Document › Details
Intrinsic Bioprobes Inc.. (3/31/09). "Press Release: Intrinsic Bioprobes Inc. Enters into a $1.27M Contract with the National Cancer Institute to Develop Multiplex Mass Spectrometric Immunoassays for Detection of Low Abundance Cancer Related Proteins". T
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Intrinsic Bioprobes Inc. (IBI)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||National Cancer Institute (NCI) (US)|
|Group||United States (govt)|
|Product||MSIA technology (mass spectrometric immunoassay)|
|Product 2||proteomic marker (diagnostics)|
|Person||Nedelkov, Dobrin (Intrinsic Bioprobes 201007 CEO)|
Intrinsic Bioprobes Inc. today announced the start of a contract with the National Cancer Institute to develop effective technologies for accurate measurement of cancer related proteins and peptides that improve diagnostic capabilities by effectively discerning diseased from non-diseased states. The total cost of the two and a half years contract is $1,276,360, out of which $1,130,272 is Federal money provided by the NCI, and $146,088 is the contractor’s share provided by Intrinsic Bioprobes Inc. This contract is in support of NCI’s Clinical Proteomic Technologies for Cancer initiative to assess and apply proteomic technologies and data resources to solve critical problems in cancer research (http://proteomics.cancer.gov).
“The purpose of this contract is to stimulate the development of multiplex mass spectrometric immunoassay for the detection of low abundance cancer related proteins/peptides from bodily fluids” says Dobrin Nedelkov, Ph.D., the Scientific Director of Intrinsic Bioprobes. “The application of proteomics tools in clinical setting lags far behind their use in basic science and drug discovery. The multiplex mass spectrometric immunoassays will bridge that gap because they are highly specific and selective, have ultra-sensitive detection capabilities and broad dynamic range, and require limited sample preparation. The mass spectrometric aspect of the assays also enables singlestep detection of protein isoforms and their individual quantification, which is an important protein diversity aspect regularly overlooked in contemporary proteomics approaches”, adds Nedelkov.
Intrinsic Bioprobes Inc. is a privately held Biotechnology Company focused on developing mass spectrometry-based assays and platforms for rapid and sensitive protein biomarker analysis. The company's proprietary technologies consist of Mass Spectrometric Immunoassay (MSIATM), a high-performance immunoassay combining micro-scale immunoaffinity capture and mass spectrometry for high throughput analysis of proteins from complex biological matrices, and Bioreactive Mass Spectrometer Probes (BRPTM), devices for rapid, sensitive and accurate protein haracterization.
These root technologies are incorporated into the MASSAYTM System, a high throughput mass spectrometry platform for rapid proteome analysis. For more information about Intrinsic Bioprobes Inc., please visit http://www.intrinsicbio.com.
Contact: Intrinsic Bioprobes Inc.
Tel. (480) 804-1778
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]