Document › Details
Metabolon, Inc.. (3/29/16). "Press Release: Metabolon and Synlab Group Form Commercialization Collaboration for Quantose IR Diagnostic". Research Triangle Park, NC.
|Organisation 2||Synlab International GmbH|
|Product||Quantose IR™ technology|
|Product 2||Quantose™ prediabetes blood test|
|Person||Ryals, John (Metabolon 200510 CEO)|
|Person 2||Valor, Santiago (Synlab 201603 CMO)|
- SYNLAB Group to market Quantose IR, a laboratory-developed test used to identify insulin resistance
- Initial launch in Spain
- Additional markets to follow in 2016
Metabolon, Inc., the global leader in metabolomics, announced today that it has entered into a commercialization collaboration for its Quantose™ IR diagnostic with SYNLAB Group, the leader in the European market for clinical laboratory services. This collaboration is a significant milestone in delivering Metabolon’s technology for precision medicine and diagnostics applications to international markets, which include Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
Quantose IR is a laboratory-developed test (LDT) used to identify insulin resistance, a critical pathophysiological state underlying several chronic conditions, which include prediabetes, type 2 diabetes, polycystic ovary syndrome, hypertension and cardiovascular disease. The test will initially be made available in Spain with international expansion planned in 2016. The agreement also provides SYNLAB Group an option to commercialize new Metabolon precision medicine and diagnostics products as they become available.
“Combining SYNLAB Group’s expertise and marketing strength in clinical laboratory services with Metabolon’s technology gives physicians and their patients access to advanced, new laboratory medicine,” stated John Ryals, Ph.D., CEO at Metabolon. “This collaboration between our two companies is an important step toward making Quantose IR and future precision medicine and diagnostics products widely available across the globe.”
Insulin resistance status can be a cornerstone of successful disease prevention and management. If caught early, physicians and patients can work together to prevent type 2 diabetes and other serious health conditions. Knowing the unique insulin resistance score for each patient enables physicians to identify and better manage individuals at the greatest risk for disease development or progression.
“Product innovation is key to SYNLAB’s objective of making medical innovation quickly available to medical experts and their patients. Working with Metabolon and licensing the Quantose IR technology adds another innovative offering to our laboratory services,” said Dr. Santiago Valor, Chief Medical Officer at SYNLAB Group. “The detection of insulin resistance will enable physicians to identify patients earlier for disease prevention and stratify patients by risk of disease progression.”
About Quantose IR
Quantose IR is a laboratory-developed test (LDT) that identifies insulin resistance, an underlying cause of type 2 diabetes. Insulin resistance can be seen up to 10 years in advance of changes in glucose. This blood test is based on insulin and three non-glycemic biomarkers. By reflecting insulin resistance, Quantose IR provides physicians with useful information that stratifies patients by level of insulin sensitivity for appropriate intervention and monitoring. To learn more, please visit www.Quantose.com.
Metabolon, Inc. is the world’s leading health technology company focused on metabolomics – a powerful tool for assessing health. Its proprietary platforms and informatics are delivering biomarker discoveries, innovative diagnostic tests, breakthroughs in precision medicine, and ground-breaking partnerships in genomics-based health initiatives. Metabolon’s expertise is also accelerating research and product development across the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, consumer products, agriculture and nutrition industries, as well as academic and government organizations. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, the company has conducted more than 5,000 independent and collaborative studies, resulting in over 550 peer-reviewed publications. For more information, please visit www.metabolon.com or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter.
About SYNLAB Group
SYNLAB Group, market leader in laboratory services in Europe, offers the full range of innovative and reliable medical diagnostics for patients, practicing doctors, clinics and the pharmaceutical industry. Providing the leading level of service within the industry, SYNLAB is the partner of choice for healthcare professionals. 13,000 employees carry out around 450 million laboratory tests per year, achieving sales revenues of approx. EUR 1.5 billion. SYNLAB operates in 35 countries across four continents and is constantly expanding the geographic footprint. More information can be found on www.synlab.com.
Cautionary Note about Forward-Looking Statements
The materials provided herein that are not historical facts are or might constitute projections and other forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve substantial risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If any of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or if any of these assumptions prove to be incorrect, Metabolon’s results could differ materially from the results expressed or implied by any forward-looking statements. The risks, uncertainties and assumptions referred to above include, but are not limited to: the uncertainties inherent in biochemical research and development; decisions by regulatory authorities regarding whether and when to approve diagnostic tests; the clinical utility of Metabolon’s metabolomic services; Metabolon’s and its distributors’ ability to successfully commercialize and market both new and existing products; governmental laws and regulations affecting health care, including access, pricing and reimbursement of diagnostic tests; the strength of Metabolon’s intellectual property portfolio; Metabolon’s history of operating losses; whether Metabolon is able to achieve or sustain profitability; its highly competitive industry; its ability to compete effectively; security and privacy risks; and Metabolon’s ability to continue to innovate and provide products and services that are useful to its clients, among other risks, uncertainties and assumptions.
Vice President, Corporate Communications & Investor Relations
Group Head of Marketing & Communications
SYNLAB International GmbH
+49 821 521 57 670
Record changed: 2017-01-05
More documents for Metabolon (Group)
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (12/5/16). "Press Release: Metabolon Raises Additional $15 Million in Funding from Essex Woodlands". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (9/28/16). "Press Release: Metabolon Launches Meta IMD Test to Speed Diagnosis of Inherited Metabolic Disorders". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (8/11/16). "Press Release: Metabolon Closes $15 Million Financing to Support Precision Medicine Growth Opportunities". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Muses Labs. (7/13/16). "Press Release: Metabolon and Muses Labs Partner to Apply Metabolomics to Alzheimer’s Disease". Raleigh, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (7/6/15). "Press Release: Darin Leigh Joins Metabolon as Chief Commercial Officer". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (6/1/15). "Press Release: Sciex and Metabolon Launch the Lipidyzer Platform for Complete Lipid Analysis, from Sample to Biology". Framingham, MA & Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (3/18/15). "Press Release: Study Shows Quantose IR Measures Insulin Sensitivity Better Than A1C Test for Prediabetes". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (3/5/15). "Press Release: Metabolon Separates Board Chairman & CEO Roles. Independent Director Santo J. Costa Elected Chairman of the Board". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (9/3/14). "Press Release: Metabolon and Baylor College of Medicine Partner to Launch Global Metabolomic-Assisted Pathway Screen (MAPS) for Inborn Errors of Metabolism". Research Triangle Park, NC & Houston, TX....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (5/13/14). "Press Release: Metabolon Enters into Collaboration with GSK". Research Triangle Park, NC....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]