Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/1/15). "Press Release: New High Purity Grade of Solvents for UHPLC-MS Instrumentation – Fisher Chemical Optima UHPLC-MS Solvents". St. Louis, MO.
|Region||St. Louis, MO|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||ASMS (American Society for Mass Spectrometry)|
|Product||mass spectrometry reagents|
|Product 2||ASMS 2015 St. Louis|
|Person||Bhattacharya, Subhra (Thermo Fisher 201506 Senior Product Development Scientist)|
|Person 2||Butchers, Carolyn (Biostrata 201411– before Alto Marketing)|
Fisher Chemical Optima UHPLC-MS solvents designed to reduce background signal and increase sensitivity for rapid trace analysis
New, exceptionally pure mobile phase solvents for ultra-high-performance liquid chromatography–mass spectrometry (UHPLC-MS) instruments have been designed to reduce background signal and minimize chromatographic interferences, facilitating accurate, sensitive and rapid trace analysis.
Fisher Chemical Optima UHPLC-MS solvents are high-quality, ultra-pure and designed to address the trace analysis needs of chromatographers performing state-of-the-art UHPLC. These new solvents are qualified for use with UHPLC/MS instrumentation, such as the Thermo Scientific Vanquish system.
The Optima UHPLC-MS solvents will be exhibited for the first time at the 63rd Annual American Society for Mass Spectrometry Conference, Booth 140 and at the Landmark Suite at the Renaissance Hotel in St. Louis.
UHPLC-MS is becoming the preferred technique to LC-MS in analytical laboratories, as it enables users to perform separations substantially faster, due to the innovative sub-2 micron columns. Submicron filtration also reduces the clogging of instruments, columns and check valves. A typical LC-MS gradient run can take up to 60 minutes, whereas UHPLC-MS can reduce this to just five minutes, while yielding a similar resolution without compromising flow rates.
Optima UHPLC-MS solvents are ideal for detecting trace amounts of analyte by MS/MS using either gradient or direct-flow analysis without baseline interference. Notably, Optima UHPLC-MS solvents provide a very low mass/noise level in both positive- and negative-mode ionization, minimal metal ion content and a low UHPLC-UV response using photo diode array detection.
“The quality of these high-purity solvents is linked directly to the sensitivity of high-end mass spectrometers, where parts-per-trillion levels of analyte can be detected by the signature product ion peaks, “ said Subhra Bhattacharya, senior product development scientist at Thermo Fisher Scientific. “The low signal–to-noise ratio achieved with the Optima UHPLC-MS solvents highlights the ultrahigh purity, resulting in minimal background interference.”
More information on the Fisher Chemical Optima UHPLC-MS solvents can be found by visiting www.fishersci.com/fisherchemical
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Lisa Robillard, +1-781-790-7324
Carolyn Butchers, +44 (0) 1223 828200
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: New Triple Quadrupole ICP-MS Combines Power and Simplicity". Chicago, IL....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Acquires Core Informatics, Provider of Leading Cloud-Based Scientific Data Platforms". Waltham, MA & Branford, CT....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Elects New Director to Board". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (2/16/17). "Press Release: 908 Devices Optimizes High-quality Mass Spec Analysis Through Partnership Agreement with Thermo Fisher Scientific". Boston, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of Finesse Solutions, Inc.". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/6/17). "Press Release: New Comprehensive LC-MS Workflow Provides Researchers with Higher Quality Data for Clinical Research Samples. Part of Collaboration between Thermo Fisher Scientific and Amerispec Diagnostics". Duba...
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/20/17). "Press Release: New Standard Test Method to Assess Water Safety. Thermo Fisher Scientific and the ASTM Develop Ion Chromatography-based Method for the Simultaneous Determination of Nitrogen and Phosphorous Levels...
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]