Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (8/16/11). "Press Release: Korean NAQS to Utilize High-performance Bruker Triple-Quadrupole GC-MS Systems for Advanced Pesticide Analysis". Busan.
|Region||Korea, Republic of|
|Organisation||Bruker Daltonics (Group)|
|Today||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Korea, Republic of (govt)|
|Product||triple quadrupole mass spectrometer GC/MS system|
|Product 2||pesticide analysis|
|Person||D’Silva, Collin J. (Bruker 201004– President of newly formed Chemical Analysis Division before Transgenomic CEO)|
|Person 2||Asa, Darwin (HighRes Biosolutions 201511– Marketing Manager before Waters + Bruker Corp + ESA + Tecan)|
At the combined 2nd Asian & Oceanic Mass Spectrometry Conference (AOMSC) and the 8th Annual Meeting of the Korean Society for Mass Spectrometry (KSMS) in Busan, Korea, Bruker today announced that the Korean National Agricultural Products Quality Management Service (NAQS) has ordered 6 Bruker triple-quadrupole GC-MS systems for pesticide residue analysis and general monitoring of agricultural products.
With an Experimental Research Institute in Seoul and multiple branch offices throughout South Korea, NAQS has selected Bruker to install the triple-quadrupole GC-MS systems in each of its local laboratories for detection and monitoring of more than 220 pesticide residues in agricultural products. NAQS aims to develop enhanced food testing analytical approaches for Korean agriculture through the collection of informative statistical data for agricultural business, policy making and academic research. To do so most effectively, NAQS is currently upgrading its portfolio of analytical instrumentation and certification protocols to ensure that highest quality standards can be applied.
Accurate and reliable screening for the presence of pesticides in food is a major analytical challenge. The increasing number of pesticides poses special analytical challenges with several hundred different pesticides requiring identification and quantitation. Bruker has pioneered high-performance triple-quadrupole GC-MS systems for lower detection limits, higher specificity and greater reliability in gas chromatography mass spectrometry (GC-MS) food analysis. Recently, Bruker introduced the new SCION triple-quadrupole GC-MS as the new performance leader to accelerate the adoption of easy-to-use, affordable and robust triple-quadrupole technology as the new analytical gold standard for GC-MS. At KSMS/AOMSC in Busan, the novel SCION technology will be presented to the Korean and Asia Pacific scientific communities.
"Supporting the global food testing market with the most advanced analytical instruments is a major objective for Bruker," said Collin D'Silva, President of Bruker's Chemical & Applied Markets (CAM) division. "The decision by NAQS to utilize Bruker triple-quadrupole GC-MS systems will significantly enhance their analytical capabilities and help make a difference in ensuring a safe food supply."
For more information and accelerated knowledge-sharing in the global food testing community, please visit www.globalfoodtesting.com
For more information on GC, GC-MS and GC-MS/MS systems from Bruker, please visit: www.bdal.com/products/gc-ms
About Bruker Corporation
Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR) is a leading provider of high-performance scientific instruments and solutions for molecular and materials research, as well as for industrial, clinical and applied analysis. For more information, please visit www.bruker.com.
Darwin Asa, Ph.D.
Bruker Daltonics Marketing Manager
T:978-663-3660, ext. 1149
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]