Document › Details
Bruker Daltonics. (01/14/09). "Press Release: Bruker Daltonics Announces Order for 51 Mass Spectrometers". Billerica, MA & Yokohama, Japan.
The Japanese National Police Agency has Selected Bruker's micrOTOF(TM)-II ESI-TOF Mass Spectrometers for Exact Mass Analysis at its Forensic Laboratories
Bruker Daltonics announced today that it has signed a contract with the Japanese National Police Agency (NPA) for the supply of 51 units of its state-of-the-art ESI-TOF system, micrOTOF-II focus. The contract with a value of more than $12 million USD includes micrOTOF-II systems to be installed in each of the NPA's Prefecture forensic laboratories, as well as HPLC and CE systems, providing a complete analysis package.
Mr. Yasuhiko Maekawa, National Sales Manager at Bruker Daltonics Japan, explained: "These forensic toxicology and residue analysis systems will be delivered in March 2009, and teams of Bruker Daltonics application scientists and engineers from Japan and Asia-Pacific will then provide installations and extensive training to the NPA scientists."
The micrOTOF-II system offers powerful exact mass measurements in an easy-to-use bench-top package, featuring excellent mass resolution and accuracy in combination with Bruker's SigmaFit(TM) method for molecular formula determination. Combined with Bruker's unique TargetAnalysis(TM) software, the system delivers multi-target compound screening in complex matrices, providing high specificity and on-the-fly identification.
Mr. Clive Seymour, Executive Vice President of Bruker Daltonics, commented: "This analytical solution allows the screening of hundreds of compounds from a single sample HPLC- or CE-TOF run with a confidence level and reproducibility unsurpassed by any comparable system. This workflow saves significant time when running multi-target applications such as drugs/metabolites in urine, food safety analysis, forensic toxicology or environmental testing."
Application-specific accurate mass libraries can be automatically created and Bruker's unique hrEIC(TM) (high-resolution extracted ion chromatogram) technique, with stable specificity down to EICs with +/- 0.002 Da, dramatically reduces chemical background interference and greatly improves specificity. The micrOTOF-II offers mass resolution greater than 16,500 and mass accuracy of better than 2 ppm with internal calibration - without sacrificing sensitivity.
For more information about Bruker Daltonics and Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR), please visit www.bdal.com and www.bruker.com.
Stacey Desrochers, +1-978-663-3660, ext. 1115
Bruker Director of Investor Relations
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]