Document › Details
MicroConstants, Inc.. (6/10/10). "Press Release: MicroConstants Expands Its GLP Bioanalytical Capacity and Broadens Business Development into the East Coast". San Diego, CA.
|Region||San Diego, CA|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation 2||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Product||Xevo® TQ mass spectrometer|
|Product 2||ACQUITY UPLC (Ultra Performance LC™) system|
|Index term||MicroConstants–Waters: mass spectrometer, 201006 supply installation of 2nd Xevo TQ MS system w ACQUITY UPLC system|
|Person||Beyerlein, David F. (MicroConstants 201006 VP Global Operations)|
|Person 2||Raees, Sam (MicroConstants 201006– East Coast Business Development Manager)|
MicroConstants, Inc., a bioanalytical and pharmacokinetic-specialty Contract Research Organization (CRO) in San Diego, California, announces the continued expansion of its bioanalytical capacity through the addition of a second Waters Xevo TQ MS system. The CRO has also appointed a new East Coast business development manager to actively pursue new business opportunities in that region.
MicroConstants recently completed the installation of a second Waters Xevo TQ MS system coupled with a Waters Acquity UPLC system, increasing their bioanalytical services capacity. With these new systems, bioanalytical methods can be easily transferred to MicroConstants with little or no modification. In many cases, lower limits of detection will be achievable when properly optimized on the Waters system. The addition of the new mass spectrometer increases the equipment count at its San Diego laboratory to 16 LC/MS/MS systems.
"With two identical Xevo LC/MS/MS systems, we have doubled our capacity for the high-sensitivity methods currently validated on our first Xevo which was installed last fall," says David F. Beyerlein, vice president of global operations at MicroConstants. "The acquisition of the second system also allows our expedited sample analysis to continue uninterrupted during our scheduled quarterly preventative maintenance."
The expansion of MicroConstants' bioanalytical capacity also included the transition of a portion of the Formulation Analysis Department to the existing Bioanalytical Chemistry Team. This move was in response to several clients successfully progressing their drug development programs from IND-enabling toxicology studies into the clinic. Consequently, the capacity for the analysis of test articles from GLP toxicology studies has been temporarily reduced to match project needs. The transition has not had an effect on the company's growing Drug Metabolism or Immunoassay departments which will continue to expand, along with their bioanalytical services, based on the growing demands in the market.
Additionally, MicroConstants recently appointed Sam Raees as their new East Coast business development manager. Sam's primary goal will be to generate new business with pharmaceutical and biotech companies developing new chemical entities (NCEs) on the East Coast of the United States. MicroConstants has supported several clients in this region by providing contract research services to help advance their drug development programs; however, they are now actively pursuing new clients in this territory. This expansion of MicroConstants' business development team will further the company's mission of becoming the recognized leader in bioanalytical and pharmacokinetic analysis.
About MicroConstants, Inc.
MicroConstants is a GLP-compliant Contract Research Organization (CRO) dedicated to providing premier quality GLP bioanalytical services, IND-enabling drug metabolism (DMPK) assays, immunoassay and biomarker analysis, and pharmacokinetics analysis services to pharmaceutical and biotech companies worldwide. They are the largest bioanalytical LC/MS/MS service provider on the West Coast, and specialize in method development, method validation and sample analysis to support preclinical and clinical drug development studies. For more information about MicroConstants or the contract research services they provide, please visit http://www.microconstants.com.
For more information, contact:
+1 (866) 232-9497
# # #
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for MicroConstants (Group)
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (5/26/11). "Press Release: MicroConstants China Receives Endorsement of OECD GLP Compliance". Beijing....
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (3/2/11). "Press Release: MicroConstants Completes Installation of Latest LC/MS/MS Technology to Achieve Improved Sensitivity in Bioanalytical Method Development". San Diego, CA....
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (11/5/10). "Press Release: MicroConstants China Receives CNAS (ISO-17025) Accreditation". Beijing....
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (10/21/10). "Press Release: MicroConstants Celebrates National Chemistry Week by Teaching San Diego High School Students about the Drug Development Process". San Diego, CA....
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (6/24/10). "Corporate Information by E-Mail: MicroConstants, Inc."....
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (4/30/10). "Press Release: MicroConstants China Enters Collaboration Agreement with Institute of Zoology, Kunming, to Promote Primate Research and Develop Novel Drug Candidates". Kunming....
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (4/26/10). Web Site > Company. About – Management – Facilities –Equipment. [http://www.microconstants.com, 06/24/10]...
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (3/8/10). "Press Release: MicroConstants Now Offers Nanoparticle Formulation Services. Unveils New Service Offering at the Society of Toxicology’s 2010 Annual Meeting & ToxExpo". Salt Lake City, UT....
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (11/20/09). "Press Release: MicroConstants China Participates in the NIH Clinical Pharmacology Training Program. David Yang, President of MicroConstants China, Discusses Regulatory Policies". Beijing....
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (11/2/09). "Press Release: MicroConstants Welcomes Ron Shevock as Director of Business Development". San Diego, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]