Document › Details
Kreatech Diagnostics. (7/8/13). "Press Release: Leica Biosystems Acquires Kreatech Diagnostics". Newcastle-upon-Tyne & Amsterdam.
|Organisation||Leica Biosystems (biosystems division of Leica Microsystems)|
|Index term||Kreatech–Danaher: investment, 201307 acquisition by Leica Biosystems|
Leica Biosystems announced that it has acquired Kreatech Diagnostics, a privately-held provider of DNA fluorescent in-situ hybridization (FISH) probes and target labeling reagents for microarrays.
"We are very pleased with the acquisition of Kreatech, its extensive portfolio and development expertise. This will allow Leica Biosystems to better serve our cytogenetics and anatomic pathology customers. It will also enable us to actively support the future development of personalized medicine by research and drug development companies" said Matthias G. Weber, MD, President of Leica Biosystems. "By standardizing and supporting the interpretation of results with our Aperio ePathologytm imaging solutions, we will provide our customers with the ability to effectively and efficiently manage ever more complex diagnostic requirements."
Kreatech will join Leica Biosystems' Advanced Staining Business Unit based in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK. The combined business will develop targeted biomarker menus for Leica's instrument platforms. Leica Biosystems provides the ThermoBrite®, and BOND™ systems that are widely used to label tissue specimens for diagnostic interpretation in cytogenetics and pathology laboratories globally.
"Leica Biosystems is a very natural fit to take Kreatech to the next stage" commented Kees Moonen, CEO of Kreatech Diagnostics. "Leica will bring global brand recognition, worldwide commercial reach, extensive cytogenetics and histology portfolios, and the automation of diagnostic tests on well-established systems. This will tremendously increase the number of customers that can benefit from Kreatech's superior solutions."
About Leica Biosystems
Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation, striving to advance cancer diagnostics to improve lives. Leica Biosystems provides anatomical pathology laboratories and researchers a comprehensive product range for each step in the pathology process, from sample preparation and staining to imaging and reporting. Leica's easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 6 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Nussloch, Germany. Further information can be found at www.LeicaBiosystems.com
About Kreatech Diagnostics
Kreatech is a molecular diagnostics company focusing on the development and commercialization of innovative detection products. Kreatech's product portfolio enables customers to detect genetic aberrations that may lead to cancer or other diseases. Kreatech offers a broad commercial portfolio of REPEAT-FREE™ DNA-FISH probes and a dedicated portfolio for microarray labeling applications using its proprietary non-enzymatic Universal Linkage System (ULS™) labeling technology. Further information can be found at www.Kreatech.com
Tim Lyons, Director, Global Marketing Communications, Tim.Lyons@LeicaBiosystems.com, 847-405-5455
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (3/2/17). "Press Release: Phenomenex Extends Kinetex and Luna Omega Performance Advantages to 1mm ID Format". Torrance, CA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Appointment of Raymond C. Stevens, Ph.D. to Danaher Board". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (2/8/17). "Press Release: Phenomenex Publishes Comprehensive Food Testing Guide Featuring More Than 150 Applications". Torrance, CA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (1/24/17). "Press Release: Sciex Launches New Fast Glycan Labeling and Analysis Kit for Comprehensive Biopharmaceutical Characterization". Framingham, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (1/24/17). "Press Release: Sciex Launches New X500B QTOF Mass Spectrometry System for Standardized Biotherapeutic Characterization". Framingham, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (1/17/17). "Press Release: Sciex lädt ein zum 7. Berliner LC-MS/MS Symposium". Darmstadt....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]