Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/1/16). "Press Release: Accurately Detect Volatile Organic Compounds in Manufactured Products. Fisher Chemical GC Headspace-grade Solvents Are Designed to Detect Residual Solvents for Ensuring Consumer Safety". Waltham, M
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||BioStrata Ltd.|
|Product 2||gas chromatography (GC)|
|Person||Roemer, Stephen (Thermo Fisher 201501 Global Director RnD at Fisher Chemical)|
|Person 2||Butchers, Carolyn (Biostrata 201411– before Alto Marketing)|
New solvents are designed to detect residual solvents and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that are used or produced during the manufacturing of pharmaceuticals, food packaging, personal care products, paint and other samples.
The new line of Fisher Chemical gas chromatography (GC) headspace-grade solvents can accurately detect the amount of residual solvent, providing users with a measure of toxicity. The headspace-grade solvents are performance tested to exceed the purity standards required by the International Conference of Harmonization (ICH), allowing for accurate detection of organic volatile impurities in a sample.
“We are excited to offer a complete solution that meets the needs of testing for residual impurities in research samples,” said Stephen C. Roemer, senior manager product development at Thermo Fisher Scientific. “The new Fisher Chemical CG headspace-grade solvents allow researchers to improve detection of impurities, are tested to ensure low organic contamination, amplify productivity and ensure detection of Classes 1 to 3 or residual solvents.”
Headspace GC analysis is a common practice to detect and quantify residual solvents in products and unreacted monomers in packaging. The technique requires extraction of residual solvents from the sample using a high-purity solvent, free of contaminants that could interfere with GC analysis by co-eluting with the peaks of interest.
All products in the new line of GC headspace-grade solvents have impurities equal to or below 1 ppm for Class 1 residual solvents, 10 ppm for Class 2 and 50 ppm for Class 3. The product offerings include Water, Dimethyl Sulfoxide (DMSO), N,N-Dimethylformamide (DMF), N,N-Dimethylacetamide (DMAC) and N-Methyl-2-Pyrrolidone (NMP). All of the solvents are tested by UV absorbance spectroscopy to ensure low organic contamination and are packaged in an inert atmosphere to maximize shelf life in unopened containers.
For more information, visit www.fishersci.com/GCHeadspace.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion, and more than 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Lisa Robillard, +1 781-790-7324
Carolyn Butchers, +44 (0) 1223 828200
Record changed: 2016-04-04
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: New Triple Quadrupole ICP-MS Combines Power and Simplicity". Chicago, IL....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Acquires Core Informatics, Provider of Leading Cloud-Based Scientific Data Platforms". Waltham, MA & Branford, CT....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Elects New Director to Board". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (2/16/17). "Press Release: 908 Devices Optimizes High-quality Mass Spec Analysis Through Partnership Agreement with Thermo Fisher Scientific". Boston, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of Finesse Solutions, Inc.". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/6/17). "Press Release: New Comprehensive LC-MS Workflow Provides Researchers with Higher Quality Data for Clinical Research Samples. Part of Collaboration between Thermo Fisher Scientific and Amerispec Diagnostics". Duba...
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/20/17). "Press Release: New Standard Test Method to Assess Water Safety. Thermo Fisher Scientific and the ASTM Develop Ion Chromatography-based Method for the Simultaneous Determination of Nitrogen and Phosphorous Levels...
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]