Document › Details
IonSense, Inc.. (6/3/11). "Press Release: IonSense Introduces the ID Cube Source – to Be Presented at the American Society for Mass Spectrometry Annual Conference. Features OpenSpot Sample Card for Near-Instantaneous Analysis of Liquids and Solids". Saug
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation 2||ASMS (American Society for Mass Spectrometry)|
|Product 2||mass spectrometry (MS)|
|Person||Musselman, Brian (IonSense 201010 CEO)|
IonSense, Inc. today introduced the ID CUBE Source with OpenSpot Sample Card to speed the analysis of new materials being created by synthetic and medicinal chemists in universities and in pharmaceutical companies. The easy sample preparation and near-instantaneous analysis of this open-access platform allows chemists to directly analyze their own samples and obtain immediate feedback on the results of their synthesis. The product will be presented at the upcoming ASMS Conference in Denver, CO June 6th through 9th.
The sample is placed onto the metal screen of the OpenSpot Sample Card, which slides into the ID CUBE. The screen is quickly heated by electrical current, and the sample ionized by the flow of ionizing gas from IonSense's proprietary direct analysis in real time or DART® technology. The ions are detected by a mass spectrometer. In a few seconds the chemist obtains results that can confirm the identity of their synthesis products without waiting for time consuming LC/MS separations. The device requires little training, produces no solvent waste, and yields the easily-interpretable DART mass spectrum.
The ID CUBE is designed to reduce sample backlog and time delays that synthetic chemists face by providing the means to analyze samples in the reaction solvent. "Enabling rapid analysis of samples in solvents that are not LC friendly was one of our goals for this source," according to Brian Musselman, IonSense President and CEO. "We have improved the utility of our DART technology by enabling a process that vaporizes and ionizes either liquid or solid samples in less than 10 seconds, providing labs managers a unique tool for supporting their clients." The business card format of the OpenSpot Sample Card simplifies transportation of samples between synthesis and analytical labs, reducing the need for test tubes, vials and other containers while facilitating bar code tracking.
The company will also host its annual DART Forum on Tuesday morning, June 7 at 7AM in the Colorado Convention Center. Industry experts and academic leaders will present results from a diverse range of applications including counterfeit drug screening, metabolomics, homeland security, and adulterated food products. Registration and the agenda can be seen at www.ionsense.eventbrite.com.
Additionally at the Conference, presentations from numerous organizations will demonstrate the application of DART mass spectrometry to problems in many areas such as:
Rapid screening of drugs adulterated in herbal dietary supplements
Metabolomic profiling of human serum
Determination of pesticides on fruits and vegetables
Unintentional transfer of food contact materials
Detection of drugs in urine
Dual use military/civilian wear sensors
Analysis of switchgrass biomass
Sugar quantitation for biofuels production
Determination of ginsenosides in ginseng roots
IonSense will also present the new ID CUBE Source with OpenSpot Sample Card at the Exhibition being held during the conference. The company will be exhibiting at Booth number 133.
About IonSense, Inc.
IonSense, Inc. (www.ionsense.com) provides open-air mass spectrometry solutions to the fields of food safety, forensics, drug development, and chemical analysis. They manufacture and develop direct analysis in real time (DART®) technology licensed from JEOL USA, Inc. and atmospheric solids analysis probe (ASAP™) licensed from M&M Consulting. The company provides sources and accessories for JEOL, Thermo, Agilent, AB SCIEX, Bruker, and Waters mass spectrometers. IonSense products including DART and ASAP technologies are distributed in Europe by KR Analytical Ltd, in China by ASPEC Technologies, in Japan by AMR Inc., in India by Orochem India, and in Korea by Omics Biotech.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for IonSense Inc.
-  IonSense, Inc.. (11/4/13). "Press Release: IonSense, Inc. Presenting Direct Analysis in Real Time (DART) Mass Spectrometry at the 6th International Symposium on Recent Advances in Food Analysis (RAFA)". Saugus, MA....
-  IonSense, Inc.. (6/5/13). "Press Release: IonSense and Cerno Bioscience Introduce Low Cost DART Mass Spectrometer with Accurate Mass Capability". Saugus, MA....
-  Photonis USA. (3/15/13). "Press Release: Photonis USA Introduces DART Ion Mobility Spectrometer. New Instrument Offers Simplified, Fast Analysis". Sturbridge, MA....
-  IonSense, Inc.. (3/13/13). "Press Release: IonSense Introduces the DART GSX System for the Agilent GC/MSD, First Commercial Ambient Ionization System for the Popular GC/MS Instrument". Saugus, MA....
-  IonSense, Inc.. (1/25/13). "Press Release: IonSense Awarded Massachusetts Workforce Training Grant. Adds New Sales Management". Saugus, MA....
-  IonSense, Inc.. (10/1/12). "Press Release: IonSense Introduces the OpenSpot Quick Strips for the DART OS Transmission Module, Providing Rapid Analysis in Food Safety and Product Qualtity". Saugus, MA....
-  IonSense, Inc.. (9/27/12). "Press Release: IonSense, Inc. Issued Two Patents on Direct Analysis in Real Time Mass Spectrometry. Introduces New Product at International Mass Spectrometry Conference, Kyoto, Japan". Saugus, MA....
-  Photonis Holding S.A.S.. (6/15/12). "Press Release: Photonis USA Selected as Development Partner by IonSense, Inc. Companies Will Co-develop Products to Jointly Advance DART-MS Technologies"....
-  IonSense, Inc.. (5/17/12). "Press Release: IonSense Presenting OpenSpot Mass Spectrometry at the American Society for Mass Spectrometry Annual Conference". Saugus, MA....
-  IonSense, Inc.. (3/6/12). "Press Release: IonSense Introduces the DART-OS Source. Expands Its OpenSpot Mass Spectrometry Product Line". Saugus, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]