Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/1/15). "Press Release: New High Purity Grade of Solvents for UHPLC-MS Instrumentation – Fisher Chemical Optima UHPLC-MS Solvents". St. Louis, MO.
|Region||St. Louis, MO|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||ASMS (American Society for Mass Spectrometry)|
|Product||mass spectrometry reagents|
|Product 2||ASMS 2015 St. Louis|
|Person||Bhattacharya, Subhra (Thermo Fisher 201506 Senior Product Development Scientist)|
|Person 2||Butchers, Carolyn (Biostrata 201411– before Alto Marketing)|
Fisher Chemical Optima UHPLC-MS solvents designed to reduce background signal and increase sensitivity for rapid trace analysis
New, exceptionally pure mobile phase solvents for ultra-high-performance liquid chromatography–mass spectrometry (UHPLC-MS) instruments have been designed to reduce background signal and minimize chromatographic interferences, facilitating accurate, sensitive and rapid trace analysis.
Fisher Chemical Optima UHPLC-MS solvents are high-quality, ultra-pure and designed to address the trace analysis needs of chromatographers performing state-of-the-art UHPLC. These new solvents are qualified for use with UHPLC/MS instrumentation, such as the Thermo Scientific Vanquish system.
The Optima UHPLC-MS solvents will be exhibited for the first time at the 63rd Annual American Society for Mass Spectrometry Conference, Booth 140 and at the Landmark Suite at the Renaissance Hotel in St. Louis.
UHPLC-MS is becoming the preferred technique to LC-MS in analytical laboratories, as it enables users to perform separations substantially faster, due to the innovative sub-2 micron columns. Submicron filtration also reduces the clogging of instruments, columns and check valves. A typical LC-MS gradient run can take up to 60 minutes, whereas UHPLC-MS can reduce this to just five minutes, while yielding a similar resolution without compromising flow rates.
Optima UHPLC-MS solvents are ideal for detecting trace amounts of analyte by MS/MS using either gradient or direct-flow analysis without baseline interference. Notably, Optima UHPLC-MS solvents provide a very low mass/noise level in both positive- and negative-mode ionization, minimal metal ion content and a low UHPLC-UV response using photo diode array detection.
“The quality of these high-purity solvents is linked directly to the sensitivity of high-end mass spectrometers, where parts-per-trillion levels of analyte can be detected by the signature product ion peaks, “ said Subhra Bhattacharya, senior product development scientist at Thermo Fisher Scientific. “The low signal–to-noise ratio achieved with the Optima UHPLC-MS solvents highlights the ultrahigh purity, resulting in minimal background interference.”
More information on the Fisher Chemical Optima UHPLC-MS solvents can be found by visiting www.fishersci.com/fisherchemical
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Lisa Robillard, +1-781-790-7324
Carolyn Butchers, +44 (0) 1223 828200
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]