Document › Details
MicroConstants, Inc.. (10/21/10). "Press Release: MicroConstants Celebrates National Chemistry Week by Teaching San Diego High School Students about the Drug Development Process". San Diego, CA.
|Region||San Diego, CA|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation 2||American Chemical Society (ACS)|
|Product 2||analytical services|
|Person||McMahon, Heather (MicroConstants 201006 MarCom Specialist)|
In honor of National Chemistry Week (NCW), MicroConstants, a bioanalytical and pharmacokinetic-specialty Contract Research Organization (CRO) in San Diego, California, has joined with Herbert Hoover High School to help raise awareness of the significance of chemistry in our everyday lives.
National Chemistry Week is a community-based annual event organized by the American Chemical Society (ACS) to unite local ACS sections, businesses, schools and individuals in communicating the importance of chemistry to our quality of life. This year, MicroConstants is participating by demonstrating to local high school students the roles that chemistry and chemists play in developing new drugs to fight disease and help improve people's lives everyday. The goal is to show students at Hoover High that studying chemistry can lead to many exciting careers and opportunities. MicroConstants will also be donating laboratory equipment to Hoover High's science department to provide students with some of the supplies they need to support their chemistry education.
On Friday, October 22, 2010, MicroConstants staff scientist Daniel Dolan will be at Hoover High, one of San Diego oldest public high schools commemorating their 80th anniversary, to give a presentation on the drug development process to Mr. Robert North's Medicinal Chemistry class. "Hoover High School is very appreciative of MicroConstants' commitment to providing Hoover students with an insight into the world of chemistry," says Mr. North. This class is part of the FACES for the Future program which is designed to prepare students for college and careers in healthcare.
About National Chemistry Week
National Chemistry Week is an annual event celebrated during the fourth week of October to raise public awareness of the importance of chemistry in everyday life. It's coordinated by the American Chemical Society and each year more than 10,000 volunteers and dozens of chemical companies donate their time, creativity, materials and funds for NCW. Please visit the National Chemistry Week website to find out more.
About MicroConstants, Inc.
MicroConstants is a Contract Research Organization (CRO) is San Diego, California that provides GLP-compliant bioanalytical services, IND-enabling drug metabolism assays, immunoassay and pharmacokinetic analysis services to pharmaceutical and biotech companies developing new chemical entities worldwide. They specialize in method development, method validation and sample analysis of small molecules, proteins and peptides using LC/MS/MS, HPLC/UV and ELISA. For more information about MicroConstants and the contract research services they provide, please visit http://www.microconstants.com.
For more information, contact:
+1 (858) 652-4600
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for MicroConstants (Group)
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (5/26/11). "Press Release: MicroConstants China Receives Endorsement of OECD GLP Compliance". Beijing....
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (3/2/11). "Press Release: MicroConstants Completes Installation of Latest LC/MS/MS Technology to Achieve Improved Sensitivity in Bioanalytical Method Development". San Diego, CA....
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (11/5/10). "Press Release: MicroConstants China Receives CNAS (ISO-17025) Accreditation". Beijing....
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (6/24/10). "Corporate Information by E-Mail: MicroConstants, Inc."....
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (6/10/10). "Press Release: MicroConstants Expands Its GLP Bioanalytical Capacity and Broadens Business Development into the East Coast". San Diego, CA....
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (4/30/10). "Press Release: MicroConstants China Enters Collaboration Agreement with Institute of Zoology, Kunming, to Promote Primate Research and Develop Novel Drug Candidates". Kunming....
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (4/26/10). Web Site > Company. About – Management – Facilities –Equipment. [http://www.microconstants.com, 06/24/10]...
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (3/8/10). "Press Release: MicroConstants Now Offers Nanoparticle Formulation Services. Unveils New Service Offering at the Society of Toxicology’s 2010 Annual Meeting & ToxExpo". Salt Lake City, UT....
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (11/20/09). "Press Release: MicroConstants China Participates in the NIH Clinical Pharmacology Training Program. David Yang, President of MicroConstants China, Discusses Regulatory Policies". Beijing....
-  MicroConstants, Inc.. (11/2/09). "Press Release: MicroConstants Welcomes Ron Shevock as Director of Business Development". San Diego, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]