Document › Details
JEOL USA, Inc.. (2/18/10). "Press Release: First JEOL JEM-ARM200F Electron Microscope Produces Atomic Resolution Data in Record Time at University of San Antonio". Peabody, MA.
|Region||San Antonio, TX|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||University of Texas at San Antonio|
|Group||University of Texas System|
|Organisation 2||JEOL USA Inc.|
|Product||JEM-ARM200F transmission electron microscope|
The first transmission electron microscope of its caliber to be installed, the eagerly awaited atomic resolution JEOL JEM-ARM200F TEM arrived at the University of Texas at San Antonio in January, and by early February began producing outstanding imaging results.
"Achieving raw HAADF images showing at least 78 picometer information transfer in just three weeks demonstrates the stability of this all-new instrument and the skill of the UTSA-JEOL team to quickly power up the first TEM of its kind," said Dr. Thomas Isabell, JEOL USA Director of the TEM Product Division.
UTSA physics and astronomy department chair Dr. Miguel Yacaman, a renowned electron microscopist and nanotechnology researcher, tested the new ARM200F performance on Si <110> samples as the JEOL engineering, service and applications team worked closely together to install the TEM in UTSA's Advanced Microscopy Lab.
"At the level of this new microscope, the potential for new discoveries is enormous," says Yacaman, who likened the capabilities of the JEOL ARM200F for sub-atomic research to those of the Hubble telescope for intergalactic exploration.
The ARM200F represents more than 60 years of TEM expertise at JEOL and was designed from the ground up to integrate aberration correction into a super-shielded electron column that safeguards the ultrahigh-powered optics from environmental interferences.
"This first installation of the ARM200F demonstrates that JEOL is out in front in the development of stable, ultra-quality instruments and showcases just what our service and applications teams are capable of." said Isabell.
The JEM-ARM200F enables both atom-by-atom imaging resolution and unmatched spatial resolution for atom-to-atom chemical mapping of materials, including EDS (energy-dispersive x-ray spectroscopy) and EELS (electron energy-loss spectroscopy). The completely new electron column design integrates S/TEM with Cs correction for atomic spatial energy resolution combined with high probe currents for microanalysis.
# # #
JEOL USA, Inc.
JEOL is a world leader in electron optical equipment and instrumentation for high-end scientific and industrial research and development. Core product groups include electron microscopes (SEMs and TEMs), instruments for the semiconductor industry (electron beam lithography and a series of defect review and inspection tools), and analytical instruments including mass spectrometers, NMRs and ESRs.
JEOL USA, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of JEOL, Ltd., Japan, was incorporated in the United States in 1962. The company has 13 regional service centers that offer unlimited emergency service and support in the U.S.
For more information about JEOL USA, Inc. or any JEOL products, visit www.jeolusa.com, or call 978-535-5900.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for University of Texas System
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (10/9/15). "Press Release: BioFire Diagnostics Receives a De Novo Clearance by the FDA for the FilmArray Meningitis/Encephalitis Panel Continuing Its Extremely Favorable Business Momentum". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  Tefferi, Ayalew, et al.. (7/23/15). “In Support of a Patient-Driven Initiative and Petition to Lower the High Price of Cancer Drugs [online version]”. Mayo Clinic Proceedings, , pp. ....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (3/18/15). "Press Release: Study Shows Quantose IR Measures Insulin Sensitivity Better Than A1C Test for Prediabetes". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/18/15). "Press Release: Daniel K. Podolsky, M.D., of University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, to Join Agilent Technologies Board of Directors". Santa Clara, CA....
-  From »The Analytical Scientist« (Issue 24, January 2015). (1/15). "Free Spirit. Sitting Down With Purnendu (Sandy) Dasgupta, Jenkins Garrett Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Texas at Arlington, USA."....
-  Premier Biosoft International. (1/16/15). "Press Release: Dr. John Wiktorowicz Brings in Rich experience in Protein Biochemistry as Premier Biosoft Expands Its Mass Spectrometry Portfolio". Palo Alto, CA....
-  From »The Analytical Scientist« (Issue 18, July 2014). (7/14). "Living on the Endless Frontier. Sitting Down With Daniel Armstrong, Robert A. Welch Chair in Chemistry, University of Texas at Arlington, TX, USA"....
-  University of Texas at Arlington. (10/9/13). "Press Release: Shimadzu Instrumentation Worth Millions Fuels Transformative Year for UT Arlington Research"....
-  Williams, Jasmine (The Shorthorn). (4/5/13). "News: Director Seeks University-wide Research Opportunities. Joe Barrera Was Appointed the First Director of the New Shimadzu Research Institute for Research Technologies"....
-  University of Texas at Arlington. (3/28/13). "Press Release: UT Arlington’s New Shimadzu Institute Names Director"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]