Document › Details
Metabolon, Inc.. (6/9/11). "Press Release: Metabolomics Study Provides Insight into Ovary Metabolome and Cancer-associated Metabolic Changes Report Investigators from University of Louisville and Mebabolon". Research Triangle Park, NC.
|Region||United States (USA)|
Metabolon, Inc., the leader in metabolomics, biomarker discovery and analysis, announces the publication of "Identification of Metabolites in the Normal Ovary and Their Transformation in Primary and Metastatic Ovarian Cancer", in PLOS One (PLoS ONE 6(5): 319963.). The application of non-targeted biochemical profiling (metabolomics) to human ovary tissue revealed altered metabolism in primary epithelial ovarian cancer (EOC) and metastatic tumors resulting from primary ovarian cancer (MOC). The study provides the first catalog of the metabolome of the human ovary and how cancer changes its composition. The work was carried out by co-authors Miranda Y. Fong and Sham S. Kakar from the University of Louisville, Louisville, KY in collaboration with Metabolon scientists.
The human ovary metabolome was found to contain over 360 metabolites. Significant changes in energy utilization and an enhanced oxidative stress response coincided with primary epithelial ovarian cancer and metastatic tumors. In addition, N-acetylaspartate and N-acetyl-aspartyl-glutamate, novel metabolites in the ovary, were identified, although the role of these molecules in ovarian physiology has not yet been determined. The biochemical changes observed provide insight into the biochemical consequences of transformation and provide candidate biomarkers of ovarian oncogenesis. Future validation studies will determine the clinical utility of these observations for diagnosis and clinical management of ovarian cancer patients.
Copies of the paper can be accessed:
Metabolon, Inc. has advanced the field of metabolomics by pioneering and patenting the industry's leading biochemical biomarker discovery and profiling platform. It has developed the technology to quickly identify and measure all of the biochemicals in a biological sample through its proprietary global processing method. Through the generation and interpretation of data, this method provides a precise understanding of disease etiology and drug action, and advances personalized medicine beyond what genomics and other approaches can promise. Metabolon's expertise is being embraced by a wide range of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, food and agricultural companies. Metabolytics, its biomarker discovery and analysis business, has completed over 320 client studies and processed over 30,000 samples for customers in 2010 alone. Building on its expertise in biochemistry understanding, Metabolon is also developing proprietary diagnostic tests to determine and track disease progression. For more information about Metabolon, please visit www.metabolon.com or contact Matt Zaske email@example.com at (919) 595-2200.
Lippert/Heilshorn & Assoc.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Metabolon (Group)
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (12/5/16). "Press Release: Metabolon Raises Additional $15 Million in Funding from Essex Woodlands". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (9/28/16). "Press Release: Metabolon Launches Meta IMD Test to Speed Diagnosis of Inherited Metabolic Disorders". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (8/11/16). "Press Release: Metabolon Closes $15 Million Financing to Support Precision Medicine Growth Opportunities". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Muses Labs. (7/13/16). "Press Release: Metabolon and Muses Labs Partner to Apply Metabolomics to Alzheimer’s Disease". Raleigh, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (3/29/16). "Press Release: Metabolon and Synlab Group Form Commercialization Collaboration for Quantose IR Diagnostic". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (7/6/15). "Press Release: Darin Leigh Joins Metabolon as Chief Commercial Officer". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (6/1/15). "Press Release: Sciex and Metabolon Launch the Lipidyzer Platform for Complete Lipid Analysis, from Sample to Biology". Framingham, MA & Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (3/18/15). "Press Release: Study Shows Quantose IR Measures Insulin Sensitivity Better Than A1C Test for Prediabetes". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (3/5/15). "Press Release: Metabolon Separates Board Chairman & CEO Roles. Independent Director Santo J. Costa Elected Chairman of the Board". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (9/3/14). "Press Release: Metabolon and Baylor College of Medicine Partner to Launch Global Metabolomic-Assisted Pathway Screen (MAPS) for Inborn Errors of Metabolism". Research Triangle Park, NC & Houston, TX....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]