Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (6/12/15). "Press Release: New Multidisciplinary Centre for Research into Obesity and Related Diseases Opens in São Paulo. Full Range of Bruker Systems Installed in New Pre-clinical Imaging Laboratory". São Paulo.
|Organisation||Bruker Corporation (Nasdaq: BRKR)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Unicamp, Multidisciplinary Centre for Research into Obesity and Related Comorbidities (Cepid-OCRC)|
|Group||State University of Campinas (Unicamp)|
|Person||Thiel, Thorsten (Bruker 201204 Director Marketing Communications)|
|Person 2||Young, Joshua (Bruker 201301– VP Investor Relations before Merck KGA + Millipore LEFT BEFORE 7/16)|
Full range of Bruker systems installed in new pre-clinical imaging laboratory to drive fundamental research and support healthcare research
Sao Paulo – June 12, 2015 – Researchers, clinicians, health educators and policy makers all gathered on May 4th in Sao Paulo, Brazil, as the new Multidisciplinary Centre for Research into Obesity and Related Comorbidities (Cepid-OCRC) was opened at da Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP). At the heart of the new facility is a 3D imaging laboratory with a Bruker PET/SPECT/CT imaging system. Funds for the purchase of the laboratory systems were provided by the government-backed FAPESP research foundation, a body that supports fundamental and applied research projects as well as backing the development of the required infrastructure.
The new facility houses a latest generation Albira trimodal preclinical imaging instrument from Bruker. This revolutionary system features high resolution and superior image quality, and its rapid multimodal acquisition and reconstruction gives researchers a more complete picture and deeper insights into the causes and effects of disease.
Pre-clinical imaging is playing a growing role in the study of a wide range of diseases; by providing 3D molecular images in vivo researchers in, for example, oncology, cardiology, orthopedics, neurology, metabolism studies and new pharmaceuticals can advance their understanding of the fundamental basis of disease. Licio Augusto Velloso, the FCM researcher and coordinator of Cepid-OCRC, explained: "Because preclinical imaging procedures are not invasive we can follow a subject over a long period of time, significantly reducing the number of animals needed for our research. In addition, the equipment will enable the integration of basic research with translational and clinical findings. This will bring considerable advances in improving the diagnosis and treatment of human diseases."
The focus of the Cepid-OCRC is to provide the core facilities that allow basic, translational and clinical research, integrate a multidisciplinary team of investigators to collaboratively address critical research questions and create new possibilities for diagnosis and treatment of obesity. Furthermore, the center will be a focus for educating the next generation of scientists and investigators in the field.
The Coordinator of the Clinical Research Center (CPC) of FCM, Andrei Carvalho Sposito, said: “the inauguration of the lab and the installation of the equipment will promote closer integration among researchers at UNICAMP and deliver greater international impact of research produced by the institution.” The Coordinator of the postgraduate Committee of the FCM, Rosana Onocko Fields, representing FCM Director Ivan Felizardo Contrera Toro and the Associate Director of College Roberto Teixeira Mendes, added: “This moment marks a fruitful partnership with FAPESP.” A view echoed by the words of the Scientific Director of FAPESP, Carlos Henrique de Brito Cruz, who said: “A thriving center needs all the right ingredients – security to offer long research contracts to the best staff, and the ability to invest in equipment that is required is also important."
Scott Ireland, Preclinical Imaging Sales Manager for South America, Bruker, commented: “We are very proud to be part of this ground-breaking facility. Our consistent goal is to develop instrumentation that allows researchers around the world new capabilities and new opportunities to advance the understanding of disease conditions such as obesity. We share the aspirations of the group here and look forward to working with the scientists to ensure they extract the most powerful data from our systems.”
About Bruker Corporation
For more than 50 years, Bruker has enabled scientists to make breakthrough discoveries and develop new applications that improve the quality of human life. Bruker’s high-performance scientific research instruments and high-value analytical solutions enable scientists to explore life and materials at molecular, cellular and microscopic levels.
In close cooperation with our customers, Bruker is enabling innovation, productivity and customer success in life science molecular research, in applied and pharma applications, in microscopy, nano-analysis and industrial applications, as well as in cell biology, preclinical imaging, clinical research, microbiology and molecular diagnostics. For more information, please visit: http://www.bruker.com.
Dr. Thorsten Thiel
Director of Marketing Communications
T: +49 (721) 5161–6500
Vice President, Investor Relations
T: +1 (978)-663-3660, ext. 1479
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces New Scientific Instruments and Analytical Solutions at Pittcon 2017". Chicago, IL....
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/3/17). "Press Release: Alcami Invests in Bruker’s D8 Discover HTS System for High-Throughput X-Ray Diffraction Screening in Pharmaceutical Formulation Development". Weert & Karlsruhe....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at Investor Conferences". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Quarterly Dividend". Billerica, MA....
-  University of Warwick. (2/17/17). "Press Release: Molecular Phenomenon Discovered by Advanced NMR Facility"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/13/17). "Press Release: Bruker Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2016 Financial Results". Billerica, MA....
-  Albany Molecular Research, Inc.. (2/7/17). "Press Release: AMRI Announces Strategic Alliance to Advance Mass Spectrometry Capabilities for Drug Discovery". Albany, NY....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (2/6/17). "Press Release: One Million Tests a Week – Analytik Jena Optimizes the Process for Ultra High Throughput Screening". Jena & Washington, DC....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces MALDI PharmaPulse 2.0 Solution at SLAS 2017 for 100x Faster Mass Spectrometry-Based, Label-Free Screening in Drug Discovery"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/30/17). "Press Release: Bruker and iTomography Corporation Announce License Agreement for iTomo Image Reconstruction Software". Kontich....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]