Document › Details
Leco Corporation. (3/30/11). "Press Release: New Leco Product Honored with Pittcon Award. Product’s Source Developed in Collaboration with Prosolia, Inc.". St. Joseph, MI.
|Organisation 2||Prosolia Inc.|
|Product||Citius™ LC-HRT (High Resolution TOFMS)|
|Product 2||Omni Spray™ DESI Ion Source|
|Index term||Leco–Prosolia: ionisation technology, 201103 collab development Omni Spray DESI Ion Source for Leco’s Citius LC-HRT|
|Person||Cooks, R. Graham (Purdue Univ Prof Dept of Chemistry, Aston Labs)|
A panel of scientists and industry journalists has honored the Citius™ LC-HRT (High Resolution TOFMS) from LECO Corporation with the prestigious 2011 Pittcon Editors' Gold Award. This award signifies the most innovative product introduced at Pittcon, the world's annual premier conference and exposition on laboratory science. The Citius LC-HRT was selected from the many new products presented by nearly 1,000 exhibitors at the show.
The Citius™ LC-HRT utilizes the Omni Spray® DESI ion source from Prosolia, Inc. The DESI technology (Desorption Electrospray Ionization) is a sensitive, gentle ionization method that allows for the direct sampling of surfaces without any sample preparation, and under ambient temperature and pressure conditions. This technique is effective for both organic and biological compounds and allows for in situ analysis of biological tissues and other surfaces.
The versatility of available ionization sources complement the Citius LC-HRT's high-performance MS capabilities and unprecedented dynamic range. Panel members who selected the Citius LC-HRT for the award also noted the instrument's no-compromise approach to resolving power, acquisition rate, mass accuracy, and sensitivity. The system utilizes LECO's Folded Flight Path™ (FFP™) technology to provide full-range mass spectra at speeds of up to 200 spectra per second, and resolutions of up to 100,000 with mass accuracies of less than 1 ppm.
Click here for more information on the Citius LC-HRT.
About Prosolia, Inc. (www.prosolia.com)
Prosolia, Inc. was established in 2002 to commercialize technology developed in the laboratory of Professor R. Graham Cooks at Purdue University. Prosolia has grown to become a fully integrated life sciences company that develops, manufactures, and markets analytical chemistry tools that enhance and expand the use of mass spectrometers.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Leco (Group)
-  Leco Corporation. (8/22/16). "Press Release: Leco Unveils the New Pegasus BT". St. Joseph, MI....
-  Leco Corporation. (12/17/15). "Press Release: Leco Corporation Unveils the AMH55". St. Joseph, MI....
-  Leco Corporation. (11/30/15). "Press Release: Leco Corporation Opens New European Application and Technology Center in Berlin". St. Joseph, MI....
-  Leco Corporation. (3/9/15). "Press Release: Introducing the Pegasus GC-HRT 4D". St. Joseph, MI....
-  Leco Corporation. (12/31/14). "Press Release: ChromaTOF-HRT 1.81 Now Available". St. Joseph, MI....
-  From »The Analytical Scientist« (Issue 15, April 2014). (4/14). "A Leading Light. Sitting Down with... Gary Hieftje, Distinguished Professor and Robert & Marjorie Mann Chair of Chemistry, Indiana University Bloomington"....
-  Leco Corporation. (3/3/14). "Press Release: Leco and CDS Analytical Announce Relationship to Deliver Pyrolysis and High Performance GC-TOFMS". St. Joseph, MI....
-  Leco Corporation. (3/20/13). "Press Release: Leco to Manufacture Accredited Reference Materials under Guidelines of A2LA Accreditation Program". St. Joseph, MI....
-  Leco Corporation. (3/18/13). "Press Release: AB Sciex and Leco Partner to Offer Combined Solutions for GC/MS and LC/MS to Metabolomics Researchers. Bundled Solutions Leverage the Synergy between Two Technology Leaders". St. Joseph, MI....
-  Leco Corporation. (3/13/13). "Press Release: European GCxGC Symposium Scheduled for September". St. Joseph, MI....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]