Document › Details
Metabolon, Inc.. (7/10/12). "Press Release: Metabolon Technology Now Available in Germany with Validation of Helmholtz Zentrum München Laboratory". Research Triangle Park, NC.
|Organisation 2||Helmholtz-Zentrum München-Metabolon Joint Metabolomics Laboratory|
|Group||Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft (HGF) (Group)|
|Product 2||mass spectrometry technology|
|Index term||Helmholtz–Metabolon: mass spectrometry technology, 201207– collab Joint Metabolomics Laboratory at Helmholtz Zentrum München in Neuherberg|
|Person||Ryals, John (Metabolon 200510 CEO)|
Metabolon, Inc., a diagnostics and services company offering the industry's leading biochemical profiling technology, announced today that the Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen, Research Center for Environmental Health (www.helmholtz-muenchen.de) in Neuherberg, Germany, has successfully completed Metabolon's validation requirements. This collaboration brings Metabolon's technology platform to Germany.
The Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen-Metabolon Joint Metabolomics Laboratory has successfully passed a series of stringent quality control processes and reviews, and has officially begun operations. Validation of this lab follows closely behind Shanghai Jiao Tong University Lab in China, which received the Company's validation last month. The Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen validation will further expand Metabolon's commercial sample processing scope and gives the Company an important entry into the European market. This comes after the publication of "Human Metabolic Individuality in Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Research" in the journal Nature in 2011, which was carried out by researchers at the Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen, the Wellcome Trust/Sanger Centre, King's College and Metabolon, Inc.
"This is Metabolon's second successful joint lab launch and fully demonstrates the organization's commitment to replicating our mass spectrometry process for the benefit of metabolomics research," stated Metabolon CEO John Ryals.
Metabolon, Inc. has advanced the field of metabolomics by pioneering and patenting the industry's leading biochemical biomarker discovery and profiling platform. It has developed the technology to quickly identify and measure all of the biochemicals in a biological sample through its proprietary global processing method. Through the generation and interpretation of data, this method provides a precise understanding of disease etiology and drug action, and advances personalized medicine beyond what genomics and other approaches can promise. Metabolon's expertise is being embraced by a wide range of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, food and agricultural companies. Metabolytics, its biomarker discovery and analysis business, has completed over 500 client studies and processed over 50,000 samples for customers in 2011 alone. Building on its expertise in biochemistry understanding, Metabolon is also developing proprietary diagnostic tests to determine and track disease progression. For more information about Metabolon, please visit www.metabolon.com or contact Matt Zaske at email@example.com or 919-595-2200.
About Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
The Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen pursues the goal of developing personalized medical approaches for the prevention and therapy of major common diseases such as diabetes and lung diseases. To achieve this, it investigates the interaction of genetics, environmental factors and lifestyle. The Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen has about 2,000 staff members. Its headquarters is located in Neuherberg, north of Munich. It is a member of the Helmholtz Association, a community of 18 scientific-technical and medical-biological research centers with a total of about 31,000 staff members. The non-targeted metabolome analysis is lead by Jerzy Adamski and located at the Genome Analysis Center (http://www.helmholtz-muenchen.de/gac/home/index.html) of the Helmholtz Zentrum München.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Metabolon (Group)
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (12/5/16). "Press Release: Metabolon Raises Additional $15 Million in Funding from Essex Woodlands". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (9/28/16). "Press Release: Metabolon Launches Meta IMD Test to Speed Diagnosis of Inherited Metabolic Disorders". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (8/11/16). "Press Release: Metabolon Closes $15 Million Financing to Support Precision Medicine Growth Opportunities". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Muses Labs. (7/13/16). "Press Release: Metabolon and Muses Labs Partner to Apply Metabolomics to Alzheimer’s Disease". Raleigh, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (3/29/16). "Press Release: Metabolon and Synlab Group Form Commercialization Collaboration for Quantose IR Diagnostic". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (7/6/15). "Press Release: Darin Leigh Joins Metabolon as Chief Commercial Officer". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (6/1/15). "Press Release: Sciex and Metabolon Launch the Lipidyzer Platform for Complete Lipid Analysis, from Sample to Biology". Framingham, MA & Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (3/18/15). "Press Release: Study Shows Quantose IR Measures Insulin Sensitivity Better Than A1C Test for Prediabetes". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (3/5/15). "Press Release: Metabolon Separates Board Chairman & CEO Roles. Independent Director Santo J. Costa Elected Chairman of the Board". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (9/3/14). "Press Release: Metabolon and Baylor College of Medicine Partner to Launch Global Metabolomic-Assisted Pathway Screen (MAPS) for Inborn Errors of Metabolism". Research Triangle Park, NC & Houston, TX....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]