Document › Details
IonSense, Inc.. (3/10/11). "Press Release: IonSense Introduces the DART XZ Transmission Module for Rapid Quantitation of Contaminants in Food Safety and Product Quality". Saugus, MA.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation 2||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||DART® XZ Transmission Module|
|Product 2||mass spectrometry (MS)|
|Person||Musselman, Brian (IonSense 201010 CEO)|
Fast and Accurate Determination of Chemicals and Contaminants using Direct Analysis in Real Time Mass Spectrometry. Displayed at Pittcon 2011 Booth #2735.
IonSense, Inc. today announced the availability of the DART® XZ Transmission Module for rapid identification and quantitation of components present in food products, dietary supplements, and chemicals. Available as a new Experiment Module for use with the DART-SVP open-air ionization source, which was introduced at Pittcon 2009, the XZ Transmission Module enables analysis in seconds per sample. When combined with the latest generation of mass spectrometers from Thermo, Agilent, Waters, Bruker and AB SCIEX, the system quickly identifies contaminants or economic adulterants, providing a critical tool for non-targeted screening.
In operation liquid samples or extracts are pipetted onto 96 discrete positions of the XZ Transmission Module consumable screen by using either manual pipetting or laboratory robotics, thus, allowing integration of the device into the laboratory workflow and informatics. Automated analyzes of the samples is completed by moving the screen into position between the front of the DART source and the inlet of the mass spectrometer under control of the SVP software. DART technology eliminates the need for chromatography, thus, simplifying sample prep and speeding analysis.
"We are very excited about the precision we have achieved in quantitative analysis by changing the orientation of the samples from off-axis to this in-line transmission format," says Brian Musselman, IonSense President and CEO. "In just a few seconds per measurement we are seeing quantitation precision of a few percent. In addition, leveraging the accurate mass of the analyzers provides near instantaneous identification and quantitation - a very big need for investigators trying to screen hundreds of incoming materials and food products."
DART-SVP Sources can be field upgraded with the XZ Transmission Module. The device complements the existing line-up of Experimental Modules designed for tablet analysis, determination of synthesis products directly from TLC plates, and chemicals in solutions such as milk, juice, and drinks. All of these accessories take advantage of the "No Sample Prep - Go Direct" speed of the DART technology.
The DART XZ Transmission Module will be exhibited in the JEOL Booth Number 2735 at the Pittcon Conference and Expo 2011 in Atlanta, GA from March 14-17, 2011.
About IonSense, Inc.
IonSense, Inc. (www.ionsense.com) is a Massachusetts-based company providing open-air mass spectrometry solutions to the fields of food safety, forensics, drug development, and chemical analysis. They manufacture and develop direct analysis in real time (DART®) technology licensed from JEOL USA, Inc. and atmospheric solids analysis probe (ASAP tm) licensed from M&M Consulting. The company provides sources and accessories for JEOL, Thermo, Agilent, AB SCIEX, Bruker, and Waters mass spectrometers. IonSense products including DART and ASAP technologies are distributed in Europe by KR Analytical Ltd, in China by ASPEC Technologies, in Japan by AMR Inc., in India by Orochem India, and in Korea by Omics Biotech.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for IonSense Inc.
-  IonSense, Inc.. (11/4/13). "Press Release: IonSense, Inc. Presenting Direct Analysis in Real Time (DART) Mass Spectrometry at the 6th International Symposium on Recent Advances in Food Analysis (RAFA)". Saugus, MA....
-  IonSense, Inc.. (6/5/13). "Press Release: IonSense and Cerno Bioscience Introduce Low Cost DART Mass Spectrometer with Accurate Mass Capability". Saugus, MA....
-  Photonis USA. (3/15/13). "Press Release: Photonis USA Introduces DART Ion Mobility Spectrometer. New Instrument Offers Simplified, Fast Analysis". Sturbridge, MA....
-  IonSense, Inc.. (3/13/13). "Press Release: IonSense Introduces the DART GSX System for the Agilent GC/MSD, First Commercial Ambient Ionization System for the Popular GC/MS Instrument". Saugus, MA....
-  IonSense, Inc.. (1/25/13). "Press Release: IonSense Awarded Massachusetts Workforce Training Grant. Adds New Sales Management". Saugus, MA....
-  IonSense, Inc.. (10/1/12). "Press Release: IonSense Introduces the OpenSpot Quick Strips for the DART OS Transmission Module, Providing Rapid Analysis in Food Safety and Product Qualtity". Saugus, MA....
-  IonSense, Inc.. (9/27/12). "Press Release: IonSense, Inc. Issued Two Patents on Direct Analysis in Real Time Mass Spectrometry. Introduces New Product at International Mass Spectrometry Conference, Kyoto, Japan". Saugus, MA....
-  Photonis Holding S.A.S.. (6/15/12). "Press Release: Photonis USA Selected as Development Partner by IonSense, Inc. Companies Will Co-develop Products to Jointly Advance DART-MS Technologies"....
-  IonSense, Inc.. (5/17/12). "Press Release: IonSense Presenting OpenSpot Mass Spectrometry at the American Society for Mass Spectrometry Annual Conference". Saugus, MA....
-  IonSense, Inc.. (3/6/12). "Press Release: IonSense Introduces the DART-OS Source. Expands Its OpenSpot Mass Spectrometry Product Line". Saugus, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]