Document › Details
Leco Corporation. (10/2/12). "Press Release: Leco and Berkeley Lab Partner for Metabolomics Advancements". St. Joseph, MI.
|Organisation 2||Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL)|
|Group||United States (govt)|
|Product||Citius™ LC-HRT (High Resolution TOFMS)|
|Person||Patrick, Jeffrey S. (Leco 201108 Life Science and Chemical Analysis Centre)|
LECO Corporation has entered into an agreement with the U.S. Department of Energy's Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley Lab) for the development of metabolomic applications and tools. Berkeley Lab's Life Sciences Division will receive access to the LECO Citius™ LC-HRT (High Resolution TOFMS) for applied research in metabolomics. Designed for complex sample analysis, LECO's HRT instrumentation provides acquisition speeds of up to 200 spectra/second, mass resolution up to 100,000 FWHM, and mass accuracy less than 1 ppm.
The research will be led by Dr. Trent Northen, a staff scientist with Berkeley Lab's Life Sciences Division and with the Joint BioEnergy Institute (JBEI). Dr. Northen's research aims to construct detailed models of cellular communities' metabolism and energy through an integrated program of metabolite imaging and metabolomic analysis. This approach is being applied to understand the dynamics of microbial communities, as well as the metabolic drivers of breast cancer.
"For LECO, this collaboration is a wonderful opportunity to support the work of a leader in metabolomics, and to be part of the tradition of scientific excellence at Berkeley Lab," said Dr. Jeff Patrick, Director of Marketed Technology, LECO Separation Science. "We believe this partnership will accelerate and facilitate the addressing of both biological and medical questions."
About Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (www.lbl.gov)
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory addresses the world's most urgent scientific challenges by advancing sustainable energy, protecting human health, creating new materials, and revealing the origin and fate of the universe. Founded in 1931, Berkeley Lab's scientific expertise has been recognized with 13 Nobel prizes. The University of California manages Berkeley Lab for the U.S. Department of Energy's Office of Science.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Leco (Group)
-  Leco Corporation. (8/22/16). "Press Release: Leco Unveils the New Pegasus BT". St. Joseph, MI....
-  Leco Corporation. (12/17/15). "Press Release: Leco Corporation Unveils the AMH55". St. Joseph, MI....
-  Leco Corporation. (11/30/15). "Press Release: Leco Corporation Opens New European Application and Technology Center in Berlin". St. Joseph, MI....
-  Leco Corporation. (3/9/15). "Press Release: Introducing the Pegasus GC-HRT 4D". St. Joseph, MI....
-  Leco Corporation. (12/31/14). "Press Release: ChromaTOF-HRT 1.81 Now Available". St. Joseph, MI....
-  From »The Analytical Scientist« (Issue 15, April 2014). (4/14). "A Leading Light. Sitting Down with... Gary Hieftje, Distinguished Professor and Robert & Marjorie Mann Chair of Chemistry, Indiana University Bloomington"....
-  Leco Corporation. (3/3/14). "Press Release: Leco and CDS Analytical Announce Relationship to Deliver Pyrolysis and High Performance GC-TOFMS". St. Joseph, MI....
-  Leco Corporation. (3/20/13). "Press Release: Leco to Manufacture Accredited Reference Materials under Guidelines of A2LA Accreditation Program". St. Joseph, MI....
-  Leco Corporation. (3/18/13). "Press Release: AB Sciex and Leco Partner to Offer Combined Solutions for GC/MS and LC/MS to Metabolomics Researchers. Bundled Solutions Leverage the Synergy between Two Technology Leaders". St. Joseph, MI....
-  Leco Corporation. (3/13/13). "Press Release: European GCxGC Symposium Scheduled for September". St. Joseph, MI....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]