Document › Details
Ionicon Analytik GmbH. (2/24/16). "Press Release: Ionicon Presents the New PTR-TOF 1000 Ultra Trace Gas Analyzer".
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Ionicon Analytik GmbH|
|Organisation 2||Pittcon (The Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy Inc.)|
|Product||PTR-TOF 1000 ultra trace gas analyzer|
|Product 2||Ion-Booster funnel technology (Ionicon)|
|Person||Märk, Lukas (Ionicon 201106– CEO before Marketing + Sales joined 2005)|
Up to 10x more sensitivity thanks to the revolutionary new ION-BOOSTER funnel technology.
The PTR-TOF 1000 ultra is the new benchmark for ultra-sensitive volatile organic compound (VOC) analysis in real-time. Integrated in an affordable, small and light PTR-TOFMS instrument.
PTR-MS is known for its unmatched capability to detect ultra-low concentrations of VOCs in air or gas in real-time. Now IONICON experts take the sensitivity of PTR-MS to the next level, introducing the ION-BOOSTER funnel technology. An ion funnel is an array of ring electrodes with decreasing orifice sizes. A RF-voltage is applied that focuses the ions through the lenses. Compared to traditional transfer lens systems, our funnel greatly improves ion transmission leading to a much higher sensitivity.
PTR-TOF 1000 ultra
In 2014 the launch of the PTR-TOF 1000 was a milestone. Being IONICON’s first PTR-TOFMS instrument featuring all advantages of a time of flight mass spectrometer, but with the lower price tag of a quadrupole based PTR-MS. Driven by the market success of this instrument, the IONICON engineers created an instrument that provides an up 10x higher sensitivity: the PTR-TOF 1000 ultra. Based on the same platform it is still IONICON’s smallest, lightest and most affordable ultra-sensitive PTR-TOFMS trace gas analyzer.
Upgrades for existing systems
For IONICON, customer satisfaction and a sustainable, reliable product development process is key. “We make sure that new technologies become available also for our existing customer base. New products should not automatically outdate existing instruments and therefore we offer upgrades for selected IONICON instruments”, IONICON CEO Lukas Märk comments on the company’s technology evolution strategy. And he adds, “Get in touch with IONICON to evaluate you instruments’ upgrade potential!” For selected IONICON instruments upgrades to the ION-BOOSTER funnel technology will become available. Currently upgrade packages are being conceived for the PTR-TOF 1000/2000/8000 series.
Visit IONICON’s booth at PITTCON and Analytica, the international launch events of the PTR-TOF 1000 ultra, to learn more:
Pittcon, Atlanta, 7. – 10. March, booth # 1628
Analytica, Munich, 10. – 13. May, booth # A2.113
IONICON is the world’s leading manufacturer of real-time trace gas analyzers for low concentrated volatile organic compounds (VOCs) monitoring, based on the unique Proton Transfer Reaction – Mass Spectrometry (PTR-MS) technology, since 1998.
The scientific main application areas include atmospheric chemistry, environmental research, exhaust analysis, food and flavor science, illicit substances detection and breath analysis.
In addition to laboratory instruments, IONICON also produces specialized VOC monitoring systems for industrial applications such as the semiconductor industry or for field deployment. A strong technical background allows the company to build its own time-of-flight mass spectrometers, sampling and calibration systems for its analyzers, fast gas-chromatography and auto-sampling modules incl. various multiplexing set-ups. IONICON hosts an application lab at its headquarters in Innsbruck, Austria offering analytical services to its customers, from initial sample tests to long-term studies.
Learn more about IONICON here.
Download a high-resolution product picture of the PTR-TOF 1000 ultra. Credit: © IONICON Analytik GmbH
IONICON Analytik GmbH
Lukas Märk, CEO
Eduard-Bodem-Gasse 3, 6020 Innsbruck
Tel: +43 512 214 800
Web: www.ionicon.com - blog.ionicon.com
Record changed: 2016-03-22
More documents for Ionicon (Group)
-  Ionicon Analytik GmbH. (11/29/16). "Press Release: Ionicon Launches New High-resolution PTR-TOF 4000 Trace Gas Analyzer". Innsbruck....
-  Ionicon Analytik GmbH. (10/7/16). "Press Release: Ionicon Celebrates Historic Milestone. 300 PTR-MS Instruments Sold". Innsbruck....
-  Ionicon Analytik GmbH. (6/20/16). "Press Release: NASA Campaign KORUS-AQ. Ionicon PTR-TOF to Monitor VOCs above Korea". Innsbruck....
-  Ionicon Analytik GmbH. (4/22/16). "Press Release: Ionicon Launches Autosampler for High Throughput PTR-MS Measurements". Innsbruck....
-  Ionicon Analytik GmbH. (1/23/15). "Press Release: New Additions to Ionicon Trace Gas Analyzer Series to be Showcased at Pittcon 2015. A Fast GC Add-on for PTR-TOFMS Trace Gas Analyzers and the New PTR-QiTOF Are Now Available". Innsbruck....
-  Ionicon Analytik GmbH. (12/4/14). "Press Release: Fast GC Add-on for Ionicon PTR-TOF Instruments. Gas Chromatographic Separation Now Combined with Real-time Trace Gas Analysis". Innsbruck....
-  Ionicon Analytik GmbH. (6/4/14). "Press Release: Ionicon Launches the New Ultra-sensitive PTR-QiTOF Trace VOC Analyzer". Innsbruck....
-  Ionicon Analytik GmbH. (2/18/14). "Press Release: Ionicon Launches the New Super-fast PTR-TOF 1000 Trace Gas Analyzer". Innsbruck....
-  Ionicon Analytik GmbH. (1/21/14). "Press Release: Ionicon PTR-MS (Proton Transfer Reaction – Mass Spectrometry) System Monitors GMP Biotech Processes". Innsbruck....
-  Ionicon Analytik GmbH. (10/09/13). "Press Release: PTR-TOF Technology Contributes to CLOUD Experiment at CERN. Scientists Publish New Results Concerning Cloud Formulation in »Nature«". Innsbruck....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]