Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (4/6/15). "Press Release: UK National Graphene Institute Selects Bruker as Official Partner. World-Leading Graphene Research Facility Purchases Multiple Bruker AFMs". Billerica, MA.
|Region||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Country||United Kingdom (GB)|
|Organisation||Bruker Nano Surfaces (Divison of Bruker Corporation)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||University of Manchester, National Graphene Institute (NGI)|
|Product||Dimension FastScan™ atomic force microscope (AFM)|
|Person||Geim, Andre (Univ Manchester 201504 Nobel Prize for Physics in 2010)|
|Person 2||Scagnetti, Paul (Bruker 201504 President of Nano Surfaces division)|
Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR) today announced an official partnership with the University of Manchester’s National Graphene Institute (NGI), joining a select list of industrial collaborators. This partnership follows NGI’s purchase of two additional atomic force microscopes (AFMs) from Bruker, a Dimension FastScan® and a Dimension Icon®. These systems join five other Bruker AFMs at the facility for research into the nanofabrication and nanoscale properties of graphene. As part of this partnership, Bruker will partially sponsor a Ph.D. student working on novel scanning probe microscopy (SPM) techniques to characterize graphene and 2D materials.
Graphene, the world’s thinnest, strongest and most conductive material, was first isolated and characterized at The University of Manchester by Sir Andre Geim and Sir Kostya Novoselov, who were awarded the Nobel Prize for Physics in 2010 for their research. This transparent, one-atom thick flat sheet of carbon has the potential to revolutionize technology, from smartphones and ultrafast broadband to drug delivery and computer chips. AFMs have demonstrated spatial resolution of less than a nanometer, and enable scientists developing materials such as graphene to understand critical mechanical, electrical, and chemical properties at the atomic scale.
“Our Bruker AFMs are anticipated to provide important new insights into nanoscale variations of graphene conductivity and work function,” said Nobel Prize winner Professor Novoselov. “Coupled with simultaneous quantitative mapping of mechanical properties, enabled by Bruker’s exclusive PeakForce Tapping®, NGI researchers hope to uncover new information that will ultimately optimize the performance of graphene-based materials and devices.”
“We are pleased that the National Graphene Institute continues to rely on our proprietary technology for its new world-class research facility, bringing their total now to seven Bruker systems,” added Paul Scagnetti, Ph.D., President of Bruker’s Nano Surfaces Division. He continued: “We are also gratified to be a part of the UK-wide Centre for Doctoral Training, where our unique AFM technologies will enable the sponsored Ph.D. student to learn even more about the physical and electrical properties of 2D materials under Professor Novoselov.”
About the UK National Graphene Institute
The National Graphene Institute at The University of Manchester, UK, opened in March 2015, creating around 100 new jobs in a new, 7,800 square meter facility that will house state-of-the-art facilities, including two cleanrooms. The Institute will also feature a 1,500 square meter research lab for University of Manchester graphene scientists to collaborate with their colleagues from industry and other universities.
About Bruker Corporation
For more than 50 years, Bruker has enabled scientists to make breakthrough discoveries and develop new applications that improve the quality of human life. Bruker’s high-performance scientific research instruments and high-value analytical solutions enable scientists to explore life and materials at molecular, cellular and microscopic levels.
In close cooperation with our customers, Bruker is enabling innovation, productivity and customer success in life science molecular research, in applied and pharma applications, in microscopy, nano-analysis and industrial applications, as well as in cell biology, preclinical imaging, clinical research, microbiology and molecular diagnostics. For more information, please visit: http://www.bruker.com.
Bruker Nano Surfaces Division
Stephen Hopkins, 1 520-741-1044 x1022
Joshua Young, 1 978-663-3660 x1479
Vice President, Investor Relations
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces New Scientific Instruments and Analytical Solutions at Pittcon 2017". Chicago, IL....
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/3/17). "Press Release: Alcami Invests in Bruker’s D8 Discover HTS System for High-Throughput X-Ray Diffraction Screening in Pharmaceutical Formulation Development". Weert & Karlsruhe....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at Investor Conferences". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Quarterly Dividend". Billerica, MA....
-  University of Warwick. (2/17/17). "Press Release: Molecular Phenomenon Discovered by Advanced NMR Facility"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/13/17). "Press Release: Bruker Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2016 Financial Results". Billerica, MA....
-  Albany Molecular Research, Inc.. (2/7/17). "Press Release: AMRI Announces Strategic Alliance to Advance Mass Spectrometry Capabilities for Drug Discovery". Albany, NY....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces MALDI PharmaPulse 2.0 Solution at SLAS 2017 for 100x Faster Mass Spectrometry-Based, Label-Free Screening in Drug Discovery"....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (2/6/17). "Press Release: One Million Tests a Week – Analytik Jena Optimizes the Process for Ultra High Throughput Screening". Jena & Washington, DC....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/30/17). "Press Release: Bruker and iTomography Corporation Announce License Agreement for iTomo Image Reconstruction Software". Kontich....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]