Document › Details
JEOL USA, Inc.. (1/21/10). "Press Release: New DART SVP Source and iDART Automation Streamline JEOL AccuTOF-DART Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometer Performance". Peabody, MA.
JEOL's award-winning AccuTOF-DART™ mass spectrometer, featuring the new iPod touch-enabled DART SVP ion source, offers a new set of performance features for accurate mass measurements in real time using advanced time-of-flight technology.
JEOL introduced the Direct Analysis in Real Time (DART™) ion source in 2005 for its AccuTOF-LC mass spectrometer, expanding the system's capability with the first commercially-available open air analysis source that produced immediate, accurate mass spectra with little or no sample preparation.
The new generation of DART ion source, the DART SVP (simplified voltage and pressure), integrates sample automation with flexibility in set up and positioning of the sample for rapid, repeatable performance. A computer-controlled linear rail can be combined with a variety of sample holders - tweezers, a tablet holder, a plate holder, a tube holder, custom holders of all sorts - for precise and automated analysis of samples, TLC plates, and sample tips. Now featuring a wide selectable range of distances between the source and the atmospheric pressure interface (API), the AccuTOF-DART SVP allows for off-axis analyses of surfaces. Direct interfacing between the DART SVP source to the AccuTOF API prevents chemical interferences from altering the analytes prior to analysis. The DART SVP is a more rugged design than the first production series, is easier to operate, conserves gas and uses less energy, and enables the use of low cost nitrogen gas.
The AccuTOF-DART with iDART automation takes the guess work out of setup and sets voltage, gas, and pressure for the DART source and simplifies operation with a simple graphical user interface. Using the Apple iPod, the operator selects an ion polarity, temperature, and position for the sample. Once the source reaches the target temperature, the experiment automatically runs through to completion, or the researcher can monitor and change experimental conditions as desired. New users can view a video instruction manual on the iPod with sample experiments that can be replicated. The DART SVP is traditionally operated with a PC, and can be remotely controlled and monitored via a wireless or Ethernet connection.
The JEOL AccuTOF-DART SVP provides accurate mass measurements that can be used along with the isotopic information generated in the data to readily determine the elemental composition of unknown analytes. The system also features an Electrospray Ion Source (ESI) for LC-MS, and optional Atmospheric Pressure Chemical Ionization (APCI), nano-ESI, and micro-ESI sources.
# # #
JEOL USA, Inc.
JEOL is a world leader in electron optical equipment and instrumentation for high-end scientific and industrial research and development. Core product groups include electron microscopes (SEMs and TEMs), instruments for the semiconductor industry (electron beam lithography and a series of defect review and inspection tools), and analytical instruments including mass spectrometers, NMRs and ESRs.
JEOL USA, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of JEOL, Ltd., Japan, was incorporated in the United States in 1962. The company has 13 regional service centers that offer unlimited emergency service and support in the U.S.
For more information about JEOL USA, Inc. or any JEOL products, visit www.jeolusa.com, or call 978-535-5900.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for JEOL (Group)
-  JEOL Ltd.. (9/7/16). "Press Release: Release of the New Scanning Electron Microscope JSM-IT300HR InTouchScope"....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (6/2/16). "Press Release: JEOL Highlights New Analytical Technologies at ASMS 2016". Peabody, MA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: Big Picture Plus Analysis from a Small, Compact, and Versatile Benchtop SEM – the JSM-6000PLUS NeoScope from JEOL". Atlanta, GA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: JEOL Demonstrates New Analytical Technology at Pittcon 2016". Atlanta, GA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: JEOL Debuts InfiTOF Multi-Turn Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometer for Real-time Gas Analysis". Atlanta, GA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: New PhotoIonization (PI) Source and a new Application for JEOL’s Fourth-Generation AccuTOF-GCX High-Resolution GC/Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometer". Atlanta, GA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: Powerful Problem-solving Mass Spectrometer Demonstrations at Pittcon 2016 – JEOL AccuTOF-DART 4G". Atlanta, GA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: JEOL Tungsten SEM with Smart Analytical Port Geometry Demonstrated at Pittcon 2016". Atlanta, GA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (2/22/16). "Press Release: Researchers First to Prove ZIKA Virus Associated with Microcephaly Used JEOL Transmission Electron Microscopes (TEM) for Imaging Brain Sections"....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (2/3/16). "Press Release: New JEOL »F2« Versatile S/TEM Offers Advanced Analytical Features". Peabody, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]