Document › Details
Metrohm. (2/13/13). "Press Release: Metrohm and Foss Enter Strategic Alliance".
|Organisation||FOSS NIRSystems Inc.|
|Today||Metrohm NIRSystems (division of Metrohm USA)|
|Product||near-infrared spetrometer (NIR spectrometer)|
|Product 2||ion exchange chromatography (ion chromatography)|
|Person||Fässler, Christoph (Metrohm 201107 CEO)|
|Person 2||Ladegaard, Torben (FOSS 201302 CEO)|
Metrohm and FOSS have entered into a strategic alliance strengthening the two companies' leading positions in their respective key markets. In this strategic alliance, Metrohm will become the sole global distributor of FOSS NIR instruments for the chemical, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, and environmental sectors. "Metrohm will extend its product offering beyond the company's traditional focus on solutions for wet-chemistry analytical techniques thereby benefiting our customers with new possibilities both in laboratory and process analysis", said Dr. Christoph Fässler, CEO of Metrohm.
FOSS will continue its strong R&D program within NIR technology and manufacturing for both companies. "The strategic alliance allows FOSS to focus its NIR business on the Food & Agricultural industries that we have served for more than 50 years, while continuing our leading position within NIR technology - and making this technology available to a broader customer base", said Torben Ladegaard, CEO of FOSS.
Under the deal, FOSS NIRSystems, Inc., based in Laurel, MD, USA, will become a division of Metrohm USA to be named Metrohm NIRSystems. "With Metrohm's strong worldwide presence, commitment to the pharmaceutical and chemical industries, and with this investment in NIR the alliance allows us to further grow our business within these sectors and provide our customers with a steady stream of new innovative NIR products and the highest level of support", said Dr. Philip Irving, President of FOSS NIRSystems. The global NIR instrument business for these sectors will continue to be run by the Metrohm NIRSystems division of Metrohm USA.
Family-owned FOSS is the world's leading supplier of dedicated analytical solutions that ensure optimal quality and production of food and agricultural products. FOSS solutions analyze and control products during production - helping to optimize both quality and profit. FOSS has manufacturing and research and development facilities in Denmark, Sweden and China with headquarters in Hilleroed, Denmark. Solutions are sold and supported through 27 FOSS sales and service companies in Europe, Americas and Asia/Pacific, as well as through an extensive global network of distributors. Read more on www.foss.dk.
Metrohm is a leading manufacturer of instruments for chemical analysis. Metrohm is unique in offering solutions for all varieties of ion analysis (potentiometric and Karl Fischer titration, voltammetry, ion chromatography, pH, ion, conductivity, and stability measurement). Besides this, the Metrohm portfolio also includes software, dosing systems and solutions for laboratory automation. Metrohm is owned 100% by the Swiss Metrohm foundation and is represented in 80 countries by their own subsidiaries or exclusive distributors, respectively. Customers are supported with unparalleled application know-how and service. Read more on www.metrohm.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Metrohm (Group)
-  Metrohm. (3/4/16). "Press Release: Metrohm Acquires Majority of Snowy Range Instruments (SnRI)"....
-  Metrohm. (1/15/16). "Press Release: Metrohm IC System «Empowered» by Waters «Empower 3» Software"....
-  From »The Analytical Scientist« (Issue 22, November 2014). (11/14). "Three Gurus of Ion Chromatography: An Interview with Paul Haddad, Markus Läubli and Joachim Weiss"....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (11/6/14). "Press Release: Analytik Jena Establishes Subsidiary in India". Jena & New Delhi....
-  Metrohm. (7/17/14). "Press Release: New Waters «Empower» Software Integrates Metrohm Ion Chromatography Systems"....
-  Metrohm. (9/2/13). "Press Release: New »Work Horse« for Routine Analysis – Metrohm Introduces 930 Compact IC Flex Ion Chromatograph"....
-  Metrohm. (9/2/13). "Press Release: 940 Professional IC Vario – Metrohm Launches New High-performance Ion Chromatography System"....
-  Deutsche Metrohm GmbH & Co. KG. (1/22/13). "Pressemitteilung: Neue Geschäftsleitungen bei Methrom Deutschland"....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (10/19/12). "Press Release: New Combustion Module from Analytik Jena Offers Additional Applications for Ion Chromatography"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]