Document › Details
Merck KGaA. (1/20/17). "Press Release: Merck and Genea Open Centre of Excellence for Fertility [This press release is not intended for U.S. based media]". Darmstadt.
|Product||prenatal genetic test|
[ This press release is not intended for U.S. based media. ]
> Merck is broadening its efforts to support ART clinics to achieve excellence for patients
> Through leading edge education and training, the Centre of Excellence aims to support clinics to achieve consistent and high level of outcome
Merck, a leading science and technology company, today announced the opening of its first Centre of Excellence (CoE) for fertility. The objective of the CoE is to provide fertility professionals with a strong understanding of the concepts, processes and techniques that are undertaken in high quality clinics in order to help address the unmet needs in assisted reproductive treatment (ART). The centre aims to help optimize procedures to improve treatment outcomes for couples that want to conceive. As a joint venture between Merck and Genea, a developer of innovative fertility technologies, the CoE demonstrates the two partners’ commitment to support high standards of education within ART.
“The Centre of Excellence is an international training hub addressing the global unmet needs within fertility clinics by promoting standardization of processes for consistently high treatment outcomes,” said Dorothea Wenzel, Head of the Global Business Franchise Fertility at the biopharma business of Merck. “Its unique concept is a reflection of the best practice standard in ART clinics that Merck and Genea have developed.”
The CoE is a state-of-the-art facility for high quality training of healthcare professionals, such as physicians and embryologists, to improve clinical practices, protocols and clinic outcome. Jan Kirsten, Global Head of Fertility Technologies, further explained: “The participants are given the opportunity to experience first-hand how leading science and technologies work in a real clinical environment. Thus, the concept allows Merck to offer practical hands-on training through a training lab and the adjacent Genea clinic, alongside theoretical education.” The centre is located in Bangkok, Thailand, and with this central location in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region aims to attract participants from all over the world with focus on APAC and China. The CoE was officially opened with a ceremony held on 16 January 2017.
The centre is another collaboration between Merck and Genea, also supported by the partners of the Global Fertility Alliance (GFA), which was founded in 2015. The GFA is driving standardization in ART clinics for improved treatment outcomes. Therefore, the CoE also represents the innovative technologies from the GFA partners including Illumina, a leader in developing and commercializing systems for analysis of genetic variation and function, ZEISS, an internationally leading technology enterprise operating in the optics as well as optoelectronics industries and the associated partner Chart MVE BioMedical, the world's leading manufacturer of cryogenic freezer systems, as well as the latest technology in laser systems from Hamilton Thorne, Inc.
This press release is not intended for U.S. based media.
All Merck Press Releases are distributed by e-mail at the same time they become available on the Merck Website www.merckgroup.com/media. Please go to http://www.merckgroup.com/subscribe to register online, change your selection or discontinue this service.
Merck is a leading science and technology company in healthcare, life science and performance materials. Around 50,000 employees work to further develop technologies that improve and enhance life – from biopharmaceutical therapies to treat cancer or multiple sclerosis, cutting-edge systems for scientific research and production, to liquid crystals for smartphones and LCD televisions. In 2015, Merck generated sales of € 12.85 billion in 66 countries.
Founded in 1668, Merck is the world's oldest pharmaceutical and chemical company. The founding family remains the majority owner of the publicly listed corporate group. Merck, Darmstadt, Germany holds the global rights to the Merck name and brand. The only exceptions are the United States and Canada, where the company operates as EMD Serono, MilliporeSigma and EMD Performance Materials.
Record changed: 2017-01-26
More documents for Merck (DE) (Group)
-  Merck KGaA. (2/1/17). "Press Release: Merck Appoints Anke Schenkel as Head of Group Controlling and Risk Management". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (1/18/17). "Press Release: Merck Launches First Commercial Screening Service to Predict Multiple Sources of DNA Damage". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Merck Acquires BioControl to Strengthen Position in Food Safety Testing". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Merck Raises Profit Forecast for 2016 Following Good Third Quarter". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (10/13/16). "Press Release: Merck Sets Its Sights on 2018 and Outlines Future Strategic Roadmap". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (10/13/16). "Press Release: Merck Introduces First Certified Spiking Solution of Heavy Labeled Thyroglobulin Protein". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (10/6/16). "Press Release: Merck Unveils New State-of-the-Art M Lab Collaboration Center in Korea". Incheon....
-  Merck KGaA. (9/28/16). "Press Release: Merck to Present New Research Focused on Hard-to-Treat Cancers at ESMO 2016 [Not for U.S. and UK media]". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (9/26/16). "Press Release: Merck Launches Viresolve Pro Shield H for More Robust, Economical Parvovirus Removal". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (8/4/16). "Press Release: Merck Lifts Forecast Following Good Second Quarter". Darmstadt....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]