Document › Details
Life Technologies Corporation. (6/2/09). "Press Release: Applied Biosystems Expands Portfolio of Services to Support Mass Spectrometry Workflows. New Offerings Include AB Sciex 5500 Systems Compliance Services, Remote Monitoring and HPLC Maintenance". Ca
|Organisation||Applied Biosystems (ABI) (unit of Life Technologies)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Shimadzu Corporation|
|Product||AB Sciex QTRAP® 5500 LC/MS/MS System|
|Product 2||HPLC (high performance liquid chromatography)|
Applied Biosystems, a division of Life Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ:LIFE), today announced a set of new services offered through its Global Services organization to better support its mass spectrometry customers. The new services include: compliance services for regulated laboratories to simplify and facilitate deployment of AB SCIEX 5500 systems; an expanded Web-based solution for remote monitoring of the latest Applied Biosystems/MDS Analytical Technologies mass spectrometry systems; and a new maintenance program for high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) systems and auto-samplers, manufactured by Shimadzu Corporation. These specialized services support complete workflows to help laboratories maintain compliance, maximize productivity and better manage integration.
Applied Biosystems is offering these value-added services in response to customer demand to have a single provider of complete workflow solutions for mass spectrometry technologies. These services include:
* End-to-end Shimadzu HPLC/AB SCIEX Mass Spectrometer Maintenance Service - Applied Biosystems Global Services will provide service and support for Shimadzu HPLC instruments and serve as a single point of contact for joint solutions. HPLC instruments are often combined with mass spectrometers to form a complete workflow solution for separating, identifying and quantifying compounds for analysis in high-throughput applications, such as drug discovery.
* Compliance Services for AB SCIEX 5500 Systems - Applied Biosystems is expanding its suite of Compliance Services to simplify and reduce customers' costs associated with the validation of AB SCIEX 5500 Systems to support regulated drug-development applications.
* Smart Services Remote Instrument Monitoring - The AB SCIEX 5500 Systems are now supported by Applied Biosystems Smart Monitoring Service, which provides real-time remote instrument monitoring and diagnostics that help laboratories maximize system uptime, better manage their labs and improve overall productivity.
Applied Biosystems Global Services provides a range of instrument service plans and professional services to help its customers develop customized, application-specific solutions across basic biomedical research, commercial drug discovery research and standardized testing applications.
Mark O'Donnell, Senior Vice President of Global Operations and Services at Life Technologies
"Mass spectrometry users are seeking a single point of support and accountability for a complete workflow-based system. Applied Biosystems Global Services is delivering on its commitment to support end-to-end solutions and helping customers migrate smoothly to new innovations, such as the AB SCIEX 5500 Systems and Cliquid® MPX™ high-throughput solution, in compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards."
Overview of the Global Services organization
About Applied Biosystems Products
Applied Biosystems is a global leader in providing innovative instrument systems to accelerate academic and clinical research, drug discovery and development, pathogen detection and forensic DNA analysis. Applied Biosystems, along with Invitrogen - a leading provider of platform independent, essential life science technologies for disease and drug research, bioproduction and diagnostics - is part of Life Technologies. Applied Biosystems and Invitrogen products are used in nearly every major laboratory in the world. For more information, please visit: www.appliedbiosystems.com and www.invitrogen.com.
About Life Technologies
Life Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ:LIFE) is a global biotechnology tools company dedicated to improving the human condition. Our systems, consumables and services enable researchers to accelerate scientific exploration, driving to discoveries and developments that make life even better. Life Technologies customers do their work across the biological spectrum, working to advance personalized medicine, regenerative science, molecular diagnostics, agricultural and environmental research, and 21st century forensics. Life Technologies had sales of more than $3 billion in 2008, employs approximately 9,500 people, has a presence in more than 100 countries, and possesses a rapidly growing intellectual property estate of approximately 3,600 patents and exclusive licenses. Life Technologies was created by the combination of Invitrogen Corporation and Applied Biosystems Inc. For more information on how we are making a difference please visit our website: www.lifetechnologies.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release includes forward-looking statements about our anticipated results that involve risks and uncertainties. Some of the information contained in this press release, including, but not limited to, statements as to industry trends and Life Technologies' plans, objectives, expectations and strategy for its business, contains forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results or events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Any statements that are not statements of historical fact are forward-looking statements. When used, the words "believe," "plan," "intend," "anticipate," "target," "estimate," "expect" and the like, and/or future tense or conditional constructions ("will," "may," "could," "should," etc.), or similar expressions, identify certain of these forward-looking statements. Important factors which could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements are detailed in filings made by Life Technologies with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Life Technologies undertakes no obligation to update or revise any such forward-looking statements to reflect subsequent events or circumstances.
Copyright 2009. Life Technologies Corporation. All rights reserved. Cliquid is a registered trademark and MPX is a trademark of Applied Biosystems/MDS Analytical Technologies, a joint venture between Applied Biosystems LLC and MDS Inc.
Life Technologies Corporation
Technology Public Relations,
Corporate and Financial Communications,
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]