Document › Details
Metabolon, Inc.. (6/17/11). "Press Release: USPTO Grants Two New Patents to Metabolon, Inc.". Research Triangle Park, NC.
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation 2||US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)|
|Group||United States (govt)|
|Person||Ryals, John (Metabolon 200510 CEO)|
Metabolon, Inc., the leader in metabolomics, biomarker discovery and biochemical analysis, announces that it was awarded two new US Patents. With the grant of these patents Metabolon currently holds 17 US Patents related to its biochemical profiling methods, data analysis solutions and biomarkers for disease and toxicity.
US Patent 7,947,453 "Methods for Drug Discovery, Disease Treatment and Diagnosis Using Metabolomics" was granted by the United States Patent and Trademark Office on May 24, 2011. It is the tenth patent to issue from the fundamental Daouk-Kristal "metabolomics methods" patent family. The '453 patent provides a method to predict an individual's drug response, thereby facilitating personalized medical treatment, such as for cancer chemotherapy, and treatments for metabolic disorders and depression.
US Patent 7,9490,475 "System and Method for Analyzing Metabolomic Data" was also granted by the USPTO on May 24, 2011. The '475 patent provides a unique visual display of metabolomic data generated by multiple analytical platforms, including GC-MS and LC-MS, and MS/MS. With this technology Metabolon scientists are able to simultaneously evaluate a series of raw and complex data sets in a single comprehensive visual display. It is a critical component of Metabolon's ability to quickly identify compounds with high confidence and identify biomarkers.
"These patents support our intellectual property strategy for our biomarker and biochemical analysis program, which will aid in predicting drug responses in individuals and identifying disease biomarkers for more personalized treatment," said John Ryals, Metabolon president and CEO. "With 17 issued US patents broadly covering metabolomics methods and software, Metabolon has assembled the dominant IP position in the field of metabolomics."
Metabolon is the exclusive license holder of the Daouk-Kristal patent family which is comprised of early, pioneering patents and patent applications which provide fundamental IP in the field of metabolomics. Metabolon's previously issued patents include the use of metabolomics for determining biomarkers for disease, including cancer, metabolic disorders, and neurological disorders such as Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), Alzheimer's Disease, Parkinson's Disease, Huntington's Disease, depression and schizophrenia. Metabolon also owns patents relating to disease biomarkers and for software designed for analyzing metabolomics data.
Metabolon, Inc. has advanced the field of metabolomics by pioneering and patenting the industry's leading biochemical biomarker discovery and profiling platform. It has developed the technology to quickly identify and measure all of the biochemicals in a biological sample through its proprietary global processing method. Through the generation and interpretation of data, this method provides a precise understanding of disease etiology and drug action, and advances personalized medicine beyond what genomics and other approaches can promise. Metabolon's expertise is being embraced by a wide range of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, food and agricultural companies. Metabolytics, its biomarker discovery and analysis business, has completed over 320 client studies and processed over 30,000 samples for customers in 2010 alone. Building on its expertise in biochemistry understanding, Metabolon is also developing proprietary diagnostic tests to determine and track disease progression. For more information about Metabolon, please visit www.metabolon.com or contact Matt Zaske email@example.com at (919) 595-2200.
Lippert/Heilshorn & Assoc.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Metabolon (Group)
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (12/5/16). "Press Release: Metabolon Raises Additional $15 Million in Funding from Essex Woodlands". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (9/28/16). "Press Release: Metabolon Launches Meta IMD Test to Speed Diagnosis of Inherited Metabolic Disorders". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (8/11/16). "Press Release: Metabolon Closes $15 Million Financing to Support Precision Medicine Growth Opportunities". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Muses Labs. (7/13/16). "Press Release: Metabolon and Muses Labs Partner to Apply Metabolomics to Alzheimer’s Disease". Raleigh, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (3/29/16). "Press Release: Metabolon and Synlab Group Form Commercialization Collaboration for Quantose IR Diagnostic". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (7/6/15). "Press Release: Darin Leigh Joins Metabolon as Chief Commercial Officer". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (6/1/15). "Press Release: Sciex and Metabolon Launch the Lipidyzer Platform for Complete Lipid Analysis, from Sample to Biology". Framingham, MA & Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (3/18/15). "Press Release: Study Shows Quantose IR Measures Insulin Sensitivity Better Than A1C Test for Prediabetes". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (3/5/15). "Press Release: Metabolon Separates Board Chairman & CEO Roles. Independent Director Santo J. Costa Elected Chairman of the Board". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (9/3/14). "Press Release: Metabolon and Baylor College of Medicine Partner to Launch Global Metabolomic-Assisted Pathway Screen (MAPS) for Inborn Errors of Metabolism". Research Triangle Park, NC & Houston, TX....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]