Document › Details
Merck KGaA. (7/18/16). "Press Release: Merck Relaunches Customer Collaboration Centers with New Concept and M Lab Name". Darmstadt.
|Organisation||Merck (DE) (Group)|
|Organisation 2||M Lab Collaboration Center Tokyo (Merck)|
|Group||Merck (DE) (Group)|
|Product||laboratory equipment and instruments|
|Person||Batra, Udit (Merck (DE) 201507– Head Life Science Business before CEO Merck Millipore + Novartis + JnJ + McKinsey)|
> State-of-the-art laboratories for full end-to-end process development support and training
> Enables explorations of new technologies and solutions to address development and manufacturing challenges
> Dynamic settings in major pharmaceutical and biotechnology hubs promote customer collaboration from pre-clinical through full-scale production
Merck, a leading science and technology company, is relaunching its global network of customer collaboration centers, providing customers a shared, exploratory environment with scientists and engineers working to solve their toughest biomanufacturing challenges and helping accelerate development of new therapies.
Formerly known as biomanufacturing science training centers, the new state-of-the art M Lab™ Collaboration Centers provide a simulated manufacturing environment for experiments, troubleshooting and problem solving, in a non-GMP setting, that fosters education and full end-to-end process development support. Customers participate in product demonstrations, hands-on training and proof-of-concept work, as well as apply best practices and new approaches to develop, optimize and scale-up processes and simplify global technology transfer.
“These centers have been an important resource for our customers and the biopharma industry for more than two decades,” said Udit Batra, Member of the Merck Executive Board and CEO, Life Science. “Now reimagined and reengineered as M Lab™ Collaboration Centers, we have taken our industry-leading concept to the next level. We are creating unique and inspiring settings where customers can explore new ways to increase productivity and improve processes in close collaboration with our team of experts.”
Merck unveiled its first remodeled center in Tokyo, Japan on June 29, 2016. The network, established in 1995, will also include locations in Brazil, China, France, India, Singapore, South Korea and the United States with formal relaunch of centers around the world taking place throughout the remainder of 2016 and 2017.
Each M Lab™ Collaboration Center will welcome customers and collaboration partners from government, academia, regulatory bodies and industry associations, offering application best practices and knowledge sharing tailored to address the specific needs of the local pharmaceutical manufacturers. Customers will have access to sizing and simulation tools and methodologies as well as analytical and modeling support and customer education programs.
Click here to learn more about the M Lab™ Collaboration Centers and view videos of Merck’s facilities.
All Merck Press Releases are distributed by e-mail at the same time they become available on the Merck Website www.merckgroup.com/media. Please go to http://www.merckgroup.com/subscribe to register online, change your selection or discontinue this service.
Merck is a leading science and technology company in healthcare, life science and performance materials. Around 50,000 employees work to further develop technologies that improve and enhance life – from biopharmaceutical therapies to treat cancer or multiple sclerosis, cutting-edge systems for scientific research and production, to liquid crystals for smartphones and LCD televisions. In 2015, Merck generated sales of € 12.85 billion in 66 countries.
Founded in 1668, Merck is the world's oldest pharmaceutical and chemical company. The founding family remains the majority owner of the publicly listed corporate group. Merck, Darmstadt, Germany holds the global rights to the Merck name and brand. The only exceptions are the United States and Canada, where the company operates as EMD Serono, MilliporeSigma and EMD Performance Materials.
Record changed: 2016-08-09
More documents for Merck (DE) (Group)
-  Merck KGaA. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Merck Advances Lab Water Purification Technology with Milli-Q IQ 7000 System". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (2/1/17). "Press Release: Merck Appoints Anke Schenkel as Head of Group Controlling and Risk Management". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (1/20/17). "Press Release: Merck and Genea Open Centre of Excellence for Fertility [This press release is not intended for U.S. based media]". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (1/18/17). "Press Release: Merck Launches First Commercial Screening Service to Predict Multiple Sources of DNA Damage". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Merck Acquires BioControl to Strengthen Position in Food Safety Testing". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Merck Raises Profit Forecast for 2016 Following Good Third Quarter". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (10/13/16). "Press Release: Merck Sets Its Sights on 2018 and Outlines Future Strategic Roadmap". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (10/13/16). "Press Release: Merck Introduces First Certified Spiking Solution of Heavy Labeled Thyroglobulin Protein". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (10/6/16). "Press Release: Merck Unveils New State-of-the-Art M Lab Collaboration Center in Korea". Incheon....
-  Merck KGaA. (9/28/16). "Press Release: Merck to Present New Research Focused on Hard-to-Treat Cancers at ESMO 2016 [Not for U.S. and UK media]". Darmstadt....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]