Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/11/10). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Announces New Leadership in Biological Systems Division". Santa Clara, CA.
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product 2||LC/MS (liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry)|
|Person||Fjeldsted, John (Agilent 200906 LC/MS RnD Director)|
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced the appointments of Robert Schueren as vice president and general manager, Genomics; and John Fjeldsted, Ph.D., as general manager, Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry.
"The life sciences and biological systems business continues to be a key growth driver for Agilent, and the addition of Robert and John strengthens our current leadership team and positions us well for future success," said Gustavo Salem, vice president and general manager of Agilent's Biological Systems Division.
Schueren will be responsible for all genomics operations, including microarrays, QPCR and life science reagents. Most recently, he was global head of companion diagnostics, clinical biomarker, and sample operations at Genentech/Roche. During his time at Genentech/Roche, Schueren provided strategic leadership in diagnostic-related fields, established multiple external collaborations, led Roche and Genentech integration teams, and streamlined multiple operating groups.
Fjeldsted will be responsible for managing the LC/MS business and driving market share in high-end LC/MS. He has been with Agilent for more than 25 years and played a key role in the tremendous growth of Agilent's LC/MS unit. Most recently, he served as R&D manager for LC/MS as Agilent entered the LC/MS business with triple quadrupole and QTOF mass spectrometers.
Additionally, George Stafford has joined Agilent as LC/MS hardware R&D manager. Most recently, Stafford held the position of R&D program manager, responsible for Thermo Fisher Scientific's LC/MS research programs and university collaborations. Stafford has made countless contributions in various capacities over many years while at Finnigan, Thermo Instruments and Thermo Fisher Scientific. His experience includes fundamental work in negative ion detection to research and product development in ion trap mass spectrometry; ionization and ion dissociation developments; and hybrid instrumentation research.
"To most of us in the LC/MS community, George is well known and respected for his thought leadership, creativity and insight over the past few decades," added Salem.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 17,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $4.5 billion in fiscal 2009. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 553 2005
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]