says Peter Tolias, Ph.D., Professor and Executive Director of the Institute for Genomics Medicine (“IGM”). The Institute is dedicated to biomarker discovery and the clinical evaluation of biomarkers and operates research, development as well as CLIA-certified CAP-accredited clinical diagnostic testing laboratories. “We have substantial access to patients through our affiliated hospitals and clinics and are interested in undertaking a clinical trial to evaluate structural heterogeneity within these three clinical markers in patients with renal dysfunction”, adds Tolias.
Intrinsic Bioprobes Inc. (IBI), located in Tempe, AZ, performs unbiased discovery, verification and population studies on full-length proteins, and discovers and defines microheterogeneity in diseaseassociated biomarker proteins within healthy and disease populations. IBI’s principal focus is the development and application of clinical and diagnostic assays and platforms for rapid and sensitive protein biomarker analysis for early detection and efficient treatment of critical human diseases. IBI’s advanced technologies are patented and proprietary process platforms and approaches for proteomic and other research and clinical applications that generally leverage advanced mass spectrometry technology. These approaches include IBI’s MASSAY® technology system, its Mass Spectrometric Immunoassay (MSIA™) technology and its Bioreactive Probes (BRP™). The Company has developed a deep and growing base of intellectual property in its field, consisting of 19 issued patents and numerous pending patent applications.
For more information about Intrinsic Bioprobes Inc., please visit http://www.intrinsicbio.com.
Contact: Dobrin Nedelkov
Intrinsic Bioprobes Inc.
Tel. (480) 804-1778
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]