Document › Details
1st Detect Corporation. (5/20/08). "Press Release: 1st Detect Product Earns Safety Act Designation from U.S. Department of Homeland Security". Houston, TX.
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||1st Detect Corporation|
|Organisation 2||Department of Homeland Security (US)|
|Group||United States (govt)|
|Product||1st Detect Miniature Chemical Detector|
|Product 2||ion trap mass spectrometer|
SPACEHAB Inc., (NASDAQ: SPAB) today announced its receipt of a formal Developmental Testing and Evaluation (DT&E) Designation from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security for the Company's new in house developed Miniature Mass Spectrometer (MMS) technology named "1st Detect."
The designation was instituted by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to encourage the development of 'promising anti-terrorism technologies' by providing legal liability protections under the Support Anti- terrorism by Fostering Effective Technologies Act of 2002, or the SAFETY Act. The designation letter that was received April 10, 2008, states "SPACEHAB, Incorporated's Miniature Mass Spectrometer is such a technology."
Through its new subsidiary, SPACETECH, the Company has been developing the MMS, a trace chemical analyzer capable of detecting residues and vapors from explosives, chemical warfare agents, and toxic chemicals. The MMS samples ambient air and measures the constituent chemicals using ion-trap mass spectrometry. The technology, which also includes proprietary software used for accurate chemical identification is being targeted for use and applications to the homeland security, defense and industrial uses.
SPACETECH will debut its MMS product at the 56th Annual Conference American Society for Mass Spectometry (ASMS) Conference in Denver, Colorado, June 2 - 5, 2008. More than 6,500 scientists from around the world congregate at the ASMS conference every year drawing together significant research, developments and products in the field of mass spectrometry.
About 1st Detect Corporation
1st Detect Corporation was formed by Astrotech Corporation (Nasdaq: ASTC) to commercialize miniature-mass spectrometer technology first developed for the International Space Station (ISS). 1st Detect offers the Miniature Chemical Detector, a breakthrough device in mass spectrometry that fills a niche by being highly accurate, lightweight, battery-powered, durable and inexpensive. The 1st Detect ion trap based design is roughly the size of a shoe box, weighs approximately 12 pounds, and is capable of battery operation. Additionally, the Miniature Chemical Detector is capable of detecting residues and vapors from explosives, chemical warfare agents, toxic chemicals, food and beverage contamination, illicit drugs and pollution. It is also very sensitive, accurate, and fast which provides orders of magnitude better informing power than competing products. For more information about 1st Detect, please see our website at www.1stDetect.com
About Astrotech Corporation
Astrotech Corporation is one of the first commercial space companies and remains a strong entrepreneurial leader in the aerospace industry.The company servces our government and commercial satellite and spacecraft customers with our pre-launch services from our Astrotech Space Operations subsidiary. Additionally, the Company incubates space technology businesses, now having formed three companies; the 1st Detect Corporation which is developing a breakthrough mini-mass spectrometer first created for the International Space Station; Astrogenetix, Inc. which is producing biotech products in space and has recently developed a vaccine candidate for Salmonella; and Airward Corporation which is drawing on its space heritage of sending cargo to space and is selling hazardous material containers for the airline industry.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Astrotech (Group)
-  1st Detect Corporation. (9/27/16). "Press Release: 1st Detect, an Astrotech Subsidiary, Strengthens IP Portfolio. Granted U.S. Patent for Fast, Highly Sensitive Chemical Analysis without Sample Preparation". Austin, TX....
-  1st Detect Corporation. (8/23/16). "Press Release: Astrotech’s 1st Detect and Battelle Collaboration Awarded Phase III of the DOD’s JPEO-CBD Next Generation Chemical Datection Solution". Austin, TX....
-  Astrotech Corporation. (12/4/14). "Press Release: Astrotech’s 1st Detect Appoints Seasoned Industry Executive Bob Kibler as CEO". Austin, TX....
-  Astrotech Corporation. (11/19/14). "Press Release: Astrotech’s 1st Detect Announces OEM-1000PI Awarded RoHS Compliance Certification". Austin, TX....
-  Astrotech Corporation. (11/18/14). "Press Release: Astrotech’s 1st Detect Announces European CE Certification for MMS-1000". Austin, TX....
-  Astrotech Corporation. (11/14/14). "Press Release: Astrotech Reports First Quarter 2015 Financial Results". Austin, TX....
-  Astrotech Corporation. (11/12/14). "Press Release: Astrotech’s 1st Detect Announces Its Successful Introduction of the iONTRAC at the Gulf Coast Conference". Austin, TX....
-  1st Detect Corporation. (1/29/14). "Press Release: 1st Detect Corp Announces OEM Agreement". Austin, TX....
-  1st Detect Corporation. (12/10/13). "Press Release: 1st Detect Awarded U.S. Patent for Novel Mass Spectrometer Design". Austin, TX....
-  1st Detect Corporation. (12/13/12). "Press Release: 1st Detect Awarded U.S. Patent for Novel Mass Spectrometer Ion Trap Control Technology". Austin, TX....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]