Document › Details
JEOL USA, Inc.. (3/9/15). "Press Release: JEOL Celebrates 10 Year Anniversary of Direct Analysis in Real Time and Introduces New AccuTOF-DART 4G". New Orleans, LA.
|Region||New Orleans, LA|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||JEOL USA Inc.|
|Organisation 2||Pittcon (The Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy Inc.)|
|Product||AccuTOF™ DART® mass spectrometer|
|Product 2||DART™ ion source (Direct Analysis in Real Time ion source)|
|Person||Cody, Robert B. (Chip) (JEOL 201006 Product Manager)|
|Person 2||Corkum, Patricia (JEOL 200903 Marketing Manager JEOL USA)|
JEOL is proud to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the introduction of the enormously popular AccuTOF-DART® ambient ionization mass spectrometer by introducing the new AccuTOF-DART®4G at Pittcon 2015, with new performance capabilities including enhanced resolution, speed, and accuracy in a rugged, flexible, versatile design. The AccuTOF-DART 4G couples the facile operation of the DART (Direct Analysis in Real Time) ion source with the high-resolution, accurate mass capability of the AccuTOF time-of-flight mass spectrometer. Not only can the user rapidly acquire data for mixtures and complete unknowns without sample carryover, but the resulting spectra yield unambiguous assignments, isotopic ratios and elemental compositions.
JEOL led the way with the first commercially available ambient ionization mass spectrometer, and continues with a leading role in the field. The DART® ion source won the Pittcon 2005 Editors' Gold Award for Best New Product when it was introduced that year. It's co-inventor, Dr. Robert (Chip) Cody of JEOL recently co-authored a textbook with Marek Domin of the Merket Chemistry Center, Boston College, examining the growth and impact of this revolutionary mass spectrometry technique. The ability to place almost anything in front of an ion source for instantaneous analysis has been "truly liberating," the editors say. The new book, Ambient Ionization Mass Spectrometry, is now available from the Royal Society of Chemistry.
Of the development of the DART, Dr. Cody recalls, "We now had a way to measure mass spectra in real time for liquids, solids, and gases sampled directly. After decades of dissolving and injecting samples into GC/MS and LC/MS systems or introducing materials into vacuum chambers, this was truly liberating! Now we could analyze almost anything instantaneously. We could not analyze everything directly, but the probability of getting useful information was high, and the amount of effort required to attempt the analysis was minimal. We began examining everything we could find, from foods and beverages to clothing and rubber tires, drugs and explosives."
Ambient ionization is a rapidly growing topic within mass spectrometry. To that end, Dr. Cody says, " We have attempted to offer a wide variety of innovative approaches to instrumentation and chemical analysis presented by the leaders in the field."
As the use of the AccuTOF-DART mass spectrometry technique has continued to expand among various fields of research and analysis, JEOL has documented over 200 published papers and has published its own series of applications notes available at www.jeolusa.com.
# # #
JEOL USA, Inc.
JEOL is a world leader in electron optical equipment and instrumentation for high-end scientific and industrial research and development. Core product groups include electron microscopes (SEMs and TEMs), instruments for the semiconductor industry (electron beam lithography and a series of defect review and inspection tools), and analytical instruments including mass spectrometers, NMRs and ESRs.
JEOL USA, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of JEOL, Ltd., Japan, was incorporated in the United States in 1962. The company has 13 regional service centers that offer unlimited emergency service and support in the U.S.
For more information about JEOL USA, Inc. or any JEOL products, visit www.jeolusa.com, or call 978-535-5900.
Patricia Corkum, Marketing Manager
978-536-2273 • email@example.com • www.jeolusa.com
Record changed: 2016-04-14
More documents for JEOL (Group)
-  JEOL Ltd.. (9/7/16). "Press Release: Release of the New Scanning Electron Microscope JSM-IT300HR InTouchScope"....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (6/2/16). "Press Release: JEOL Highlights New Analytical Technologies at ASMS 2016". Peabody, MA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: Big Picture Plus Analysis from a Small, Compact, and Versatile Benchtop SEM – the JSM-6000PLUS NeoScope from JEOL". Atlanta, GA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: JEOL Demonstrates New Analytical Technology at Pittcon 2016". Atlanta, GA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: JEOL Debuts InfiTOF Multi-Turn Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometer for Real-time Gas Analysis". Atlanta, GA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: New PhotoIonization (PI) Source and a new Application for JEOL’s Fourth-Generation AccuTOF-GCX High-Resolution GC/Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometer". Atlanta, GA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: Powerful Problem-solving Mass Spectrometer Demonstrations at Pittcon 2016 – JEOL AccuTOF-DART 4G". Atlanta, GA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: JEOL Tungsten SEM with Smart Analytical Port Geometry Demonstrated at Pittcon 2016". Atlanta, GA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (2/22/16). "Press Release: Researchers First to Prove ZIKA Virus Associated with Microcephaly Used JEOL Transmission Electron Microscopes (TEM) for Imaging Brain Sections"....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (2/3/16). "Press Release: New JEOL »F2« Versatile S/TEM Offers Advanced Analytical Features". Peabody, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]