Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (9/13/16). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces the New TRACER 5i Handheld XRF Elemental Analyzer System for Advanced Applications and Research". Billerica, MA.
|Organisation||Bruker Corporation (Nasdaq: BRKR)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Yale University|
|Product||Tracer™ 5i handheld X-ray fluorescence (XRF) elemental analyzer|
|Person||Sooter, Jerry (Bruker 201512 Marketing Manager at Nano Analytics Division)|
Bruker today introduces the new TRACER™ 5i handheld X-ray fluorescence (XRF) elemental analyzer. The new TRACER 5i is more sensitive, flexible and field interactive, while retaining the unique advantages and comprehensive analytical software that the previous TRACER model has been recognized for. The new TRACER 5i incorporates a more powerful tube and detector, an automated filter wheel and a manual filter slot, selectable collimation, Bruker's patented SharpBeam™ optimized geometry, pressure and temperature compensation, an internal VGA CMOS camera, an interactive touchscreen with point-and-shoot capability, and Wi-Fi & Bluetooth connectivity.
In addition, the TRACER 5i provides added convenience for in-situ use, such as an EasyAccess™ rail mount and the ambidextrous Relaxed Grip Strap™. The TRACER 5i retains the unique ability to use an air, vacuum or helium beam path and interactive control of the measurement excitation conditions for optimized data collection, especially for light elements, such as sodium. The new PC software preserves the TRACER's comprehensive ARTAX™ analytical software features for complex materials, but has a more streamlined workflow, and now incorporates EasyCal™ software to provide simple orrelation fits for standard materials.
The new TRACER 5i covers a wide range of applications and materials from everyday point-and-shoot testing to the ever-changing complexities of advanced applications and research. Whether it is in art conservation and archaeology, in teaching applications, in food safety and agriculture applications, in energy or mineral exploration, or in electronics materials research — the TRACER 5i can thoroughly and accurately analyze the elemental composition and identify standard or complex materials. The TRACER 5i is capable of analyzing a vast range of sample types, including liquids, slurries, powders, soil, sediment, sludge, cellulose, polymers, paper, solids, metals and alloys.
An early adopter of Bruker's Tracer technology, Dr. Marco Leona, the David H. Koch Scientist in Charge of Scientific Research at the Metropolitan Museum of Art and lecturer in Instrumental Analysis at the Conservation Center of New York University's Institute of Fine Arts, commented: "I am impressed with the thoughtfulness of design and the overall improved user interface and performance of the TRACER 5i."
Another early adopter of Tracer technology, Dr. Aniko Bezur, the Wallace S. Wilson Director of Scientific Research, Technical Studies Laboratory, Yale Institute for the Preservation of Cultural Heritage, and co-developer of the XRF Boot Camp for Conservators with the Getty Conservation Institute, stated: "It was good to see that the TRACER 5i incorporates suggestions we made at the early design stage. I really like some of the time saving features such as the ability to select beam filters on the fly without moving the instrument away from the artwork we are analyzing, and the untethered sample spot positioning. I am particularly pleased about the integration with ARTAX™ software and the ability to save and use custom methods to operate the unit."
Terry Smith, Director of R&D for Bruker's Handheld-Mobile-Portable XRF Business, added: "The original TRACER has been a popular product for many years, providing the trained user with far more capability than traditional point-and-shoot handhelds. Our experienced handheld XRF development team is excited to launch the new TRACER 5i which incorporates user experience suggestions from TRACER customers with particularly complex and varied measurement requirements."
The new TRACER 5i complements Bruker's industrially focused line of handheld XRF analyzers, the S1 TITAN Series, and is designed for customers who need both point-and-shoot solutions, as well as specialized analysis. Please visit our website for additional information at: www.bruker.com/tracer
About Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR)
For more than 50 years, Bruker has enabled scientists to make breakthrough discoveries and develop new applications that improve the quality of human life. Bruker's high-performance scientific research instruments and high-value analytical solutions enable scientists to explore life and materials at molecular, cellular and microscopic levels.
In close cooperation with our customers, Bruker is enabling innovation, productivity and customer success in life science molecular research, in applied and pharma applications, in microscopy, nano-analysis and industrial applications, as well as in cell biology, preclinical imaging, clinical research, microbiology and molecular diagnostics. For more information, please visit www.bruker.com
Marketing Manager, Handheld-Mobile-Portable XRF Business
T: +1 (509) 783-9850 x 6262
Record changed: 2016-10-21
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces New Scientific Instruments and Analytical Solutions at Pittcon 2017". Chicago, IL....
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/3/17). "Press Release: Alcami Invests in Bruker’s D8 Discover HTS System for High-Throughput X-Ray Diffraction Screening in Pharmaceutical Formulation Development". Weert & Karlsruhe....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at Investor Conferences". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Quarterly Dividend". Billerica, MA....
-  University of Warwick. (2/17/17). "Press Release: Molecular Phenomenon Discovered by Advanced NMR Facility"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/13/17). "Press Release: Bruker Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2016 Financial Results". Billerica, MA....
-  Albany Molecular Research, Inc.. (2/7/17). "Press Release: AMRI Announces Strategic Alliance to Advance Mass Spectrometry Capabilities for Drug Discovery". Albany, NY....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces MALDI PharmaPulse 2.0 Solution at SLAS 2017 for 100x Faster Mass Spectrometry-Based, Label-Free Screening in Drug Discovery"....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (2/6/17). "Press Release: One Million Tests a Week – Analytik Jena Optimizes the Process for Ultra High Throughput Screening". Jena & Washington, DC....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/30/17). "Press Release: Bruker and iTomography Corporation Announce License Agreement for iTomo Image Reconstruction Software". Kontich....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]