Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/3/09). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Thermo Fisher Scientific Releases Watson LIMS 7.4 with TSQ Series LC/MS Connectivity at ASMS 2009. Additional Functionality Includes Incurred Sample Reanalysis Enhancements
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product 2||TSQ Quantum Access MAX™ triple-stage quadrupole mass spectrometry system|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, will introduce new functionality to its latest release of Watson LIMS that brings critical time and cost savings to pharmaceutical companies and contract research organizations (CROs) involved in drug metabolism and pharmacokinetic (DMPK) studies for drug discovery and development. Thermo Scientific Watson LIMS will be showcased at the Thermo Scientific hospitality suite at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown in Salons G-K during the American Society of Mass Spectrometry (ASMS) conference, which runs from May 31-June 4 in Philadelphia.
Thermo Scientific Watson LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System), purpose-built for bioanalytical applications, now includes a built-in data interchange with the company's TSQ Series mass spectrometers, allowing for direct data acquisition, peak integration and re-integration, storage, archiving and reporting of raw data, all under the control of Watson's centralized Oracle database repository. Watson's connectivity to Thermo Scientific TSQ Series mass spectrometers eliminates time-consuming manual verification of LC/MS data transfers, and provides a single audit trail for QA and the FDA, providing greater workflow efficiencies, time and cost savings.
In addition to Watson's industry-first interface with the LC/MS, the release of Watson 7.4 also simplifies daily workflow for bioanalytical laboratories by delivering enhanced functionality for incurred sample reanalysis (ISR). ISR has become an accepted way to assess the quality of bioanalytical assays and is widely accepted within the pharmaceutical industry and by regulatory agencies. The latest release of Watson LIMS allows researchers to perform incurred sample reanalysis on an individual sample basis, and eliminates the previously required mandatory repeat runs for bioanalytical samples. Watson's new ISR reporting features provide new comparison methods with built-in calculations and greater ease of use by enabling flexible, pre-configured reporting of ISR results using templates, for a truly out-of-the-box user experience. Watson's direct data acquisition from Thermo Scientific TSQ Series LC/MS instruments together with its new incurred sample reanalysis functionality and reporting will deliver time savings to pharmaceutical companies and CROs, allowing them to bring drugs to market faster for less cost.
The strength of this end-to-end solution is unique to Watson-based data processing and reporting, for data that is acquired directly from the TSQ Series LC/MS. This solution delivers greatly enhanced functionality for data security and chain of custody for regulatory compliance, as well as a lower cost of ownership due to the reduced validation burden. Thermo Scientific Watson LIMS is the leading bioanalytical LIMS, and is relied upon by 18 of the top 20 pharmaceutical companies as well as leading CROs worldwide. Watson is a highly specialized, protocol-driven software application designed to support drug metabolism and pharmacokinetic (DMPK) studies in drug discovery and development. Pharmaceutical companies and CROs worldwide that standardize on Thermo Scientific Watson LIMS can count on secure data transmissions, regulatory compliance, reliable audit trails and improved time to market.
For more information about Thermo Scientific Watson LIMS, please visit the Thermo Scientific hospitality suite at the Philadelphia Marriot Downtown in Salons G-K during ASMS 2009. For more information about Thermo Scientific mass spectrometry solutions, please call 1-800-532-4752, e-mail email@example.com visit www.thermo.com/ms.
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
For a full list of all press releases announcing new products at ASMS 2009, please visit www.thermo.com/ASMS.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With 2008 revenues of $10.5 billion, we have approximately 34,000 employees and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. The Thermo Scientific brand represents a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]