Document › Details
JEOL USA, Inc.. (10/25/12). "Press Release: Maintaining High Mass Resolution for Tissue Imaging with the JEOL SpiralTOF". Peabody, MA.
|Organisation||JEOL USA Inc.|
|Product||SpiralTOF™ mass spectrometer (product series)|
|Product 2||mass spectrometry imaging (MSI) (MALDI imaging)|
|Person||Corkum, Patricia (JEOL 200903 Marketing Manager JEOL USA)|
A new application note from JEOL demonstrates that high mass resolving power can be maintained for matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization (MALDI) imaging of biological specimens by using a TOF system with a very long flight path.
The JEOL SpiralTOF MALDI TOF/TOF mass spectrometer has unique multi-turn ion optics that pack a 17-meter flight path into a compact 1-meter mass analyzer. The instrument is capable of a resolving power of >60,000, the highest resolving power commercially available in a MALDI-TOF system. When equipped with the MS/MS option, the SpiralTOF is the only TOF/TOF system capable of monoisotopic precursor selection.
One consequence of the long flight path is that topographic differences in the sample have little effect on the measured mass spectrum. "In other words, the SpiralTOF can maintain high mass resolution and high mass accuracy while imaging, even if the sample is not flat," said Dr. Robert (Chip) Cody, Mass Spectrometry Product Manager at JEOL. This was also demonstrated in an earlier applications note describing the relationship between crystal condition and mass resolving power and accuracy.
A study carried out by JEOL Ltd. in collaboration with the Mass Spectrometry Group in the Department of Physics, at the Graduate School of Science of Osaka University used MALDI imaging to examine a section of mouse brain. Because of its long flight path, the SpiralTOF was able to create images showing separate spatial distributions for two phospholipids with masses that differed by only 90 millimass units!
The new tissue imaging application note and more than 20 additional SpiralTOF notes can be downloaded at www.jeolusa.com.
# # #
JEOL USA, Inc.
JEOL is a world leader in electron optical equipment and instrumentation for high-end scientific and industrial research and development. Core product groups include electron microscopes (SEMs and TEMs), instruments for the semiconductor industry (electron beam lithography and a series of defect review and inspection tools), and analytical instruments including mass spectrometers, NMRs and ESRs.
JEOL USA, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of JEOL, Ltd., Japan, was incorporated in the United States in 1962. The company has 13 regional service centers that offer unlimited emergency service and support in the U.S.
For more information about JEOL USA, Inc. or any JEOL products, visit www.jeolusa.com, or call 978-535-5900.
Patricia Corkum, Marketing Manager
978-536-2273 o email@example.com o www.jeolusa.com
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for JEOL (Group)
-  JEOL Ltd.. (9/7/16). "Press Release: Release of the New Scanning Electron Microscope JSM-IT300HR InTouchScope"....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (6/2/16). "Press Release: JEOL Highlights New Analytical Technologies at ASMS 2016". Peabody, MA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: Big Picture Plus Analysis from a Small, Compact, and Versatile Benchtop SEM – the JSM-6000PLUS NeoScope from JEOL". Atlanta, GA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: JEOL Demonstrates New Analytical Technology at Pittcon 2016". Atlanta, GA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: JEOL Debuts InfiTOF Multi-Turn Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometer for Real-time Gas Analysis". Atlanta, GA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: New PhotoIonization (PI) Source and a new Application for JEOL’s Fourth-Generation AccuTOF-GCX High-Resolution GC/Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometer". Atlanta, GA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: Powerful Problem-solving Mass Spectrometer Demonstrations at Pittcon 2016 – JEOL AccuTOF-DART 4G". Atlanta, GA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: JEOL Tungsten SEM with Smart Analytical Port Geometry Demonstrated at Pittcon 2016". Atlanta, GA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (2/22/16). "Press Release: Researchers First to Prove ZIKA Virus Associated with Microcephaly Used JEOL Transmission Electron Microscopes (TEM) for Imaging Brain Sections"....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (2/3/16). "Press Release: New JEOL »F2« Versatile S/TEM Offers Advanced Analytical Features". Peabody, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]