Document › Details
MicroConstants, Inc.. (3/2/11). "Press Release: MicroConstants Completes Installation of Latest LC/MS/MS Technology to Achieve Improved Sensitivity in Bioanalytical Method Development". San Diego, CA.
|Region||San Diego, CA|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation 2||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Product||Xevo® TQ-S mass spectrometry system|
|Product 2||mass spectrometry services (MS services)|
|Index term||MicroConstants–Waters: mass spectrometer, 201006 supply installation of 2nd Xevo TQ MS system w ACQUITY UPLC system|
|Person||Beyerlein, David F. (MicroConstants 201006 VP Global Operations)|
|Person 2||McMahon, Heather (MicroConstants 201006 MarCom Specialist)|
MicroConstants, Inc., a bioanalytical and pharmacokinetic-specialty Contract Research Organization (CRO) in San Diego, California, announces today that it has successfully completed the installation and qualification of a new Xevo® TQ-S tandem mass spectrometer from Waters Corporation. The unparalleled speed, sensitivity and accuracy of this new LC/MS/MS system will allow MicroConstants to quantify compounds at lower concentrations than previously possible and enable the development of more robust bioanalytical methods for even the most analytically complex compounds.
The Xevo® TQ-S tandem mass spectrometer was released in September of 2010 and this state-of-the-art LC/MS/MS system further increases the high sensitivity provided by the previous model, the Xevo® TQ MS, which MicroConstants acquired last June. The addition of this new system brings MicroConstants equipment count to a total of 16 LC/MS/MS systems at their San Diego bioanalytical laboratory.
When compared to earlier generation mass spectrometer models, MicroConstants experienced a forty fold increase in sensitivity with compounds tested internally in negative electrospray ionization mode. The significant increase in sensitivity can be attributed primarily to the system's new StepWave™ ion-transfer technology. This off-axis design dramatically increases the efficiency of ion transfer from the ion source to the quadrupole MS analyzer while at the same time actively eliminating undesirable neutral contaminants.
"Over the years, MicroConstants has gained a reputation for having the ability to develop bioanalytical methods for complex compounds when others have been unsuccessful in doing so," said David Beyerlein, vice president of global operations at MicroConstants. "This new LC/MS/MS system will allow our innovative method development team to improve methods and speed up method development for analytically complex compounds to help advance our clients' drug development programs."
About MicroConstants, Inc.
MicroConstants is a specialty Contract Research Organization (CRO) in San Diego, California that provides GLP-compliant bioanalytical research services, IND-enabling drug metabolism (DMPK) assays, ELISA immunoassay and pharmacokinetic analysis services to pharmaceutical and biotech companies developing new chemical entities worldwide. They specialize in method development, method validation and sample analysis of small molecules, proteins and peptides using LC/MS/MS, HPLC/UV and ELISA for preclinical and clinical drug development studies. For more information about MicroConstants and the contract research services they provide, please visit http://www.microconstants.com.
For more information, contact:
+1 (858) 652-4600
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for MicroConstants (Group)
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (5/26/11). "Press Release: MicroConstants China Receives Endorsement of OECD GLP Compliance". Beijing....
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (11/5/10). "Press Release: MicroConstants China Receives CNAS (ISO-17025) Accreditation". Beijing....
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (10/21/10). "Press Release: MicroConstants Celebrates National Chemistry Week by Teaching San Diego High School Students about the Drug Development Process". San Diego, CA....
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (6/24/10). "Corporate Information by E-Mail: MicroConstants, Inc."....
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (6/10/10). "Press Release: MicroConstants Expands Its GLP Bioanalytical Capacity and Broadens Business Development into the East Coast". San Diego, CA....
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (4/30/10). "Press Release: MicroConstants China Enters Collaboration Agreement with Institute of Zoology, Kunming, to Promote Primate Research and Develop Novel Drug Candidates". Kunming....
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (4/26/10). Web Site > Company. About – Management – Facilities –Equipment. [http://www.microconstants.com, 06/24/10]...
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (3/8/10). "Press Release: MicroConstants Now Offers Nanoparticle Formulation Services. Unveils New Service Offering at the Society of Toxicology’s 2010 Annual Meeting & ToxExpo". Salt Lake City, UT....
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (11/20/09). "Press Release: MicroConstants China Participates in the NIH Clinical Pharmacology Training Program. David Yang, President of MicroConstants China, Discusses Regulatory Policies". Beijing....
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (11/2/09). "Press Release: MicroConstants Welcomes Ron Shevock as Director of Business Development". San Diego, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]