Document › Details
Merck KGaA. (1/18/17). "Press Release: Merck Launches First Commercial Screening Service to Predict Multiple Sources of DNA Damage". Darmstadt.
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Merck (DE) (Group)|
|Product||CAN MultiFlow™ screening services|
> Determines genotoxicity and mode of action in single high-throughput assay
> Accelerates analysis of chemicals, ingredients and drugs
Merck, a leading science and technology company, has introduced CAN MultiFlow™ screening services to more accurately predict genotoxic and mode of action* properties of substances, ingredients and drug compounds. Offered through its BioReliance® testing facilities, Merck will be the first company to provide this service in the United States.
The screening process uses flow cytometry to quickly and efficiently screen for clastogens, aneugens and non-genotoxicants (CAN) in pharmaceutical compounds, agricultural chemicals, flavors, fragrances and consumer products. The results from the assay can help manufacturers reject harmful substances during product development or reduce undesirable properties at an early stage.
“Assessing toxicology is one of the most important steps in the development of chemicals, ingredients and drugs for use in pharmaceuticals, agriculture or consumer goods,” said Andrew Bulpin, Head of Process Solutions Strategic Marketing & Innovation, Life Science. “Merck’s new CAN MultiFlow™ screening services provide more accurate predictions for toxicity than other approaches. This highly efficient and accurate service will allow for faster evaluation of compounds for potential hazards, making drugs, cosmetics, flavors, fragrances and other chemicals safer for consumers in the long run.”
Unlike other screening tests, the CAN MultiFlow™ assay analyses multiple biomarkers (p53, hH2AX and Phospho-Histone H3) associated with DNA damage in a single high-throughput assay. This model provides more accurate predictions of genotoxicity to help avoid false positives or other misinformation that may exclude an otherwise safe compound from a development pipeline. The CAN MultiFlow™ assay uses a minimal amount of material for testing and rapidly provides results.
The new CAN MultiFlow™ assay is based on the MultiFlow™ kit from Litron Laboratories. At this time, Merck is the only provider of the service in the United States. With the addition of this new service, Merck now offers the industry’s most current and comprehensive range of solutions for genotoxicity assessment, from discovery to lead optimization, and from regulatory assessment to lead rescue.
* mode of action properties are functional or anatomical changes that occur at the cellular level as a result of exposure to a toxic substance.
All Merck Press Releases are distributed by e-mail at the same time they become available on the Merck Website www.merckgroup.com/media. Please go to http://www.merckgroup.com/subscribe to register online, change your selection or discontinue this service.
Merck is a leading science and technology company in healthcare, life science and performance materials. Around 50,000 employees work to further develop technologies that improve and enhance life – from biopharmaceutical therapies to treat cancer or multiple sclerosis, cutting-edge systems for scientific research and production, to liquid crystals for smartphones and LCD televisions. In 2015, Merck generated sales of € 12.85 billion in 66 countries.
Founded in 1668, Merck is the world's oldest pharmaceutical and chemical company. The founding family remains the majority owner of the publicly listed corporate group. Merck, Darmstadt, Germany holds the global rights to the Merck name and brand. The only exceptions are the United States and Canada, where the company operates as EMD Serono, MilliporeSigma and EMD Performance Materials.
Record changed: 2017-04-19
More documents for Merck (DE) (Group)
-  Merck KGaA. (3/9/17). "Press Release: Merck Generates Record Sales and Continues to Grow Profitably in 2016". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Merck Advances Lab Water Purification Technology with Milli-Q IQ 7000 System". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (2/1/17). "Press Release: Merck Appoints Anke Schenkel as Head of Group Controlling and Risk Management". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (1/20/17). "Press Release: Merck and Genea Open Centre of Excellence for Fertility [This press release is not intended for U.S. based media]". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Merck Acquires BioControl to Strengthen Position in Food Safety Testing". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Merck Raises Profit Forecast for 2016 Following Good Third Quarter". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (10/13/16). "Press Release: Merck Sets Its Sights on 2018 and Outlines Future Strategic Roadmap". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (10/13/16). "Press Release: Merck Introduces First Certified Spiking Solution of Heavy Labeled Thyroglobulin Protein". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (10/6/16). "Press Release: Merck Unveils New State-of-the-Art M Lab Collaboration Center in Korea". Incheon....
-  Merck KGaA. (9/28/16). "Press Release: Merck to Present New Research Focused on Hard-to-Treat Cancers at ESMO 2016 [Not for U.S. and UK media]". Darmstadt....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]