Document › Details
Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA.
|Product||Clarity® Oligo-XT column|
|Product 2||Clarity® Oligo-SAX column|
|Person||Lomas, Simon (Phenomenex 201403 Brand Manager)|
Phenomenex Inc., global leader in the research, design and manufacture of advanced technologies for the separation sciences, introduces two new particle chemistries for the characterization and purification of synthetic oligonucleotides. Joining the company’s Clarity BioSolutions portfolio are Clarity Oligo-XT, for high-efficiency reversed-phase LC analysis and purification, and Clarity Oligo-SAX, a high-resolution strong anion exchanger (SAX) for characterization. Phenomenex Clarity BioSolutions, first introduced almost a decade ago, are used in pharmaceutical labs and contract research organizations (CROs) where synthetic oligonucleotide-based therapeutics are being developed and tested, as well as in the labs of custom oligonucleotide and nucleic acid manufacturers. Synthetic oligonucleotides are growing in popularity as novel agents for the treatment of disease, and liquid chromatography continues to be an effective tool for characterization, with technology advancements that address improvements in resolution, throughput and column lifetime.
The new Clarity Oligo-XT C18 columns feature novel and robust core-shell media, for high-efficiency reversed-phase characterization of synthetic DNA and RNA, pH stability from 1 to 12 and increased sensitivity that improves quantitation by mass spectrometry (MS). These core-shell particles deliver the separation power necessary to accurately resolve closely related synthetic oligonucleotide sequences. Clarity Oligo-XT columns are available in directly scalable 1.7µm, 2.6µm and 5µm particle sizes that enable easy method transfer between analytical HPLC/UHPLC instrumentation and preparative purifications systems. The 5µm particle is available in Phenomenex’s patented Axia-packed preparative columns that increase purification performance.
The Clarity Oligo-SAX columns feature an entirely new, rugged non-porous particle that retains synthetic oligonucleotides through strong ion exchange mechanisms, adding a robust strong anion exchanger choice with improved column lifetimes to the Clarity family. These quaternary amine functionalized, nonporous particles are engineered for performance at high pH (2.5 to 12.5) and temperatures up to 85 °C and are provided in 5µm particle size for analytical characterization.
"Our synthetic oligonucleotide characterization products are solution-based and have been developed to meet our customers' evolving needs,” said Simon Lomas, strategic marketing manager for Phenomenex. “The Oligo-XT and Oligo-SAX columns allow customers to capitalize on both reversed-phase and ion exchange chromatography to get greater separation, faster analyses and extended column lifetimes."
Phenomenex's Clarity BioSolutions product portfolio delivers purified synthetic oligonucleotides in a range of formats and scales to meet the specific demands of the industry. From simple desalting, to rapid isolation of oligonucleotide therapeutics from biological samples, to high-throughput, high-purity purification techniques, the Clarity BioSolutions portfolio offers a comprehensive approach.
For more information regarding this article please contact: Phenomenex Press Room
Tel: (310) 212-0555 (USA)
Record changed: 2016-12-22
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (3/2/17). "Press Release: Phenomenex Extends Kinetex and Luna Omega Performance Advantages to 1mm ID Format". Torrance, CA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Appointment of Raymond C. Stevens, Ph.D. to Danaher Board". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (2/8/17). "Press Release: Phenomenex Publishes Comprehensive Food Testing Guide Featuring More Than 150 Applications". Torrance, CA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (1/24/17). "Press Release: Sciex Launches New Fast Glycan Labeling and Analysis Kit for Comprehensive Biopharmaceutical Characterization". Framingham, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (1/24/17). "Press Release: Sciex Launches New X500B QTOF Mass Spectrometry System for Standardized Biotherapeutic Characterization". Framingham, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (1/17/17). "Press Release: Sciex lädt ein zum 7. Berliner LC-MS/MS Symposium". Darmstadt....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results and Provides Business Update". South Easton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]