Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (7/18/16). "Press Release: New Gas Chromatography System Brings Power of Orbitrap GC-MS Technology to Routine Applications". Sunnyvale, CA.
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||BioStrata Ltd.|
|Product||Exactive™ GC Orbitrap GC/MS system|
|Product 2||Orbitrap GC-MS Contaminants Library|
|Person||Pigozzo, Fausto (Thermo Fisher 201607 Director of Marketing GC + GC-MS)|
|Person 2||Karl, Neha (BioStrata 201606)|
Thermo Scientific Exactive GC Orbitrap GC-MS system allows researchers to gain deep understanding of samples and broadens the scope of routine analytical methods
Researchers in the fields of food safety, environmental, industrial, forensics and anti-doping can now expand their analytical capabilities using a system designed to enable powerful qualitative and quantitative analysis for GC-MS applications.
The new Thermo Scientific Exactive GC Orbitrap GC-MS system is designed to provide sensitive, routine grade performance for both targeted and non-targeted analysis, along with powerful quantitation. The system offers the quantitative power of a GC triple quadrupole mass spectrometer combined with the unique advantages of Orbitrap high resolution accurate mass technology, allowing new options for routine laboratories to advance their workflows.
“Routine labs commonly need high selectivity and sensitivity to detect and analyze increasingly challenging compounds and matrix combinations, which to date has required a range of techniques to accurately screen and quantify compounds,” said Fausto Pigozzo, director of marketing, Gas Chromatography and Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry, Thermo Fisher Scientific. “With the Exactive GC system, users can now acquire high-resolution scan data, mine the data, perform retrospective analysis and look for compounds that would otherwise not be detected with a traditional targeted analysis.”
When used in combination with Thermo Scientific TraceFinder software and mass spectral libraries, users can benefit from intelligent data processing workflows for analyte screening and quantitation. Also new, the Thermo Scientific Orbitrap GC-MS Contaminants Library features more than 700 compounds significant for food and environmental analysis and allows users to perform target quantitation, target screening and non-target screening workflows.
Harnessing the power of the multi-award winning Orbitrap GC-MS technology, the new system is designed for scientists working in more routine environments who are looking to increase their reach beyond targeted quantitation in analysis. Through outstanding resolving power, mass accuracy, linear dynamic range and sensitivity unique to Orbitrap technology, the Exactive GC empowers researchers to gain a deep understanding of samples.
The system’s high-selectivity full-scan analysis brings additional new benefits to the routine environment, including ease of analytical set-up, broad scope, efficient automatic data processing and retrospective data analysis. In addition to technologies such as time-of-flight (TOF) and quadrupole-time-of-flight (Q-TOF) mass spectrometry, the Exactive GC provides other analytical options to scientists—allowing selective, quantitative and qualitative analysis from within the same injection, routinely.
The Exactive GC system is showcasing this week at the 53rd Annual North American Chemical Residue Workshop (NACRW) at the TradeWinds Island Grand in St. Pete Beach, Florida.
For more information about the Exactive GC system, please visit www.thermofisher.com/ExactiveGC.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and more than 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Laura Bright, +1 562-335-8318
Neha Karl, +44 (0) 1223 257830
Record changed: 2016-08-09
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]