Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/13/06). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Introduces Most Sensitive Triple Quadrupole Mass Spectrometer in Its Price Class. Instrument Provides Femtogram-level Sensitivity, Reliability and Ease of Use at 30 to 50 Percent
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today introduced its first triple quadrupole liquid chromatograph/mass spectrometer (LC/MS) system, which provides femtogram-level (10-15 grams) sensitivity, new ease-of-use features and Agilent reliability, along with a 30 to 50 percent lower price than competitive instruments in its class. Called the Agilent 6410 Triple Quadrupole LC/MS, it is the latest addition to Agilent's 6000 Series of LC/MS systems.
Regulatory agencies around the world continue to impose more stringent standards for the analysis of complex samples such as: soil or ground water being tested for toxins; foods being tested for pesticides or being certified as organic; blood, urine and oral fluids tested in forensics and sports doping labs; and pharmaceuticals and metabolites in human blood serum being tested as part of a New Drug Application. To meet these standards, customers in pharmaceutical discovery and development, food and environmental testing, forensics, proteomics, and targeted metabolomics increasingly rely on the sensitivity and specificity of triple quadrupole LC/MS to quantify trace levels of products, metabolites and contaminants in complex samples. However, along with the demand for lower detection levels, most labs also face increasing sample workloads and decreasing budgets.
"We designed the 6410 with sensitivity, performance and costs in mind to address the growing challenges of the modern analytical laboratory," said Taia Ergueta, general manager of Agilent's mass spectrometry business. "Our triple quad delivers femtogram-level sensitivity and high sample throughput day after day -- all at a great cost savings to our customers. The 6410 will transform the efficiency and productivity of quantitative MS and allow laboratories to meet the critical needs of their research projects and businesses."
Based on the proven design of Agilent's best-selling single quad MS, the 6410 delivers high performance and reproducible analyses. Ion optics enhance ion transmission and spectral resolution. A new collision cell design optimizes MS/MS fragmentation and eliminates cross-talk without sacrificing signal strength. These features facilitate high-throughput target compound analysis in food safety and environmental applications.
As with all 6000 Series instruments, the 6410 incorporates several features to further maximize uptime and productivity. Agilent's proprietary autotune technology and a wide mass-bandwidth design allow for mass axis and quadrupole resolution calibration at the click of a mouse. These features minimize the time required to tune the mass analyzer and greatly enhance the speed of method development, especially in food safety and environmental applications where the target compound lists can be quite long. The rugged nature of Agilent's source design keeps the internal ion optics clean so that maintenance of the quadrupoles and other internal lenses is rarely required. Finally, compatibility with Agilent's multimode source (simultaneous ESI and APCI) further increases productivity by eliminating the need for repeated experimental runs in complex applications.
The recently released Agilent MassHunter Workstation software provides an integrated, single point of control and data acquisition for the 6410, with powerful real-time monitoring, method set-up, system tuning and mass calibration. This allows users to transform enormous amounts of data into the answers they need.
For more information about the 6410 Triple Quad, contact your sales representative, the Agilent Customer Call Center (phone numbers by country available online at www.chem.agilent.com/scripts/cag_feedback.asp), or visit Agilent online at www.agilent.com/chem/QQQ.
The Agilent 6410 Triple Quadrupole LC/MS is available now, with shipments beginning in the third quarter of 2006.
Agilent in Mass Spectrometry
Agilent is a leading provider of GC/MS, LC/MS and ICP-MS technologies for organic and inorganic spectroscopy. Among the company's key products are the 5973 and 5975 inert MSDs, the 7500 Series ICP-MS systems, and the new Agilent 6000 Series LC/MS triple quadrupole, ion trap, time-of-flight and quadrupole time-of-flight instruments. Agilent provides innovative HPLC-Chip/MS technology and the broadest range of ion sources in the industry. As a leader in separations and software, Agilent can address the entire customer workflow from sample introduction through data analysis.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 20,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenue of $5.1 billion in fiscal 2005. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
For images related to this press release, please visit the ImageLibrary (Image #82)
Weber Shandwick, for Agilent
+1 312 397 6632
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]