Document › Details
Leco Corporation. (8/22/12). "Press Release: Leco European Life Sciences and Chemical Analysis Centre Partners with the Joint Mass Spectrometry Centre". St. Joseph, MI.
|Organisation 2||University of Rostock, Joint Mass Spectrometry Centre – JMSC (with HelmholtzZentrum München)|
|Group||University of Rostock|
|Product||Citius™ LC-HRT (High Resolution TOFMS)|
|Product 2||Pegasus® GC-HRT (High Resolution TOFMS)|
|Person||Zimmermann, Ralf (Helmholtz-Zentrum München + Univ Rostock)|
|Person 2||Patrick, Jeffrey S. (Leco 201108 Life Science and Chemical Analysis Centre)|
The LECO European Life Sciences and Chemical Analysis Centre is providing access to high resolution mass spectrometry instrumentation to the Joint Mass Spectrometry Centre, a cooperative partnership between the University of Rostock and the Helmholtz Zentrum München- German Research Center for Environmental Health.
The Joint Mass Spectrometry Centre will utilize the LECO Citius™ LC-HRT (High Resolution TOFMS) and Pegasus® GC-HRT for applied research in areas such as health-relevant environmental analysis, comprehensive molecular profiling, biomedical and forensic research, and analytical method development. Designed for complex sample analysis, LECO's HRT instrumentation provides acquisition speeds of up to 200 spectra/second, mass resolution up to 100,000 FWHM, and mass accuracy less than 1 ppm.
The Joint Mass Spectrometry Centre is led by Prof. Dr. Ralf Zimmermann, who also serves as both the chair of analytical chemistry at the University of Rostock and the head of the comprehensive molecular analytics cooperation group at the Helmholtz Zentrum München.
"LECO is honored to support the work of Prof. Dr. Zimmermann and the Joint Mass Spectrometry Centre characterizing complex molecular mixtures," said Jürgen Wendt, LCMS Technical Product Specialist, LECO European Life Science and Chemical Analysis Centre. "We are confident that his team will significantly benefit from the advantages provided by High Resolution TOFMS."
The teams at both the Joint Mass Spectrometry Centre and LECO have high expectations for the partnership.
"For the past 10 years at the Helmholtz Zentrum München, we have worked very successfully with GCxGC-TOFMS technology," said Prof. Dr. Ralf Zimmermann. "In the framework of our most recent cooperation, we are now very much looking forward to new, exciting applications with the novel LECO fast high resolution TOF systems, the GC-HRT and LC-HRT. The new HRT technology platform is perfectly suited for our complex molecular characterisation applications in the field of energy and fuels, environmental research, and metabolomics."
"My expectation is novel applications of cutting-edge technology," said Dr. Jeff Patrick, Director of Marketed Technology, LECO Separation Science. "The experience and creativity of Dr. Zimmermann and his team will allow the LECO HRT platform to be highlighted and fully utilized to solve meaningful problems in environmental science, metabolomics, and more. Speaking with Dr. Zimmermann and the scientists at Helmholtz, I'm excited about the possibilities, and I think other scientists will be just as excited about the outcomes."
About Joint Mass Spectrometry Centre (JMSC) (www.jmsc.de)
JMSC is a cooperative partnership between the University of Rostock and the Helmholtz Zentrum München (German Research Center for Environmental Health). The JMSC focuses on the development of novel analytical methods for complex molecular systems characterization and the application of mass spectrometry-based and ionization techniques in environmental and life sciences.
About Helmholtz Zentrum München (www.helmholtz-muenchen.de)
As the German Research Center for Environmental Health, Helmholtz Zentrum München pursues the goal of developing personalized medical approaches for the prevention and therapy of major common diseases such as diabetes mellitus and lung diseases. To achieve this, it investigates the interaction of genetics, environmental factors, and lifestyle. The Helmholtz Zentrum München has about 1,900 staff members and is headquartered in Neuherberg in the north of Munich on a 50-hectare research campus. Helmholtz Zentrum München is a member of the Helmholtz Association, a community of 18 scientifictechnical and medical-biological research centers with a total of about 31,000 staff members.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Leco (Group)
-  Leco Corporation. (8/22/16). "Press Release: Leco Unveils the New Pegasus BT". St. Joseph, MI....
-  Leco Corporation. (12/17/15). "Press Release: Leco Corporation Unveils the AMH55". St. Joseph, MI....
-  Leco Corporation. (11/30/15). "Press Release: Leco Corporation Opens New European Application and Technology Center in Berlin". St. Joseph, MI....
-  Leco Corporation. (3/9/15). "Press Release: Introducing the Pegasus GC-HRT 4D". St. Joseph, MI....
-  Leco Corporation. (12/31/14). "Press Release: ChromaTOF-HRT 1.81 Now Available". St. Joseph, MI....
-  From »The Analytical Scientist« (Issue 15, April 2014). (4/14). "A Leading Light. Sitting Down with... Gary Hieftje, Distinguished Professor and Robert & Marjorie Mann Chair of Chemistry, Indiana University Bloomington"....
-  Leco Corporation. (3/3/14). "Press Release: Leco and CDS Analytical Announce Relationship to Deliver Pyrolysis and High Performance GC-TOFMS". St. Joseph, MI....
-  Leco Corporation. (3/20/13). "Press Release: Leco to Manufacture Accredited Reference Materials under Guidelines of A2LA Accreditation Program". St. Joseph, MI....
-  Leco Corporation. (3/18/13). "Press Release: AB Sciex and Leco Partner to Offer Combined Solutions for GC/MS and LC/MS to Metabolomics Researchers. Bundled Solutions Leverage the Synergy between Two Technology Leaders". St. Joseph, MI....
-  Leco Corporation. (3/13/13). "Press Release: European GCxGC Symposium Scheduled for September". St. Joseph, MI....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]