Document › Details
Varian, Inc.. (2/28/06). "Press Release: Varian, Inc.’s New Family of Mass Spec Leak Detectors Offers Ease of Use and Broad Range Functionality". Palo Alto, CA.
|Organisation||Varian Inc. (Nasdaq: VARI)|
|Product 2||analytical instrument|
Varian, Inc. (Nasdaq: VARI) today introduced a new series of helium mass spectrometer leak detectors for testing the integrity of systems, chambers, containers, and parts by using helium as a tracer gas. The new VS Series includes the portable VS PR02 leak detector and the mobile (cart mounted) VS MR15 and VS MD30 leak detectors.
The VS Series leak detectors allow for greater access to advanced system intelligence at the push of a button to precisely locate and measure leaks in objects, such as power plant condensers, food packaging, automobile air bags, and medical devices. They are designed to meet the maintenance needs of industrial processing, parts manufacturing, high energy physics, and general research applications, offering the mobility and high performance specifications to find costly and inefficient leaks in equipment from accelerators and underground pressurized power cables to electron microscopes and surface analytical systems. In addition, the VS Series simplifies daily operation, minimizes operator error, and maximizes throughput and efficiency for semiconductor and small parts manufacturers, who use the detectors to check hermetic packaging, automotive parts, refrigeration circuits, and numerous other products.
"The VS Series unit is fast and responds quickly to leaks -- no matter the size. The translation capability makes it easy to use, as does the fact that the leak rate is always displayed, even when I am using other screens," says Cilesia Lopes, test technician for Massachusetts-based Sinclair Manufacturing Company, which specializes in hermetic microelectronic packaging for aerospace, defense, semiconductor, bio-medical, and optoelectronics companies and served as a beta-test site for the PR02 leak detector. Sinclair President David LeMieux adds, "The compact size gives the unit greater flexibility in the factory, and the ability to perform leak checking procedures more quickly saves in labor costs."
"Varian, Inc. is committed to maximizing productivity and system uptime for our customers, and our new VS Series leak detectors do just that," says Sergio Piras, senior vice president, Vacuum Technologies, Varian, Inc. "Embedded intelligence in the VS Series maximizes system functionality and simplifies user interface allowing the leak detection process to meet diverse and increasingly demanding needs as well as specific application requirements."
The Varian VS PR02, VS MR15, and VS MD30 are available for order, with shipments to begin in April 2006.
For more technical information about Varian's VS Series helium mass spectrometer leak detectors, please visit: http://www.varianinc.com/cgi-bin/nav?products/vacuum/leakdetect/VS/index
Varian, Inc. is a leading worldwide supplier of scientific instruments and vacuum technologies for life science and industrial applications. The company provides complete solutions, including instruments, vacuum components, laboratory consumable supplies, software, training, and support through its global distribution and support systems. Varian, Inc. employs approximately 3,700 people and operates manufacturing facilities in 13 locations in North America, Europe, and the Pacific Rim. Varian, Inc. had fiscal year 2005 sales of $773 million (excluding the divested Electronics Manufacturing segment), and its common stock is traded on Nasdaq under the symbol, "VARI." Further information is available on the company's Web site: www.varianinc.com.
For More Information, Contact:
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]