Document › Details
JEOL USA, Inc.. (10/20/11). "Press Release: JEOL Chemist Receives Prestigious Anachem Award". Peabody, MA.
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||JEOL USA Inc.|
|Organisation 2||Nicolet Instrument Corporation|
|Today||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Madison|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||DART™ ion source (Direct Analysis in Real Time ion source)|
|Product 2||mass spectrometry (MS)|
|Person||Cody, Robert B. (Chip) (JEOL 201006 Product Manager)|
|Person 2||Corkum, Patricia (JEOL 200903 Marketing Manager JEOL USA)|
JEOL USA Mass Spectrometry Product Manager, Dr. Robert (Chip) Cody, has received the prestigious Anachem Award, given by the Association of Analytical Chemistry for his contributions to the development of organic mass spectrometry.
The award was presented at the Federation of Analytical Chemical and Spectroscopy Societies (FACSS) meeting in Las Vegas, Nevada, where Dr. Cody gave a plenary lecture entitled Massive Changes: Not just your grandma's mass spectrometer any more, an historical talk, on Monday, October 3. He was honored during a special session by five speakers who presented on mass spectrometry topics relevant to his work.
Through his inventions and his efforts to commercialize them, Dr. Cody has provided the scientific community with new tools to more precisely and efficiently characterize a broad range of materials. Examples include: laser ablation and desorption, the DART (Direct Analysis in Real Time) ion source, trapped-ion MS/MS techniques and other creative combinations of chromatography, ionization sources, and mass analyzers. He has also contributed to the advancement of analytical chemistry through his service to professional scientific organizations and through his mass spectrometry courses.
Dr. Cody has worked at JEOL USA since 1989. Upon completion of his Ph.D. at Purdue University in Indiana, he joined Nicolet Instruments in Madison, Wisconsin in 1982. He received his Bachelor's Degree from Roanoke College in Salem, Virginia in 1976.
The Anachem Award was established in 1953 and is presented annually to an outstanding analytical chemist. Only a few recipients other than Dr. Cody have been from an instrument company.
For further details: facss.org/contentmgr/showdetails.php/id/299
# # #
JEOL USA, Inc.
JEOL is a world leader in electron optical equipment and instrumentation for high-end scientific and industrial research and development. Core product groups include electron microscopes (SEMs and TEMs), instruments for the semiconductor industry (electron beam lithography and a series of defect review and inspection tools), and analytical instruments including mass spectrometers, NMRs and ESRs.
JEOL USA, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of JEOL, Ltd., Japan, was incorporated in the United States in 1962. The company has 13 regional service centers that offer unlimited emergency service and support in the U.S.
For more information about JEOL USA, Inc. or any JEOL products, visit www.jeolusa.com, or call 978-535-5900.
Patricia Corkum, Marketing Manager
978-536-2273 o firstname.lastname@example.org o www.jeolusa.com
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for JEOL (Group)
-  JEOL Ltd.. (9/7/16). "Press Release: Release of the New Scanning Electron Microscope JSM-IT300HR InTouchScope"....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (6/2/16). "Press Release: JEOL Highlights New Analytical Technologies at ASMS 2016". Peabody, MA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: Big Picture Plus Analysis from a Small, Compact, and Versatile Benchtop SEM – the JSM-6000PLUS NeoScope from JEOL". Atlanta, GA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: JEOL Demonstrates New Analytical Technology at Pittcon 2016". Atlanta, GA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: JEOL Debuts InfiTOF Multi-Turn Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometer for Real-time Gas Analysis". Atlanta, GA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: New PhotoIonization (PI) Source and a new Application for JEOL’s Fourth-Generation AccuTOF-GCX High-Resolution GC/Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometer". Atlanta, GA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: Powerful Problem-solving Mass Spectrometer Demonstrations at Pittcon 2016 – JEOL AccuTOF-DART 4G". Atlanta, GA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: JEOL Tungsten SEM with Smart Analytical Port Geometry Demonstrated at Pittcon 2016". Atlanta, GA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (2/22/16). "Press Release: Researchers First to Prove ZIKA Virus Associated with Microcephaly Used JEOL Transmission Electron Microscopes (TEM) for Imaging Brain Sections"....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (2/3/16). "Press Release: New JEOL »F2« Versatile S/TEM Offers Advanced Analytical Features". Peabody, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]