Document › Details
Metabolon, Inc.. (6/11/12). "Press Release: Metabolon’s Quantose IR Test Feature in Five Poster Presentations at 2012 American Diabetes Association Meeting". Research Triangle Park, NC.
|Product||Quantose™ prediabetes blood test|
|Person||Ryals, John (Metabolon 200510 CEO)|
Clinical data demonstrate test's effectiveness in stratifying prediabetic patients based on insulin resistance levels
Metabolon, Inc. announces that the clinical utility of the Company's lead diagnostic product Quantose™ IR will be featured in five poster presentations at the 72nd Annual Scientific Sessions of the American Diabetes Association (ADA) being held June 8-12 in Philadelphia. Quantose IR is a fasting blood test to measure insulin resistance (IR). The test measures levels of three novel non-glycemic biomarkers and insulin to detect prediabetes earlier and with greater sensitivity than traditional glycemic markers such as glucose and Hemoglobin A1C.
"This marks our fourth consecutive ADA annual meeting and our expanded presence this year reflects our Company's continued focus on developing diagnostic tests related to metabolic disease," said John Ryals, President and CEO of Metabolon. "As insulin resistance is known to precede Type 2 diabetes by up to 10 years, Quantose IR offers clinicians a tool for identifying patients at greatest risk for disease progression long before glycemic markers show evidence of dysregulation. Clinicians seeking to intervene in this high-risk group will be provided unique pathophysiological insight helpful in tailoring treatments to individual patients. Our Quantose IR test also provides a useful therapeutic monitoring tool to complement traditional markers in gauging treatment effectiveness due to its non-glycemic markers tracking so closely with changing insulin sensitivity."
The following five abstracts related to Metabolon's ongoing research and development efforts associated with Quantose IR will be featured at the ADA meeting:
"Early metabolic markers of the development of dysglycemia and Type 2 diabetes and their physiological significance"
> Alpha-hydroxybutyrate (AHB) and linoleoyl-glycerophosphocholine (L-GPC) are described as novel circulatory markers of insulin resistance, with clinical outcome data demonstrating their predictive risk to prediabetes and Type 2 diabetes and response to intervention. Additional studies are presented that examine the Quantose IR biomarker's physiological significance such as their bioactivity on insulin secretion. Abstract # 1600-P, to be presented by Dr. Walter Gall during the Monday, June 11th 12-2pm poster session.
"Pioglitazone improves insulin sensitivity by modulating novel biomarkers in impaired glucose tolerance" (Audio poster tour)
> Top-ranking insulin sensitivity biomarkers are measured in the T2D prevention study ACT NOW. The purpose of the study was to describe the response of the novel Quantose IR metabolites and its algorithm IR signature to pioglitazone pharmacotherapy and provide context of these observations in a diabetes prevention clinical setting. Abstract # 1182-P, to be presented by Dr. Walter Gall during the Saturday, June 9th 11:30am-1:30pm poster session and the Sunday, June 10th 12-1pm guided audio tour.
"Metabolomic profile associated with hepatic insulin resistance in nondiabetic subjects: results from RISC study" (Audio poster tour)
> Quantose IR metabolites AHB and L-GPC are associated with hepatic insulin resistance, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and NASH, further validating the clinical importance of measuring these novel biomarkers associated with IR-related disease outcomes. Abstract # 1791-P, to be presented by Dr. Amalia Gastadelli during the Monday, June 11th 12-2pm poster session.
"Effect of aging and exercise on novel insulin sensitivity marker linoleoyl-glycerophosphocholine" (Audio poster tour)
> Lifestyle intervention study with sedentary IR subjects demonstrate the response of Quantose IR metabolites AHB and L-GPC to aerobic exercise and further show associations of L-GPC with aging. Abstract # 714-P, to be presented by Dr. Jose de Jesus Garduno Garcia during the Monday, June 11th 12-2pm poster session and the Monday, June 11th 1-2pm guided audio tour.
"Genetic variants associated with diabetes related circulating metabolite levels and their role in type 2 diabetes and insulin sensitivity" (Audio poster tour)
> Genome-wide association studies were carried out with the RISC and Botnia prospective studies to identify and validate associations of genes and metabolites related to glycine, the top-ranking amino acid related to insulin sensitivity and proximal to Quantose IR metabolite AHB biosynthesis. Abstract # 1526-P, to be presented by Dr. Weijia Xie during the Monday, June 11th 12-2pm poster session.
Metabolon, Inc. has advanced the field of metabolomics by pioneering and patenting the industry's leading biochemical biomarker discovery and profiling platform. It has developed the technology to quickly identify and measure all of the biochemicals in a biological sample through its proprietary global processing method. Through the generation and interpretation of data, this method provides a precise understanding of disease etiology and drug action, and advances personalized medicine beyond what genomics and other approaches can promise. Metabolon's expertise is being embraced by a wide range of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, food and agricultural companies. Metabolytics, its biomarker discovery and analysis business, has completed over 1,500 client studies and processed over 50,000 samples and 400 projects for customers in 2011 alone. Building on its expertise in biochemistry understanding, Metabolon is also developing proprietary diagnostic tests to determine and track disease progression. For more information about Metabolon, please visit www.metabolon.com or contact Matt Zaske at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-595-2200.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Metabolon (Group)
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (12/5/16). "Press Release: Metabolon Raises Additional $15 Million in Funding from Essex Woodlands". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (9/28/16). "Press Release: Metabolon Launches Meta IMD Test to Speed Diagnosis of Inherited Metabolic Disorders". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (8/11/16). "Press Release: Metabolon Closes $15 Million Financing to Support Precision Medicine Growth Opportunities". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Muses Labs. (7/13/16). "Press Release: Metabolon and Muses Labs Partner to Apply Metabolomics to Alzheimer’s Disease". Raleigh, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (3/29/16). "Press Release: Metabolon and Synlab Group Form Commercialization Collaboration for Quantose IR Diagnostic". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (7/6/15). "Press Release: Darin Leigh Joins Metabolon as Chief Commercial Officer". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (6/1/15). "Press Release: Sciex and Metabolon Launch the Lipidyzer Platform for Complete Lipid Analysis, from Sample to Biology". Framingham, MA & Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (3/18/15). "Press Release: Study Shows Quantose IR Measures Insulin Sensitivity Better Than A1C Test for Prediabetes". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (3/5/15). "Press Release: Metabolon Separates Board Chairman & CEO Roles. Independent Director Santo J. Costa Elected Chairman of the Board". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (9/3/14). "Press Release: Metabolon and Baylor College of Medicine Partner to Launch Global Metabolomic-Assisted Pathway Screen (MAPS) for Inborn Errors of Metabolism". Research Triangle Park, NC & Houston, TX....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]