Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (6/25/09). "Press Release: Waters Opens a Window onto Mass Spectrometry with New Primer. Primer Promotes a Better Understanding of the Practical Uses of MS as a Tool for the Advancement of Science". Milford, MA.
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Product||mass spectrometry (MS)|
|Product 2||ACQUITY UPLC (Ultra Performance LC™) system|
Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT) has published a new 65-page primer on mass spectrometry for practitioners and non-practitioners seeking to hone their understanding of the newest sample introduction, ionization, ion separation and detection techniques for quadrupole, hybrid, and ion trap mass spectrometers. The primer includes a special section on UltraPerformance LC® (UPLC®) as an inlet to the mass spectrometer, ion mobility and recent innovations such as desorption electrospray ionization (DESI), direct analysis in real time (DART), atmospheric GC and atmospheric solids analysis probe (ASAP) technology.
Mass spectrometry is a vital tool for the scientific laboratory and involved in countless investigations as varied as solving crimes, outing athletes taking performance enhancing drugs, and finding biomarkers of disease or determining the diets of lost civilizations and settling the debate as to whether modern-day chickens are descendants of Tyrannosaurus Rex1.
The primer was authored by noted columnist Michael Balogh, the long-time author of the column titled MS - The Practical Art that appears regularly in LC-GC magazine.
Single copies of the primer (Part No. 715001940) cost $49.50 and can be purchased online at:
About Waters Corporation (www.waters.com)
Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT) creates business advantage for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering practical and sustainable innovation to enable significant advancements in such areas as healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety and water quality worldwide.
Pioneering a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis, Waters technology breakthroughs and laboratory solutions provide an enduring platform for customer success.
With revenue of $1.58 billion in 2008 and 5,000 employees, Waters is driving scientific discovery and operational excellence for customers worldwide.
1. Origin of Species: How a T. Rex Femur Sparked a Scientific Smackdown, Wired Magazine 17.07, July 2009, pp 102 - 109.
Waters, UltraPerformance LC and UPLC are trademarks of Waters Corporation.
Waters Corporate Contacts
Brian J. Murphy
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]