Document › Details
MRM Proteomics Inc.. (10/9/13). "Press Release: MRM Proteomics and Agilent Technologies Introduce First Commercial Kits for Quality Control of MRM-based Quantitative Plasma Proteomic Workflows". Santa Clara, CA & Vancouver, BC.
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) and MRM Proteomics Inc. today announced the launch of MRM Proteomics' PeptiQuant MRM Assay Kits for quality control in quantitative plasma proteomic analyses based on multiple-reaction monitoring.
The two new kits are designed for use on Agilent's latest-generation standard-flow UHPLC-QQQ MS/MS platform, which consists of the 1290 Infinity UHPLC system and the 6490 triple quadrupole mass spectrometer platform.
MRM Proteomics developed the kits to assist in the inter- and intra-laboratory quality control of MRM experiments in conjunction with stable isotope-labeled standards:
> The PeptiQuant LC-MS Platform Performance Kit tests the effectiveness of the LC-MS platform.
> The PeptiQuant Workflow Performance Kit evaluates the performance of an entire LC-MRM-MS analytical workflow in human plasma from denaturation through digestion to detection.
"Mass spectrometry is becoming increasingly important in biomedical and biological research, especially with the launch of large-scale initiatives such as the Human Proteome Project, which depends on mass spectrometry as one of the main technology platforms," said Andrew Munk, CEO of MRM Proteomics. "The mass spec and proteomics communities currently lack standardized protocols and reagents to ensure high-quality data that can be reproduced by laboratories across the world using different mass-spec technologies. Our PeptiQuant™ targeted proteomics Platform and Workflow performance kits will ensure that high-quality data can be reproduced."
"Application of QQQ mass spectrometry to protein quantitation is growing rapidly, and the adoption of this technique will be dependent on robust protocols that can be used in multiple laboratories," said Steven Fischer, director of omics applications for Agilent. "Agilent is pleased to be working with MRM Proteomics to address this need. PeptiQuant kits from MRM Proteomics, combined with Agilent's UHPLC-QQQ MS/MS platform, can be used to ensure high-quality protein quantification data is being produced in labs around the world."
About MRM Proteomics
MRM Proteomics Inc. is a leader in providing advanced protein quantitation, analytical proteomic services and reagents to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and diagnostics industries in key areas such as biomarker discovery/validation and clinical diagnostics development. Information about MRM Proteomics is available at www.mrmproteomics.com.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE:A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, diagnostics, electronics and communications. The company's 20,500 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had revenues of $6.9 billion in fiscal 2012. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
For images related to this press release,
please visit the ImageLibrary (Image #29)
+ 1 408 553 2005
MRM Proteomics Inc.
Andrew Munk, CEO
+1 604 800 2296
Record changed: 2016-12-20
More documents for MRM Proteomics Inc.
-  Cambridge Isotope Laboratories, Inc. (CIL). (2/9/15). "Press Release: Cambridge Isotope Laboratories, Inc. and MRM Proteomics Inc. Sign an Exclusive Worldwide Commercial Supply Agreement for PeptiQuant Kits". Boston, MA & Victoria, BC....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (7/24/14). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Signs Co-marketing Agreement with MRM Proteomics to Advance Quantitative Proteomics Solutions". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Orton, Tyler [Business in Vancouver). (7/11/14). "News: Biotech Firm MRM Proteomics Names New CEO Gary Kruppa"....
-  MRM Proteomics Inc.. (5/15/14). "Press Release: MRM Proteomics Releases New Quality Control Kits for AB Sciex QTRAP 6500 LC-MS/MS"....
-  MRM Proteomics Inc.. (10/16/13). "Press Release: MRM Proteomics and PROOF Centre Collaborate with the Jain Foundation to Identify Blood-based Biomarkers of LGMD2B/Miyoshi Muscular Dystrophy". Vancouver, BC & Seattle, WA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]