Document › Details
MicroConstants, Inc.. (2/4/09). "Press Release: Q-Tof LC/MS/MS System. MicroConstants Inc Announces the Addition of a Q-ToF LC/MS/MS System". San Diego, CA.
|Region||San Diego, CA|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||MicroConstants China Inc.|
|Organisation 2||Micromass (Waters Division)|
|Product||Q-TOF mass spectrometer (Micromass/Waters)|
|Product 2||ACQUITY UPLC (Ultra Performance LC™) system|
|Index term||MicroConstants–Waters: mass spectrometer|
|Person||McMahon, Heather (MicroConstants 201006 MarCom Specialist)|
MicroConstants Inc, a Pharmacokinetic specialty Contract Research Organization (CRO) based in San Diego, California, announces today that it has successfully completed the installation and qualification of a Micromass Q-Tof mass spectrometer system from Waters.
Waters' Micromass Q-Tof is a mass spectrometer which enables exact mass measurement for enhanced performance in MS and MS/MS with mass accuracy up to 2 ppm. The instrument features optimized resolution, patented ion optics for the highest sensitivity, a quadrupole mass filter and a collision cell for MS/MS analyses. This powerful combination delivers simple exact mass measurement of precursor and fragment ions with maximum sensitivity to yield the highest confidence in structure elucidation.
The Q-Tof is installed with Metabolynx XS software to facilitate the interpretation of the full scan data sets and the identification of potential metabolites. The software also includes isotope modeling and fragmentation simulation tools for detailed structure analysis and assignment. The Waters Acquity UPLC connected to the instrument delivers unmatched chromatographic resolution with the ability to use 1.7 um particle size columns. The UPLC is installed with a photodiode array detector for simultaneous acquisition of UV and mass spectral data.
Dr. David Johnson, director of preclinical drug discovery at MicroConstants, is extremely excited about the system installation. "We are now able to provide more definitive metabolite profiling and identification for in vitro experiments such as hepatocyte and microsome incubations. Additionally, we now have the sensitivity to extend our studies to plasma samples from dosed animals or humans."
The system is also ideal for impurity analysis of active pharmaceuticals, and the quantitation of compounds with difficult background problems in plasma when using LC/MS/MS.
MicroConstants, Inc. is a privately held CRO providing high quality DMPK and GLP bioanalytical services to the pharmaceutical and biotech industry. Established in 1998 in San Diego, MicroConstants has provided discovery pharmacokinetics and GLP bioanalysis services to over 100 customers worldwide. In 2007, MicroConstants established its operation in Beijing, China to bring USFDA GLP-compliant bioanalytical services to those customers who are conducting preclinical and clinical PK studies in China. For more information about MicroConstants or our services, please visit our website at http://www.microconstants.com.
For more information, contact:
+1 (866) 232-9497
# # #
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for MicroConstants (Group)
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (5/26/11). "Press Release: MicroConstants China Receives Endorsement of OECD GLP Compliance". Beijing....
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (3/2/11). "Press Release: MicroConstants Completes Installation of Latest LC/MS/MS Technology to Achieve Improved Sensitivity in Bioanalytical Method Development". San Diego, CA....
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (11/5/10). "Press Release: MicroConstants China Receives CNAS (ISO-17025) Accreditation". Beijing....
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (10/21/10). "Press Release: MicroConstants Celebrates National Chemistry Week by Teaching San Diego High School Students about the Drug Development Process". San Diego, CA....
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (6/24/10). "Corporate Information by E-Mail: MicroConstants, Inc."....
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (6/10/10). "Press Release: MicroConstants Expands Its GLP Bioanalytical Capacity and Broadens Business Development into the East Coast". San Diego, CA....
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (4/30/10). "Press Release: MicroConstants China Enters Collaboration Agreement with Institute of Zoology, Kunming, to Promote Primate Research and Develop Novel Drug Candidates". Kunming....
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (4/26/10). Web Site > Company. About – Management – Facilities –Equipment. [http://www.microconstants.com, 06/24/10]...
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (3/8/10). "Press Release: MicroConstants Now Offers Nanoparticle Formulation Services. Unveils New Service Offering at the Society of Toxicology’s 2010 Annual Meeting & ToxExpo". Salt Lake City, UT....
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (11/20/09). "Press Release: MicroConstants China Participates in the NIH Clinical Pharmacology Training Program. David Yang, President of MicroConstants China, Discusses Regulatory Policies". Beijing....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]